Home

Operation Sports to Demo Major League Baseball 2K8 Tomorrow

This is a discussion on Operation Sports to Demo Major League Baseball 2K8 Tomorrow within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2008, 06:43 AM   #49
Pro

Foo4Everlong's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Operation Sports to Demo Major League Baseball 2K8 Tomorrow

Questions:

1. When playing the computer/AI and the AI goes down in the count 3-0, will the pitcher throw the next pitch right down the middle of the plate? That was something extremely annoying last year, you could always count on that 3-0 pitch going right down the middle of the plate. Was it changed for this year?

2. There has been a lot done to improve the gameplay this year, which is a well needed upgrade, but because of the upgraded gameplay did the presentation take a hit? From what I've seen on the internet with gameplay videos it looks as if the stadiums haven't changed much from last year (except that the advertisements seem to have changed) as well as the crowd and the field itself. So basically did the overall presentation of the game not have much improvement from the last two years? Realistically, from year to year, stadiums usually go through quite a bit of changes, but like I said from the videos I've seen, everything appears to look exactly the same as last year and the year before.

3. Is there any way we can get a specific date or day when we might finally get the demo for ourselves???? I was really hoping that we might have the chance to get use to the new pitching/hitting contols before the game came out, but day after day that goes by it's starting to feel like we won't see the demo at all before the official release, or if we do get it, it might be the day before. Bummer.

4. This might be something that could be answer very easily. If you get a chance to play at Fenway please notice whether the crowd is sitting on red seats (ala last year 2K7), cuz the pictures and videos that I have seen on gamespot, it appears that the crowd behind home plate looks to be sitting on bleachers. And we all know there isn't bleachers behind home plate a Fenway. Thanks
Thanks so much for
Old 02-25-2008, 08:32 AM   #50
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Looking forward to hearing your guys thoughts, especially on check swinging w. the "enhanced" swing stick.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 02-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #51
Pro

OVR: 8

Meatball pitches . . . I know this issue has been beaten to death but it would be great to hear that it is not as prevalent a problem as some of the videos made it seem to be. I want to be able to throw mistake pitches that aren't crushed for HRs, but instead land outside the strikezone.

Brian
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #52
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

How are the walks and pitch counts?

I don't recall walking the CPU many times last year. Is it more prevalent this year? Are there realistic pitch counts, not like 50 for the CPU and 75 for the Human.

Looks like there are more foul balls this year. Is there a foul ball slider ala HH and MVP?
Old 02-25-2008, 10:09 AM   #53
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I'd like to know what strides they have actually made with regards to grass and air friction this year. Or if he could find out whether the grass and dirt play the same kind of hop on the ground.

Thanks!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

When will we get it?
Old 02-25-2008, 11:38 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 13

I'll also be interested in learning more about the sliders. How many are there, what are they, etc?

I know it would be impossible to walk away from the demo with a "list" of sliders... but having one would be sweet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2008, 11:43 AM   #56
MVP

El_MaYiMbE's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lived
Quick Question to ask tomorrow, how do you do a sac-fly?
Most important thing on this whole website i believe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »