Home

lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide

This is a discussion on lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2014, 09:38 AM   #753
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: lotusfather's Madden 25 Draft Guide

A 3-4 Versatile is a player that can play all over the front 7. He can even move into a DT position in nickel or dime situations (passing situations). It's an awesome weapon to have if you run a 3-4 defense. I prefer the 4-3 personally as I don't like blitzing very much.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:26 PM   #754
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtaind
Could someone explain to me what 3-4 versatile means? Can these DEs play all along the line or also as outside linebackers or both depending? I can't find a decent 3-4 pass rusher in the first few drafts for my life. Also is Sanchez Merchant big enough to play pass rushing OLB?
Hope that answered your question.
Old 06-11-2014, 03:43 PM   #755
Just started!

Has anyone ever seen RE Malaki Paris? He was a story driven character in the Mattito Young draft for me. 1st rounder started with a 80 I believe.

I just have not seen that name ever pop up before and found it strange.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2014, 06:18 AM   #756
MVP

OVR: 1

merchant is a cover 2 olb iirc, he doesnt do much when ive faced him
Old 06-16-2014, 02:49 PM   #757
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtaind
I can't find a decent 3-4 pass rusher in the first few drafts for my life. Also is Sanchez Merchant big enough to play pass rushing OLB?
I usually move Merchant to ILB when running a 3-4, his speed alone though is enough to overcome his small stature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gossamer211
Has anyone ever seen RE Malaki Paris? He was a story driven character in the Mattito Young draft for me. 1st rounder started with a 80 I believe.

I just have not seen that name ever pop up before and found it strange.
Made me think I had missed a guy for a second there, anyways, Paris originates in the Neil Stone Draft, so unless he stays in school for some reason he shouldn't be in the Mattitio Young Draft. As for why he hasn't been mentioned, likely its because he just isn't very special. He isn't overly fast, doesn't have great size, his starting overalls are decent nothing to shout about. Just looking in his own class there are eight players who are at least as good if not better. And if he is in the M.Young draft there are ten players I see who are the same, as good and better.
Old 07-13-2014, 10:08 PM   #758
Rookie

If I remember, Santez Merchant is that fast linebacker whose main downside is that he starts out with low Hit Power.

Santez Merchant
5'11" / 237 lbs
90 SPD / 94 ACC
87 STR / 66 HPW <------------- this
69 AGI / 76 JMP

96 INJ

66 MCV / 75 ZCV

Note, I'm not sure how accurate those Man and Zone Coverage stats are, since I Googled all those stats from DaddyLeagues. But the other stats should be accurate.

He's clearly in the top percentile of fast linebackers in these draft classes, but that kind of defines him. He's fast, but not great at coverage or forcing fumbles - those are things you'll have to use your XP to upgrade. He can develop into an Elite linebacker by rounding out his deficiencies with XP, but he's never going to get any taller than 5'11" or likely boost his Jump stat up from 76 either. His Agility stat also would ideally match his high physical abilities.

My own preference, when starting new CFMs and overhauling my defense, is to first figure out what you've got to pair them with. If you have a bunch of slow guys and one fast guy (Merchant), I'd put him at MLB so he's in the center of the field and thus can maximize his best trait (his Speed), to help chase down the ball carrier no matter which side of the field the play is to.

Alternatively, if you have a bunch of fast guys and one slow guy, I usually put the slow guy in the middle of the field so that he has to run a shorter distance to make the play. Heck, I usually just try to call plays that let the slow guy just sit in the middle of the field and smash offensive players that come within range of him. Usually the slow guys are big hitter types, so this strategy works pretty well. If he's slow and also not a big hitter type, I mean, WTF is he doing on your roster, yeah?
Old 07-22-2014, 04:01 AM   #759
Rookie

ednaaard's Arena

Any recommendations for the Craig McEwan draft?

Thanks for the guide, superb work!
Old 07-22-2014, 09:58 PM   #760
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednaaard
Any recommendations for the Craig McEwan draft?

Thanks for the guide, superb work!
Yeah, but to shorten up the post some what are you after? Position wise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »