Home

lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide

This is a discussion on lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2014, 11:08 PM   #721
Rookie

beastmode2013's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide

Bellamy is an absolute steal in Round 3.

edit - sorry wrong class. if you need a TE, there is a better one next year in round 3 lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2014, 12:37 AM   #722
Rookie

strife1013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode2013
Bellamy is an absolute steal in Round 3.

edit - sorry wrong class. if you need a TE, there is a better one next year in round 3 lol
Looks like Ballamy has good stats. Whys the other guy better?
Old 04-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #723
Rookie

I have a problem that needs solving. In my Browns CFM, I got Kody Barnish 1st overall and Parker Calhoun in the 3rd round and I am just torn between them. Barnish has 98 throw power, 92 short acc and 88 med acc as well as 76 speed, while Calhoun has 85 short acc, 82 med acc and 80 deep acc as well as speed ratings all in the 90s, though his throw power is really weak (only 81). Does anyone have a recommendation? I need answers fast.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:37 PM   #724
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattSacramento
I have a problem that needs solving. In my Browns CFM, I got Kody Barnish 1st overall and Parker Calhoun in the 3rd round and I am just torn between them. Barnish has 98 throw power, 92 short acc and 88 med acc as well as 76 speed, while Calhoun has 85 short acc, 82 med acc and 80 deep acc as well as speed ratings all in the 90s, though his throw power is really weak (only 81). Does anyone have a recommendation? I need answers fast.
Calhoun is the starting QB on my Browns squad, he's pretty fun to play with and he develops quickly. He's better suited for a West Coast offense which is going to use more short to intermediate throws. His arm strength isn't good but I really haven't had too much of a problem throwing deep with him but I pick my spots. He's mobile so he has that extra dimension of being able to run if a play breaks down, but his injury rating is like a 77. So he's getting hurt if he takes too many hits, he's fun but risky, you have to be careful with him. I use the Redskins PB which has a ton of read option in it, you will get him killed if you over do it.

So it really comes down to your style of play. Barnish seems like the ideal QB if you just want to drop back and throw it all over the field. I had to #1 pick so I had to make the same choice myself. I took Calhoun just because I thought he'd be more fun for me.

Last edited by Goldin Brown; 04-28-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #725
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by josefrees
Newkirk:

RB Moorehouse (probably the second best RB behind Parker--maybe better and probably makes the best WR in the game.
Everybody talks about Parker, but I am on the Ben Bones draft (Don Merrigan QB) and have 2 Top 10 picks and am considering either trading up to take Bones at 1 or 2 or taking Merrigan at 5?
I think the better talent might be Bones, but they are both Star development, and I really need a QB, the one I got can't make consistent throws anywhere on the field.
Does anyone know anything about Merrigan or Bones?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2014, 10:33 AM   #726
Just started!

I have Adam Braithwaite draft and I have 4 1st rounders and 5 2nd rounders. I'm kinda thinking this isn't the best of drafts, and only see one guy I really one(immanuel Alva). Are there really good players in this draft that I'm missing, or should I trade my 1st round picks for next year 1st round picks?
Old 05-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #727
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiplsy
I have Adam Braithwaite draft and I have 4 1st rounders and 5 2nd rounders. I'm kinda thinking this isn't the best of drafts, and only see one guy I really one(immanuel Alva). Are there really good players in this draft that I'm missing, or should I trade my 1st round picks for next year 1st round picks?
One of the highlights of the Braithwaite class is a high amount of 80+ SPD offensive linemen:

LT David Grayson
6'6" / 294 lbs
85 SPD / 85 ACC / 90 STR
1ST ROUND

LG Curry Traylor
6'4" / 289 lbs
88 SPD / 85 ACC / 84 STR
74 AGI
1ST ROUND

RG Tanner Olson
6'3" / 285 lbs
82 SPD / 85 ACC / 80 STR
76 AGI
high blocking stats?
2ND ROUND

RT Gabriel Torwudzo
6'7" / 339 lbs
80 SPD / 72 ACC / 89 STR
76 AGI
2ND ROUND

HB Keith Taimani isn't too shabby either, with 92 STR, 86 TRK, and 90 ELU. I like to call him the Tazmanian Devil.

HB Keith Taimani
5'9" / 224 lbs
91 SPD / 94 ACC
92 STR / 86 TRK
90 ELU
1ST ROUND
Old 05-02-2014, 07:13 AM   #728
Rookie

wwhickok's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsean63
Hey lotus, what are your impressions of the classes you've ran across so far? In the ones I've scouted and drafted it looks like an abundance of fast but weak DT, slow linebackers (I've yet to encounter a solid all around backer), slow corners, super slow safeties, and slow TE.. just curious what you think in comparison to last years classes
I agree that it is difficult to find a solid linebacker but some exist. The DT's suck for the most part. Some of these late round DE's actually turn out to be really good, but no matter how much you jack up their ratings in player progression, their overall barely moves (I'm guessing this is a speed/str issue).

Dezrick Carr, Tight End, in the Ryen Irwin draft I believe, is absolutely the best TE I've come across thus far. Dude is a beast, I've used him in 4 seasons now, he has compiled 1500 yards and at least 12 TDs per season. In just 1 season he went from an 80 something overall to a 97. Granted he seems to be stuck there now, but he's only been injured one time. I sort of assume this is for the lack of horse collar and helmet to helmet penalties though considering he was injured on what would be a helmet to helmet irl that broke his jaw.

Overall, I think there was more quality be found in last years classes, this year it's tougher to build an elite team, I'm not sure I mind that so much though.

I'm a Steeler fan but I rarely use them because I like to try to rebuild from scratch and I have too strong of an appreciation for how Pittsburgh builds their team to rip them apart, plus, being a fan, I don't want to ever get rid of anyone.
So I usually pick the Jaguars, Raiders, or Bills or something like that, the crappiest team I can, trade everyone good from the get go (other than their newest rookies usually) and start rebuilding them, which generally happens after securing the 1st round pick

Last edited by wwhickok; 05-05-2014 at 07:17 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »