Home

Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2013, 08:16 PM   #97
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next-Gen Presentation Trailer (Official)

So, reading between the lines on the "Cloth" aspect. It seems like Jerseys will NOT move in Madden next gen, but only the hair and towels. Kind of a let down, as they move in current gen already.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:17 PM   #98
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

This. I'm laughing out loud, literally! Shall we talk signature animations, player movement? Where do we start? The only thing that would've tickled me more would have been if the comment was about"The Show" being stale. You tweak what isn't broken. You reinvent what is hopelessly broken. Sad thing is, I used to get on here and always say,"hey Fifa's got this tech, how would this work in Madden?" They got all of the tech which was developed by the Fifa team and can't make it work with Madden. Sound is bad. Player movement is worse than sound. Atmosphere.... well, what atmosphere? I was tempted to jump on the "hey, better get NCAA, it's the last one" train. But I can't even get past watching a gameplay video. No hype left here. I got NCAA13 for $25 off of Amazon, it's still in the shrink wrap and cardboard. No joke.

This game has been really bad, in comparison to every other major sports title for a while now. I love football, and was really hoping to be blown away with this vid. One juke and it was the same old feeling. It takes more than visuals to impress me. I stare at a super detailed version of Fifa and NBA2k on my PC everyday. And I'm not thinking that this new chip is going to even come close to my PC right now this whole gen. I have twice the chip (i7 3770-k), 16GB of RAM and a monster graphics card that costs as much as an XBOX1. Why should I spend more to come back to a console game system? They have a lot of work to do to impress me and my wallet...... This video didn't come close.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #99
Rookie

Some of you guys are just ridiculous. You want EA to just flat out feature dump all in one shot. And because they actually have a marketing plan like every other developer you rip them for not showing every darn thing in 1 trailer. So stupid.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #100
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

The running does look better. I went back and looked at the players and blockers and I think it's cool the the helmet moves with the contact. This def looks like added physics. I've seen this with the blocker on the Ravens run and the buccaneers run.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #101
Banned

OVR: 12

Much better...Not sure what people expect graphically but this is the best the game has ever looked...animation and gameplay-wise you will never really be able to tell unless you play the game...You trailer officials kill me...Chill the eff out and let the info slide in...next Gen will be just fine.

Like someone said earlier the visual jump from Ps1 to Ps2 will never be achieved again because of the current levels of detail and quality...What I truly expect fro m next gen is more refined gameplay, presentation and smoother transitioning animations...lets go!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2013, 08:22 PM   #102
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
NBA2k current gen has proven itself to be a solid game when it comes to gameplay...Madden hasnt. It doesnt deserve the benefit of the doubt that 2k gets. When The Show starts showing next gen clips, it will get the same benefit of the doubt.

couldn't have said it better myself. We/I know 2k is gonna give us a great game of basketball to play. Madden on the other hand is gonna have to go above and beyond to impress me with trailers and sizzle. Unfortunately so far im not really digging what im seeing. I don't really get why they haven't adjusted the player models at all from what im seeing I mean if visual upgrades are going to be a big part of this leap to next gen as they are pushing in this trailer why just slap a new coat of paint on player models? Why not try and make them look more life-like and less cartoonish. Helmets and grass look good though. But I dont see why they didn't look good on this gen. It cant be that difficult to render a nice shiny helmet. Player movement in this video looked sadly eerily similar to current generation. They look robotic and anything but smooth. IMO NOT the way to start a new generation. Gameplay will be the most important thing BUT player movement IS part of gameplay.

Still no word of a CUSTOM CAMERA angle to play on either which is rather upsetting. I hope EA is gonna force us to play at their fixed crappy angles for 10 more years.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #103
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
This. I'm laughing out loud, literally! Shall we talk signature animations, player movement? Where do we start? The only thing that would've tickled me more would have been if the comment was about"The Show" being stale. You tweak what isn't broken. You reinvent what is hopelessly broken. Sad thing is, I used to get on here and always say,"hey Fifa's got this tech, how would this work in Madden?" They got all of the tech which was developed by the Fifa team and can't make it work with Madden. Sound is bad. Player movement is worse than sound. Atmosphere.... well, what atmosphere? I was tempted to jump on the "hey, better get NCAA, it's the last one" train. But I can't even get past watching a gameplay video. No hype left here. I got NCAA13 for $25 off of Amazon, it's still in the shrink wrap and cardboard. No joke.

This game has been really bad, in comparison to every other major sports title for a while now. I love football, and was really hoping to be blown away with this vid. One juke and it was the same old feeling. It takes more than visuals to impress me. I stare at a super detailed version of Fifa and NBA2k on my PC everyday. And I'm not thinking that this new chip is going to even come close to my PC right now this whole gen. I have twice the chip (i7 3770-k), 16GB of RAM and a monster graphics card that costs as much as an XBOX1. Why should I spend more to come back to a console game system? They have a lot of work to do to impress me and my wallet...... This video didn't come close.
Ahh the ol PC gamer complaint. Dude no one cares that you play on a PC. This game isn meant to graphically blow away the PC gamer. Everyone who knows anything knows that a great PC will always outshine these consoles. What did you expect?
Old 09-30-2013, 08:29 PM   #104
Rookie

Loving the 49er pics! Their helmets are their actual gold helmets!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »