Home

what do you think about custom playbooks in online leagues for m25?

This is a discussion on what do you think about custom playbooks in online leagues for m25? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: should custom playbooks be allowed in online SIM leagues ?
yes 18 69.23%
no 5 19.23%
im not sure right now 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #1
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4
Question what do you think about custom playbooks in online leagues for m25?

so i am curious, what are peoples thoughts on allowing custom playbooks in online leagues? i hear some valid complaints about the idea of this being an option in an online league , like people filling their books with mainly "money plays" . at same time a real coach gets to put the plays he likes in his own playbook, so it seems like people should have that option. so what are some of you guys thoughts about this issue ? should custom playbooks be allowed in SIM leagues?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: what do you think about custom playbooks in online leagues for m25?

I would love for Madden to be balanced well enough to allow for it in the leagues I'm in, but sadly that won't happen.

Every year there are a handful of formations or plays or schemes that are just better than the rest, and if you allowed full custom playbooks with no rules in terms of what can be in them, it'd be very annoying to play with / against in a sim league.

I can see it now with every play consisting of nothing but draws, counters, and stretch plays. Then nothing but compressed sets / other highly used passing formations / plays.

Just a headache that I don't want to deal with in my leagues, since we are big on play variety and it is hard enough getting people to do that with normal, unmodified playbooks.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6

Yes.

If the league is full of sim owners it shouldn't be an issue.

Just boot any hidden cheesers who abuse it.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
Yes.

If the league is full of sim owners it shouldn't be an issue.

Just boot any hidden cheesers who abuse it.
well , i mean , that sounds good. However how could you tell someone was abusing it?just seems alittle harder to actually prove that , than you make it sound to me.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: what do you think about custom playbooks in online leagues for m25?

The older I get the more strongly I feel that when it comes to SIM leagues you should do less rule making when possible and more correcting behavior. Institute a complaint form for your league if you need to so you can track who complians, what they complain about, and who they complain about.

Boot the problems. Allow your sim owners to enjoy the full options that the game gives you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2013, 11:00 AM   #6
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Sure why not, but also bring in some of the scouting elements, and on the website for the game have it list the playbooks used for a game. Taking that a step further (but it's a slippery slope) could either make the playbook browsable, or perhaps only display any plays that were called or audibled to over a certain threshold as a kind of scouting mechanism. Xyz play called 4 times, audibled to 14 times... allows for some policing opportunities.

Generally don't bother wish custom playbooks or have to deal with others using them myself, so /shrug otherwise.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:18 AM   #7

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roll2tide
The older I get the more strongly I feel that when it comes to SIM leagues you should do less rule making when possible and more correcting behavior. Institute a complaint form for your league if you need to so you can track who complians, what they complain about, and who they complain about.

Boot the problems. Allow your sim owners to enjoy the full options that the game gives you.
Well said. Been saying it for years all these rules sim leagues come up with actually make the game not sim.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #8
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Well said. Been saying it for years all these rules sim leagues come up with actually make the game not sim.
if there want so many ai problems with the game, there wouldnt be a need for so many rules in sim leagues. alot of things are much easier said than done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »