Home

Madden NFL 25 Video Interview with Some Early Gameplay Shown (GotGame)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video Interview with Some Early Gameplay Shown (GotGame) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #105
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
I hear you loud & clear, YAK, on the slider gears and to that, the slider technicians will have to understate the overwhelming effects of these sudden outcomes, I guarantee that.

I look at these effects and I see one big, glaring blob of bigness. I may as well look at a big, black blob colored in with couple random white dots because that is what these changes look like.

M13 had better balance in IE 1.0; It could have used an increase in the subroutines of procedural programming and procedural awareness but it was a good base. Instead, EA devs decided to change the whole culture of the environement and scale it to fit an NFL Blitz persona with some little white dots sprinkled in (see: footplanting upgrade).

Like the man with the shades, this is another cover-up effect to take our attention away from the glaring concerns that have been eyesores for eons.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 01:48 AM   #106
MVP

Shaffer26's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video Interview with Some Early Gameplay Shown (GotGame)

This video is about "flashes" of good-to-great and bad-to-worse animations and gameplay. Yes, the Kerrigan play looked pretty good. The DMC run, not so much. We see this all the time in Madden now, a glimpse of what could/should be but it just hasn't quite gotten over the hump.

Every game has its flaws. From The Show to NHL to Madden, each game has it's own warts but for me, Madden's "flashes" have not outweighed the product as a whole. I can not justify a purchase until the "good" outweighs the "bad."

I give slack to games like The Show and 2K basketball not because they are perfect but because the devs strive for a better game each year. No gimics, no excuses. Madden used to be my game, but it's dropped the ball too many times.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:08 AM   #107
MVP

OVR: 3

I know this is a WIP but SMH @ 0:53 of the video, Force Truck Impact or whatever it's called. The guy is stationary, catches a pass and turns upfield into an oncoming defender who has momentum in his favor, and trucks the dude off his feet.

Sorry if that's old and commented on ad nauseam, but it just stood out to me as looking pretty bad.

Beyond that I'm actually kind of eager to try this out. What they've shown so far doesn't exactly wow me, but player movement has always been a big issue of mine.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:16 AM   #108
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

After watching the video a few different times. I've seen a little good and some bad. The good is that the tackles look pretty decent and the sack on the Eli looked nice as well. But the bad is that one the the speed of the game still seems way to fast for been on normal. They really need to tone down the speed some. Then second the big hits just look awful The player getting launched 5 feet in the air after been hit. So unreal. As a few people have already said. To early to say what it will look like in about month from now when E3 gets here. I know EA has a history of not getting things done right. But I'm holding out a little hope that things will look good at E3. I guess for now this is a wait and see game. I will not over react over a few clips. But I will not take the hype neither. I will hold final judgement until E3 when we get some decent video of the final product.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-29-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #109
Rookie

BLACKjersey53's Arena

OVR: 4
Those hits would make more sense for a Defender vs. Defenseless Receiver situation, not head-on, running full speed at each other. Like running into a brick wall as many of you have already said.

Would've liked to see the RB fall when Kerrigan dove into him instead of pull off a Matrix bullet dodge.

Would've also liked to see "contextual awareness" on the Marshawn Lynch run. Guess you really have to be up close to somebody for that to work.

McFadden should have faceplanted as both of his legs were caught on a defender. Notice his blocker lays a guy out, stumbles, and proceeds to lay the smackdown on another blocker as he is midair. Maybe he fell afterwards.

Just as many have already said, I'm hoping these supernatural truck animations are extremely rare. The only way that plays out in real life is where a grown man like me has to truck-stick his neighbor's kid in a pick-up game, and that's not even cool to say. In all my years of watching/playing football, Greg Jones trucking that dude from UNC is the closest I've seen to sending a guy flying. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:59 AM   #110
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Exactly and every year people like you come here and say the same old "rinse and repeat" line. If you don't believe this game is improving or changing or even going to, then why are you still coming here? The kind of change people are wanting is most likely not coming until the next gen consoles but everything that Madden 25 on 360/PS3 does right, should encourage us for the future. I know some people just want Madden to fail, but the rest of us are just wanting to see some encouraging features and additions built upon each other year after year from now on. We are wanting a true shift in the minds of the Madden dev team to provide us the quality football game we have so anxiously been waiting for.
people are just getting tired of WAITING. people like me who have dumped money on this game as well as ncaa football every single year of its existence. sure, some features look good and all but way too many core areas are just completely "off" for the amount of time these games have been around. I blame the lack of competition in the foootball gaming market for this. I mean all you have to do is look at the NBA gaming market. we had competition there and it definitely proved to be beneficial to US. EA just had to close up shop because NBA2k ran them out of the area/took them to the wood shed. from that we all got one of the BEST sports gaming series ever in nba2k. I just wonder what the case would be if the same thing happened in football gaming. WE would only benefit from "whoever" made the better game.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:17 AM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 3

If they want to impress us, how about something that looks more like the hits in Matt Elam's highlight reel? Seeing this got me really excited for the new Ravens safety, even though he usually wrapped people up. You can see the power in this hits, but he also has technique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREjDTpTedE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #112
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

First time I saw the video.

Man, I hope they were highlighting the "Impact Hit Stick".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »