Home

Tackling glitch

This is a discussion on Tackling glitch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Tackling glitch

I sure hope they plan to patch this game killer. The defender (I see it most often with safeties - yours or the CPU's) will take a good angle on the ball carrier but then just when contact should be made and the tackle animation triggered, they will stop, squat, and run off in a different direction. Thus allowing a lot of extra yardage and, in most cases, a score.

I used to think it only happened when near the sideline, but after watching some more replays, I see it happens all over the field. There are some games where it doesn't happen, others I will see it several times. I like to play using the no switch rule, but now I have to change it up or these kind of plays will go on unabated. Since I'm not used to switching, I often miss the tackle with my defender anyway, yielding the same result.

I hear EA says the sack issue is too complex to fix with a patch, but hopefully they can get their heads around this one. I reported it in the bug and glitch thread. I am a bit surprised I have not heard more talk of this problem on the forum.

Anyone else seeing this issue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #2
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Tackling glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I sure hope they plan to patch this game killer. The defender (I see it most often with safeties - yours or the CPU's) will take a good angle on the ball carrier but then just when contact should be made and the tackle animation triggered, they will stop, squat, and run off in a different direction. Thus allowing a lot of extra yardage and, in most cases, a score.

I used to think it only happened when near the sideline, but after watching some more replays, I see it happens all over the field. There are some games where it doesn't happen, others I will see it several times. I like to play using the no switch rule, but now I have to change it up or these kind of plays will go on unabated. Since I'm not used to switching, I often miss the tackle with my defender anyway, yielding the same result.

I hear EA says the sack issue is too complex to fix with a patch, but hopefully they can get their heads around this one. I reported it in the bug and glitch thread. I am a bit surprised I have not heard more talk of this problem on the forum.

This issue has been in the game at least since madden 25 (didnt really play a lot of 13 so cant remember)
Old 10-14-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
This issue has been in the game at least since madden 25 (didnt really play a lot of 13 so cant remember)

Hmmm...played a good bit of M25 and never saw it there.
Old 10-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #4
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Sturz...what sliders are you using? I've seen this as well, think it has to do with pursuit penalty sliders (kr/pr int, rtk).
Old 10-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #5
MVP

lisinas's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Hmmm...played a good bit of M25 and never saw it there.
Im still playing madden 25 on daily basis and it happens every game
However i think tamburo might be on to something
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2014, 04:02 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamburo22
Sturz...what sliders are you using? I've seen this as well, think it has to do with pursuit penalty sliders (kr/pr int, rtk).

I have my own custom set I have been using on all-madden. I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure PCI is 40 and RTK is at 50.

What have you discovered with these in relation to the issue?
Old 10-15-2014, 01:10 PM   #7
Rookie

tamburo22's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I have my own custom set I have been using on all-madden. I'd have to double check but I'm pretty sure PCI is 40 and RTK is at 50.

What have you discovered with these in relation to the issue?
From what I can tell, the lower that you set those two, the more aggressive they are in their pursuit. The defenders take an aggressive angle to the ball carrier, and then readjust right when they get there, causing them to stop and take a different angle. I haven't messed with PCI much, but raising RTK causes the defense to take a more "cautious" angle. Setting it at 60 has worked well for me.
Old 10-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamburo22
From what I can tell, the lower that you set those two, the more aggressive they are in their pursuit. The defenders take an aggressive angle to the ball carrier, and then readjust right when they get there, causing them to stop and take a different angle. I haven't messed with PCI much, but raising RTK causes the defense to take a more "cautious" angle. Setting it at 60 has worked well for me.
Are you not seeing the issue at all using those settings?

I knew how these affected hustle to the ball, swarming, etc. but never thought about it in terms of pursuit angles.

I will give it a shot. I am at 50 RTK now, so only ten more, but maybe it's the magic number. Thanks for your input.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 10-15-2014 at 08:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »