Home

Madden 15 360 Q&A

This is a discussion on Madden 15 360 Q&A within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #441
Pro

blueprint 10.0's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden 15 360 Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjallure24
Are auto subs working this year?
It appears to be working
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2014, 10:10 PM   #442
Just started!

OVR: 0

Has anyone created a player development guide this year?
Old 09-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #443
Just started!

Re: Madden 25 vs Madden 15

Before I go out and buy M15 for ps3 I'm wondering if you can tell me if EA has changed a few things that irritate me about M25. I mainly play Franchise.

Can you edit a player's position out of WR? For Example: drafting a huge WR and changing his position to TE. Or if I want to change a WR to RB

Has upgrading a players skills with XP been changed where you don't have to sit for an hour to select the upgrades 1-by-1?

When scouting college players, does it show their 40 times, Vert jump, etc. or do they still hide that info from the user?

When you intercept the ball and the camera turns, does your defender still move the wrong way that kills your momentum or did they fix that?
Old 09-12-2014, 07:37 AM   #444
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashkobra
Before I go out and buy M15 for ps3 I'm wondering if you can tell me if EA has changed a few things that irritate me about M25. I mainly play Franchise.

When scouting college players, does it show their 40 times, Vert jump, etc. or do they still hide that info from the user?
I would also like to know this. NFL coaches and scouts not having the 40-times, vertical jump and so on is so unrealistic it's not even funny. Would also like to know how the scouting works in general; is it still the 'buy information with xp points' (which we all know scouts do in real life...) or have they finally switched to something that makes sense?

I have some more questions about the franchise connected owner career mode-thingy I hope someone could answer before I buy Madden 15:

1. Contracts: Are you still limited to one contract model, basically the one where you have to pay the same amount of bonus money every single year while the salary is increased or can you negotiate salary and guaranteed money separately and only guarantee money for the first 1 or 2 years in lets say a 4-year deal? I think only the Cowboys and the Steelers still hold on to the Madden contract model while every other team has switched from it because it's terrible...

2. Undrafted Free Agents: I remember them being in Madden 12 I think it was, but although being a nice addition, it was almost completely useless. You just ended up cutting them all anyway. Are UFA's still in the game and have this feature been improved somewhat? Can you decide which UFA's you invited to your training camp or is it still just randomly generated players you've never heard of? And if they are just random players, is there a way during preseason where you can test and see if they are any good? Can you actually find a useful player among them?

3. Can you create a team or is it just relocation? Can you relocate before the first season kicks off?

In advance, thanks a lot
Old 09-12-2014, 08:20 AM   #445
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubaSimulator
I would also like to know this. NFL coaches and scouts not having the 40-times, vertical jump and so on is so unrealistic it's not even funny. Would also like to know how the scouting works in general; is it still the 'buy information with xp points' (which we all know scouts do in real life...) or have they finally switched to something that makes sense?

I have some more questions about the franchise connected owner career mode-thingy I hope someone could answer before I buy Madden 15:

1. Contracts: Are you still limited to one contract model, basically the one where you have to pay the same amount of bonus money every single year while the salary is increased or can you negotiate salary and guaranteed money separately and only guarantee money for the first 1 or 2 years in lets say a 4-year deal? I think only the Cowboys and the Steelers still hold on to the Madden contract model while every other team has switched from it because it's terrible...

2. Undrafted Free Agents: I remember them being in Madden 12 I think it was, but although being a nice addition, it was almost completely useless. You just ended up cutting them all anyway. Are UFA's still in the game and have this feature been improved somewhat? Can you decide which UFA's you invited to your training camp or is it still just randomly generated players you've never heard of? And if they are just random players, is there a way during preseason where you can test and see if they are any good? Can you actually find a useful player among them?

3. Can you create a team or is it just relocation? Can you relocate before the first season kicks off?

In advance, thanks a lot
I am early into my franchise and haven't even scouted yet but I can give some basic answers to these questions.

The scouting format has stayed the same. That means no 40 times or any combine numbers. You have to spend points to scout all that stuff which I agree is annoying. The scouting points themselves have changed. The overall points you have for scouting has dropped tremendously. Instead of getting 2000 points per week I now get 90!! It's crazy low. But attributes to scout like speed are relatively cheap as well. Many are 10 points with some being only 5. For RBs I know speed was only 10 and the blocking attributes for OL were only 10 as well so that does let you scout the individual stuff easier I think (hard to remember). But overalls are MUCH harder to get as the letter grade is 500! So they really pushed you into evaluating traits rather than overall this year.

2. Contracts are the same. No front or backloading contracts. It's a base salary per year plus bonus per year structure.

3. Not sure about the UDFAs or relocation. Sorry.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2014, 11:41 AM   #446
Rookie

tubaSimulator's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I am early into my franchise and haven't even scouted yet but I can give some basic answers to these questions.

The scouting format has stayed the same. That means no 40 times or any combine numbers. You have to spend points to scout all that stuff which I agree is annoying. The scouting points themselves have changed. The overall points you have for scouting has dropped tremendously. Instead of getting 2000 points per week I now get 90!! It's crazy low. But attributes to scout like speed are relatively cheap as well. Many are 10 points with some being only 5. For RBs I know speed was only 10 and the blocking attributes for OL were only 10 as well so that does let you scout the individual stuff easier I think (hard to remember). But overalls are MUCH harder to get as the letter grade is 500! So they really pushed you into evaluating traits rather than overall this year.

2. Contracts are the same. No front or backloading contracts. It's a base salary per year plus bonus per year structure.

3. Not sure about the UDFAs or relocation. Sorry.
Thanks for the info!

Too bad the scouting is still as bad. I recently played Madden 07 and the scouting and the draft was as good as I've seen in any Madden game. You had a scouting report with the 40-yard dash time, vertical leap and so on plus a quick run down on the player's strengths and weaknesses. And it was difficult to draft overly well. I mean, in Madden 13 I simulated two season; went 4-12 with the Cleveland Browns the first year, drafted 10 players who all turned out to be starters and won the Super Bowl the next year. And threw the game away shortly thereafter... EA - changing what works into something that doesn't.
Old 09-12-2014, 03:31 PM   #447
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
You would have to do 32 team control.
How do you do this?
Old 09-20-2014, 12:20 AM   #448
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
Showboating to the endzone, How do you do it? It's says L2 or x but all I get is the stiff arm animation. Am I an idiot or does it not work?
For 360 it says to hold LT and A (stiff arm button)

Haven't tried it yet. I know in Madden 25 it was near impossible to do it yourself but if u had a guy catch a pass and the let the cpu run it in to the endzone it would automatically do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »