Home

Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - IGNITE Technology & Next-Gen Visuals (QJB)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - IGNITE Technology & Next-Gen Visuals (QJB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 11-03-2013, 01:16 AM   #161
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Next Gen Video - IGNITE Technology & Next-Gen Visuals (QJB)

There's no point anymore. The game is a joke and will remain a joke. No offense to anyone who can enjoy the game.. But it is made for people with simple minds. It's a child's game. After watching that video, there is no way EA is serious about creating a sim game. Do they not see how other sports games market their products?

Look on facebook.. look at the comments for their game
"oh man da people saying madden is garbage prolly jus suck at madden. 2k always sucked..." yada yada. they have their market to sell to. The NFL doesn't care what market buys it. Just that SOMEONE buys it. Lets all appreciate that the nba and mlb have realistic representations of their own sports and move on. This will never change. It feels like 2006 all over again except this time there are more game modes for the gameplay to look terrible in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 01:18 AM   #162
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetpac
Lead developer on this game has already stated he doesn't play NBA 2K... Thus he has NO idea with a Sim game is...

Hell dude even thought My Player was just Superstar mode with better presentation ...

Sad.
Rex is a former college defensive lineman, Cam Weber was a QB and Clint Oldenburg is a former NFL offensive lineman. I think these guys know what football is about. They're trying to make a game based off of real football. What they're doing or trying to do has never been done before to the level they're wanting. We've never had former football guys be the leadership team for a football video game like this. These guys know football they don't have to know about Superstar or my player, they know the X's and O's of the game of football.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #163
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
You guys come across as a bunch of entitled spoiled brats. It doesn't look THAT bad compared to the state of the game 2-3 years ago.
LOL, we have had 9 years of misery with this game, we are far from spoiled. Spoiled would be trashing NBA 2K or an MLB The Show game for one of the flaws in the game. Big difference.

I'm largely happy with those games, so I don't complain about them because it's obvious those devs are trying AND are talented and show pride in the product. This situation is totally different, totally, entirely, different.

The best you can muster is it doesn't look that bad??

We're spoiled brats complaining about the quality of a game that by your own admission "doesn't look that bad"? Not much of a defense. I guess after 9 years on a desert island Rosie O'Donnell wouldn't look that bad either.

Nothing personal friend, if you like the game good for you. The game gets more grief here because it's more of a hardcore sim crowd. Most Madden videos on YouTube have a very high thumbs up ratio, it's popular with a certain crowd. Just not as popular here.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:20 AM   #164
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
There's no point anymore. The game is a joke and will remain a joke. No offense to anyone who can enjoy the game.. But it is made for people with simple minds. It's a child's game. After watching that video, there is no way EA is serious about creating a sim game. Do they not see how other sports games market their products?

Look on facebook.. look at the comments for their game
"oh man da people saying madden is garbage prolly jus suck at madden. 2k always sucked..." yada yada. they have their market to sell to. The NFL doesn't care what market buys it. Just that SOMEONE buys it. Lets all appreciate that the nba and mlb have realistic representations of their own sports and move on. This will never change. It feels like 2006 all over again except this time there are more game modes for the gameplay to look terrible in.
Comments like this are beyond me. You have no idea where this game is headed and to a degree neither do I, but you can't sit here and say its a joke and always will be. The negativity of the Madden threads lately is sickening.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #165
Banned

TheBuddyHobbs's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Comments like this are beyond me. You have no idea where this game is headed and to a degree neither do I, but you can't sit here and say its a joke and always will be. The negativity of the Madden threads lately is sickening.
You were agreeing with us for a couple days just a couple weeks ago... SMH...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #166
Banned

tfer717's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuddyHobbs
You were agreeing with us for a couple days just a couple weeks ago... SMH...
dr jekyll and mr hyde. His optimism is BEYOND me.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #167
Banned

OVR: 10

I swear EA are the masters of the bait and switch. Where are those animations from the E3 trailer?

Maddens problem with game play is that it just isn't organic at all. The whole allure of football and sports in general is that any moment can be a wow moment. In madden you know what animations will play out and what the out come of the play will be soon after the ball is snapped. Everything about madden madden from the marketing down to the gameplay is to scripted.
Old 11-03-2013, 01:25 AM   #168
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Rex is a former college defensive lineman, Cam Weber was a QB and Clint Oldenburg is a former NFL offensive lineman. I think these guys know what football is about. They're trying to make a game based off of real football. What they're doing or trying to do has never been done before to the level they're wanting. We've never had former football guys be the leadership team for a football video game like this. These guys know football they don't have to know about Superstar or my player, they know the X's and O's of the game of football.
And what did I say when Clint Oldenburg was hired? It doesn't matter unless he is CODING THE GAME.

You know who has been working on the game for a long time? A guy called JOHN MADDEN!! Guy knows his football too. Forgot more about X's and O's than we will ever know. You're trying way, way, way, way, way, too hard.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »