Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #185
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by SermoVita
The gameplay is nice, but if you think connected careers makes the replayability good you are sadly mistaken. I have played every madden since its inception and time spent playing isnt even close to the amount time most of spend on fantasy drafts and building our own team, and importing ncaa rosters to draft real players.

I have never once since we have been able to import rosters drafted a madden class. It's pointless. Why would i want to use fake made up guys when i can get the real guys.

This is the first madden since the day the first one was released that i wont buy the game, i already have a burned version im playing. I'm enjoying the gameplay but i cant even see myself playing this game by the time the real season actually starts. Online gameplay is always horrible, because you have to deal with ******s who want to run the same plays over and over. Which makes winning more than boring. Superstar mode or whatever you want to call it now is pointless. This isnt NBA2k. I want to play with real players no made up fake guys.

I would love to hear one intelligent reason as to why you would remove the fantasy draft. More people play fantasy football every year than even play madden so why would you make the game only good for online players? There is no reason to play this game now if you like to play offline and be "A Real GM/Coach". Fantasy Draft seasons are better than the real teams because the teams are on even playing fields instead having teams who small market big market mismatches like the real thing.

Gameplay = Good
Offline Gameplay = Ruined

If i want to play online for a game it definitely won't be on a console it will be on the computer where real online games are.

EA just lost me and 10 of its original customers. We have already burned the game and are refusing to buy it without fantasy drafts, position editing, and draft class imports.

A real football coach (which i am) would never want to play this. I cant make my own team, control it, and move players to the position they should be in on my defensive scheme. Why would i want to play someone elses scheme. When i am coach and run my own?

Sad day for madden lovers
I think gameplay is the most important thing in a football video game but imo this years is garbage just like every year since the next gen. Now if the gameplay aint so good then you have to have a deep offline franchise mode to make up for it, but oops they screwed that up too!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 PM   #186
Rookie

rockit's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SermoVita

EA just lost me and 10 of its original customers. We have already burned the game and are refusing to buy it without fantasy drafts, position editing, and draft class imports.
While I definitely feel your pain, but you will be back for next years Madden. That's how I was too, then I gave in again, lol
Old 08-30-2012, 12:05 AM   #187
Rookie

# 21 SamoanSteelerFromAus @ Aug 30 (3 Hours Ago)
Its definitely heading in the right direction but I understand the cynicism from a lot of players because this foundation should of been layed a few installments ago. It's hard for some of us to jump up and down praising the game when we've been extremely dissapointed for years and in the back of our heads we KNOW how good this game could be RIGHT NOW if they didn't eff around so long putting in features then stripping them or simply just not putting the effort in.
Personally i still carry resentment because I know if the license wasn't bought, we would have a better madden in our hands right now and better nfl games from other companies... but more importantly I know 2k would have the most amazing nfl game out as we speak because I always found their engine superior.
I'm optimistic about the franchise but like I said, this has been owed to us for some time now so they won't have me throwing them a parade for something there obligated to do since they eliminated the competition.
Just my thoughts. Peace.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #188
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockit
While I definitely feel your pain, but you will be back for next years Madden. That's how I was too, then I gave in again, lol
Actually I don't like ncaa, i only simulate four straight years to get the real players for real draft classes. As for play i have always been highly ranked and beat highly ranked players. That was never a problem, it just gets boring. For me to keep playing madden all year i need to be able to build and draft my own team the way i see fit.

yeah rockit ill be back next year cause i love madden since they stole the original gameplay from Joe Montana Football. I'm a simulation football guy and always will be.

For the 2k fans i owned every version even the dreamcast version, which in my eyes was probably there best game. The d-line play in 2k was better than madden has ever been. Which to me is the funnest part of the whole game. Obviously the sportcenter cutaways were brilliant, and when EA bought the rights i was so happy. But have seem the rights squandered because of no competition. You can only blame the NFL for allowing exclusive rights.

If they patch in a fantasy draft, player editing, and a draft class importing me and my friends will go buy the game, but for now ill play my free burned version when I need a quick fix.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #189
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRadioGuy
"Gone are the days of ........ as well as the ability to do a fantasy draft. But the subtraction of those takes away absolutely nothing from the game in my mind."

This statement by the reviewer is mind numbing. You choose a philosophy of winning football and implement it through this mode. You test your philosophy against the AI or other live players. The knowledge of what it takes to build a winning football franchise instead of "Y button, LT, Y button, A, A, X".

In your mind, huh, Dustin.

WOW.

With the typos in the article and that statement right there .. you should be disqualified from reviewing 3DS games much less the biggest sports game release of the year.

This isn't so much Dustin's fault as it is the management of this site.

This is Madden. You can't assign a guy like this to review a release of this stature.
I completely agree. After i read that, i stopped reading it all together. Almost word for word what was said on Ign.com which is why i quit reading their review also. Without a fantasy draft the only thing to do on the game is play online, which gets super boring really fast when i win10 in a row and only one game is a decent game, while at least one is somebody trying to run non huddle withe 6 plays. lmao
Old 08-30-2012, 02:13 AM   #190
Rookie

(Restless Rustlings of an "Old Gent") I have been playing Madden Football since its inception Madden 95? (PC DAYS)..... I have enjoyed the gameplay each year with its graphic enhancements etc. However.....tomorrow morning I will be asking for a refund-exchange for MADDEN13. I am an OFFLINE user. Yes...I realize, a 53 year old Dinosaur who enjoys OFFLINE Franchise Mode (Fantasy Drafts...editing players...playing as any of 32 teams) I choose not to play ONLINE. Madden13 as olline gameplay is unuseable (Coach mode is NOT the same as Franchise Mode in Madden12. A lost year of simming an NFL season awaits. As as sidenote....I hope that the the rumors are incorrect.... EA NHL13 has also chosen to drop the traditional Franchise Mode........please "say it aint so.".........
Old 08-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #191
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

I've seen the phrase "headed in the right direction" about this game all through this board, and maybe people are optimistic, but I'm sorry, I can't give this title and EA another year off. It's going on 7 years and this franchise has gotten by on it's name alone not it's reputation of a great game. While other sports titles such as The Show, NBA 2K, and FIFA, and even the WWE titles on THQ have flourished, but Madden is still trying to find itself on this gens consoles. Every year we are introduced to new modes and features while previous modes we thought would be built upon have fallen by the waist side.

The people who like this game, more power to them and I'm happy you are enjoying it. For individuals such as myself who demand a better product for the given price tag, I would promote not settling. Because that's how I would have felt if I would have given in and purchased this game. I've been around these boards long enough to know that constant bashing of any title does not result in progression of said title or discussions pertaining that title. I'll speak louder with my wallet, then any words I can ever type on OS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 07:31 AM   #192
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
If you love football..and you love video games then this years madden is a MUST BUY i would give it a 8.9 out of 10 ...without doubt the best madden EVER and im talking about pure football "on field" gameplay ...its just a blast to play madden again, finally... IMO opinion if you cant enjoy this years Madden 13 you need to give it up for good as far as video game football goes...just my opinion

yep, Madden finally matches APF in on field play in my eyes. Not gonna retire APF, but I see it getting a lot less play this season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »