Home

Four More Madden NFL 25 Screenshots (Next-Gen)

This is a discussion on Four More Madden NFL 25 Screenshots (Next-Gen) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #105
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Four More Madden NFL 25 Screenshots (Next-Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Player models are far from spot on. They are disproportionate.

A human being is approximately 6-7 head lengths tall. Madden player models are lucky to be 5 heads tall. I don't care if they are in a helmet, the proportions are off and they always have been.

The legacy of Madden player models has pretty much always been, and, unfortunately, continues to be:

Big heads
Skinny bodies (just look at the Marshawn lynch photos for a quick example, though there are many)
Kung-Fu chop hands
Marionette limbs, that MUST remain at perfect right angles almost at all times

This is Madden. They can make the player models out of infinity times infinity polygons, and it won't change the fact that they are extremely detailed, yet disproportionate avatars.

Other than that, they're great
All of this AND:

Player body types are not distinguished from each other except for whether they are muscly (defined) or not.

Back on madden 03 you could select how much of their body mass was composed of moving fat parts or muscle bulk. You could create skinny WRs or fat FBs, create a bulky Ben Roethlisberger, a lean DE like Dion Jordan etc.

So not only are they misproportioned but with too little variety in body types.

Add all these factors onto only having what, 8 different skin tones and a lack of accessories and you get generic, nicely pixelated, generic looking players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2013, 01:52 PM   #106
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by royounggoku
If you told me this was current gen I would believe you

On the other hand if you told me this was

fair enough...BUT how would you improve that player model...what is not proportionate or not right?
Old 10-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #107
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Player models are far from spot on. They are disproportionate.

A human being is approximately 6-7 head lengths tall. Madden player models are lucky to be 5 heads tall. I don't care if they are in a helmet, the proportions are off and they always have been.

The legacy of Madden player models has pretty much always been, and, unfortunately, continues to be:

Big heads
Skinny bodies (just look at the Marshawn lynch photos for a quick example, though there are many)
Kung-Fu chop hands
Marionette limbs, that MUST remain at perfect right angles almost at all times

This is Madden. They can make the player models out of infinity times infinity polygons, and it won't change the fact that they are extremely detailed, yet disproportionate avatars.

Other than that, they're great
I dunno...I don't see all those problems...IMO graphics are one of the last things Madden has a problem with.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #108
MVP

MrSerendipity's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
fair enough...BUT how would you improve that player model...what is not proportionate or not right?
It's the same player model used for every other bulky receiver and/or cornerback in Madden. All they really do is adjust size, height and throw a face on the character if he's famous enough.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #109
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat swag
I dunno...I don't see all those problems...IMO graphics are one of the last things Madden has a problem with.
I hear you. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I don't mean that in an insulting or snarky way either. I just mean that some aspects of graphics, like any other art form, are subjective.

What isn't subjective though are basic anatomy, which Tiburon fails at. Look at a player model standing still even, like during the uniform selection process before you start a game and count how many heads tall the player model is. There are some, like David Wilson and other short players, that are even more egregious.

The skinniness of players is another issue. Look at the size of the player's waists. Look at highly recognizable players like a Lynch and compare their real life self to the size of their Madden counterpart.

I just don't understand how they fail at basic anatomy that is taught the first day in every art class. Unless you are a child or suffer from dwarfism, there is no reason for the heads to be this size in the game, or for them to use the same size head on a person who is 5'9" as they do on someone that is 6'7".
Old 10-04-2013, 09:27 PM   #110
Pro

OVR: 2

Graphics were never the problem for EA sports games. Go to the NCAA forum and go to the thread that says the photographic side of NCAA 15. The pictures there are beautiful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (154.3 KB, 84 views)
Old 10-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #111
Rookie

OVR: 0
Gamers: I wouldn't expect a whole lot for the "Next Gen" sports games this year. The game producers have not had enough time to work with the new consoles' power and graphics engine. They are basically just importing current gen info but tweaking here and there. Also will add that both systems were yet to have a final console build on what gets shipped come November. From what I've read, game producers are developing the games from an early console build. XBOX 1 did increase their chip processor to compete with PS4's. I don't know if the game producers are using that increased power or not. That's one reason why we have yet to see more next-gen videos of Madden, NBA 2K, and LIVE 14. The producers are working with some limits for the first year next gen, so just keep that in mind. I do think LIVE 14 will be the freshest bb sim out there. Definitely will give that one a run. Kind of tired of 2K series, honestly. Very sad about NCAA college football not coming to next gen,
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2013, 02:34 PM   #112
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtucker710
Gamers: I wouldn't expect a whole lot for the "Next Gen" sports games this year. The game producers have not had enough time to work with the new consoles' power and graphics engine. They are basically just importing current gen info but tweaking here and there. Also will add that both systems were yet to have a final console build on what gets shipped come November. From what I've read, game producers are developing the games from an early console build. XBOX 1 did increase their chip processor to compete with PS4's. I don't know if the game producers are using that increased power or not. That's one reason why we have yet to see more next-gen videos of Madden, NBA 2K, and LIVE 14. The producers are working with some limits for the first year next gen, so just keep that in mind. I do think LIVE 14 will be the freshest bb sim out there. Definitely will give that one a run. Kind of tired of 2K series, honestly. Very sad about NCAA college football not coming to next gen,
EA said they worked on Madden for 2 years. If all the can give us in 2 years is a slight improvement and a port then we are doomed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »