Home

Madden NFL 13 - Changing Schemes in Online Connected Careers Arrives on Oct. 19th

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 - Changing Schemes in Online Connected Careers Arrives on Oct. 19th within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden NFL 13 - Changing Schemes in Online Connected Careers Arrives on Oct. 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahman19
It matters in the sense of having goals that fit play style. I want to be a balanced team, but in order to meet my weekly goals and get the most XP for player/coach improvement, I am stuck throwing the ball 35-40 times a game to get my 350 pass yards and 3 TD's that is the goal EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK.
Do schemes affect goals at all? They seem "random" to me.

I know they don't consider the player so already it's a problem. No way was I going to get Terrelle Pryor to 4800 yards...unless the season was maybe 24 games long, nor would any reasonable coach - not even Rex Ryan would think Pryor would get him 5,000 yds and the Jets are a mess.

That said, depending on how many plays you get a game, 35 isn't really "unbalanced". It's about 60/40 to pass in the NFL, so if you're getting 58 to 60 plays, and throwing 35 times, that's NFL balance.

But, I just play to win the game. If there's a player goal that's attainable for some quick XP and won't make me deviate (like throwing my power back 2 screens or a couple arrow routes - and using one of those to get him a receiving TD - or throwing to my #1 WR so he gets 6 rec/90 yds/1 TD) then I will. Otherwise, I don't worry about it. I think players progress fine since most have reasonable season goals (where the big XP is), though expecting a back up LB to get 125 tackles is insane, and will get XP for some feats like 10 tackles and such, which are doable every time.

One really crazy thing is that back up HBs are expected to get only 600 yards. If you are a power run team and like to use at least another HB (a power and "change of pace" type, or just two power guys and rotate for fresher legs late like Ravens started doing with Rice and Pierce), you can get that quick, and if he's a Superstar Dev, that can be 25,000 easy XP! (40 yds a game will get him to 640 on the year).
Old 01-24-2013, 01:25 AM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 13 - Changing Schemes in Online Connected Careers Arrives on Oct. 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover

One really crazy thing is that back up HBs are expected to get only 600 yards. If you are a power run team and like to use at least another HB (a power and "change of pace" type, or just two power guys and rotate for fresher legs late like Ravens started doing with Rice and Pierce), you can get that quick, and if he's a Superstar Dev, that can be 25,000 easy XP! (40 yds a game will get him to 640 on the year).
Its not really that easy. Baltimore has not had a backup RB get 600 yards since 08 when three RBs split carries.

The season goals for defensive players are another story. Because the game does not count assisted tackles it is very hard to meet goals for LB and linemen if those goals are tackle numbers. Building up a defense through the draft is ridiculously hard because of this (unless you cheat and check for draft spoilers)
Old 04-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #51
Pro

Trick13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Its not really that easy. Baltimore has not had a backup RB get 600 yards since 08 when three RBs split carries.
It may not be that easy, to have a #2 RB get 600 yards in the actual NFL, but it can be very easy in CCM depending on sliders and play style and such.

Defensively, how nice would it be if the game just tracked assisted tackles?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
It'll stick if you don't re-enter the screen. So, go in make all the changes you want to the positions and then change your coaching schemes. Back out of that menu, Save your CCM. When you look at coaching profile or career goals, it'll list the schemes you select. If you go back into the Scheme menu, it'll reset to WC/Attacking 4-3.
Appreciate this man

Thanks a bunch

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »