Home

** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

This is a discussion on ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2013, 11:54 PM   #849
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: ** SPOILERS ** Madden 13 Draft Class Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaddict
Doesn't have to be a round. Just save the game after every other draft pick and wait for a team to draft him. Reload and trade up. Most of the time it works and I have almost never seen a player go much earlier than predicted. 10 spots, but certainly not more than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbengal
I just finished that draft. I had my eye on Johnson, but had some other needs I addressed. He was projected to go 2.15, and I think he went late 1st round or very early 2nd round.
Thanks guys. I went undefeated and depending on what happens in the playoffs will determine where im drafting but as of right now, it looks like i'll trade up into the teens to make sure I get him. 49ers have 11 draft picks so I can spare one or two to get the guy I want. Thanks.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:39 PM   #850
Rookie

andeftw's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicaddict
Doesn't have to be a round. Just save the game after every other draft pick and wait for a team to draft him. Reload and trade up. Most of the time it works and I have almost never seen a player go much earlier than predicted. 10 spots, but certainly not more than that.
What's the point of doing a CCM if you just take all the variables out of it? You can either take the player early or risk losing him to another team. But then again, if you're using the guides you're not really playing for realism but just to build a strong team with less effort.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #851
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andeftw
What's the point of doing a CCM if you just take all the variables out of it? You can either take the player early or risk losing him to another team. But then again, if you're using the guides you're not really playing for realism but just to build a strong team with less effort.
Well, I traded up five spots with JAX from 32 to 27 to draft C Ryan Johnson. I didnt want to take the chance that I wouldnt get him. While I saved every pick, I didnt reload or anything. Didnt have to as I decided to just pull the trigger and trade up. Gave up my second third round draft pick to move up five spots.

I use the Draft Class guides because quite honestly, for years I wouldnt even go past the first round because there was never any point. Always get crappy or average guys that you dont even need. Even using the guides, doesnt mean you get every player you want. I wanted to draft a backup LT, RG and RT but didnt get any of the guys I wanted as they were already gone. Out of ten draft picks, I kept six of them (RB Justice Lewis/87, TE Eric Legaux/84, C Ryan Johnson/79, DT Sione Fua/87, LE Barry Gilliam/68 and RE Tevin Favors/71) while releasing the other four. Those ratings are in-game, not in the CCM menus. The four other players were three receivers and one cornerback. All in the 60's but I just didnt want or need them so I let them go.

I'm playing with the 49ers who are stacked to begin with but in one off-season, I have released QB Alex Smith, TE Delanie Walker, C Jonathan Goodwin, C Brian Jennings, LE Demarcus Dobbs, RE Will Tukuafu, CB Carlos Rogers, CB Tarell Brown and K David Akers.

I re-signed DT Ricky Jean Francois, DT Ian Williams, MLB Larry Grant, MLB Tavares Gooden, CB Tramaine Brock and FS Dashon Goldson. FA's that I allowed to leave were WR Randy Moss, WR Ted Ginn, TE Garrett Celek, RG Leonard Davis, DT Isaac Sopoaga and SS Darcel McBath. ROLB Clark Haggans retired.

FA period wise, I went after five free agents - QB Chase Daniel, RB Jonathan Dwyer, TE Jared Cook, CB Curtis Holcomb and K David Beuhler. I was able to sign three out of five with Dwyer and Cook being the two that I wasnt able to sign.

After the Draft, I signed a bunch of free agents. WR Roscoe Parrish, WR Donnie Avery*, TE John Phillips, LT Jason Fox, RG Duke Robinson, RT Brandon Keith, LOLB Jason Williams*, ROLB Geno Hayes, CB Chris Houston* and CB Sean Smith.

A few of those above players were in the FA period and signed by other teams yet were let go after the Draft. The players with the asterik were the players I released during the final cuts.

When you look at all of the above, the horrible decision making by the CPU AI due to the horrible scheme setup, no one should be playing Madden for realism because its not going to happen. Take the Miami Dolphins AI for example. Despite having franchise QB Ryan Tannehill (80 in game), they signed QB Kurt Warner who came out of retirement (which isnt realistic at all), QB Alex Smith who I released AND drafted a QB in the second round.

So please dont talk about realism when it comes to Madden because quite honestly, there isnt any.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2013, 10:23 PM   #852
Banned

On a side note -

For whatever reason, my C Ryan Johnson has sleeves on despite the fact that I removed them via the editing equipment option. This is driving me nuts. Anyone else here draft Johnson and had the same problem?
Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #853
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
On a side note -

For whatever reason, my C Ryan Johnson has sleeves on despite the fact that I removed them via the editing equipment option. This is driving me nuts. Anyone else here draft Johnson and had the same problem?
I have the same thing with shon cheever from the stacy knight draft. Hes always wearing the white full sleeves wile in the edit screen it say none. Even if i change the sleeves to black or something else it will stay white on the field.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:49 PM   #854
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
I have the same thing with shon cheever from the stacy knight draft. Hes always wearing the white full sleeves wile in the edit screen it say none. Even if i change the sleeves to black or something else it will stay white on the field.
Damn it. Must be come kind of bug/glitch. Thanks.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:24 AM   #855
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel77733
Damn it. Must be come kind of bug/glitch. Thanks.
Yes i think that too. Were stuck with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #856
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickDL
Yes i think that too. Were stuck with it.
Not me. I deleted the CCM and im selling this game tomorrow on ebay. I've had enough with this damn game. I cant deal with all the ******* problems anymore. All I do is get aggravated and frustrated to no end because Tiburon doesnt know how to test out their damn game and makes us do it instead. UGH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »