Home

Madden NFL 25 Video Interview with Some Early Gameplay Shown (GotGame)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Video Interview with Some Early Gameplay Shown (GotGame) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #57
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Madden NFL 25 Video Interview with Some Early Gameplay Shown (GotGame)

Madden 25 so what does that mean?

25 years of losing their way. Stumbling around trying to listen to what a casual fan wants instead of what is really in football. There was a year when playing defense was fun. Since then it has become an all offensive game.

Let's hear about how they are actually adding in real penalties. How about seeing pass interference being called against the CPU during a game. When will weather actually play a factor? Every year they talk about it being a sim. How is Madden Football a sim just curious? Each year I buy the game and by game three I am so bored out of my mind as it feels like I have been playing the SAME GAME for 25 years where nothing works properly.

Last edited by Rules; 04-28-2013 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #58
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
But again though, you look at most of those hits and the defender is going through the player, wrapping up and going to the ground with them. Not just stoning them while they're still standing up. It would look a lot better if they at the very least went to the ground with the guy they're hitting. Even better if they wrapped them up when they hit them.
Go back again and count how many times they guy came down with his arms wrapped around the guy. Far outweigh by how many times he didn't.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #59
Rookie

carvis#15's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
@2:19----- the WWE style shoulder block knock down.

Pfffft.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsVBIJZ2f50
WWE style shoulder block tackles
pffft
so many of them in this real life highlight of big hits.
Those NFL players need to fix their tackling form and makes sure they always have their arms wrapped around the guy when they come down with him
...wait what?

Last edited by carvis#15; 04-28-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #60
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39
You would think with NFL and all the safety issues and teaching kids proper form tackling they wouldn't have the over the top trucking. I just hope it doesn't happen on every play.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 04-28-2013, 04:47 PM   #61
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
Go back again and count how many times they guy came down with his arms wrapped around the guy. Far outweigh by how many times he didn't.
Are you talking about the real NFL video or the Madden video? Because I just watched the real NFL video and it's at about 6:1 on the amount of times the defender goes down with the guy he is hitting. The Madden video has about 4-5 clips of guys just blowing up the ball-carrier without hardly being affected which was fairly common in M13 as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #62
Banned

californ14's Arena

OVR: 6

To touch a positive part of the video - around 3:43 we see two consecutive dive tackles at the runners legs; I thought those tackles looked good, and earlier in the video it is mentioned that one of the new hit stick or tackle abilities would be the dive capability, which looks to target a runners legs, which I see as a true way of getting smaller DB's tackling bigger ball carriers realistically....

I hope I am seeing and understanding the feature correctly....
Old 04-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #63
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
To touch a positive part of the video - around 3:43 we see two consecutive dive tackles at the runners legs; I thought those tackles looked good, and earlier in the video it is mentioned that one of the new hit stick or tackle abilities would be the dive capability, which looks to target a runners legs, which I see as a true way of getting smaller DB's tackling bigger ball carriers realistically....

I hope I am seeing and understanding the feature correctly....
I liked those too. I wish in the last one Polamalu would have held on down the Benson's body all the way down to his foot instead of flying off like he did but the two before that I really liked.
Old 04-28-2013, 04:58 PM   #64
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

I have my concerns too but can we at least wait til we see some real in game footage at E3 before we jump to conclusions about what Madden 25 is and is not?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »