Home

Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K8 360 Impressions within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #881
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Major League Baseball 2K8 (360/PS3) Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
Hi Blue,

I did not want to read this whole thread and from your other thread I know that you are a pure gamer and love baseball. So my question to you is this:

In YOUR opinion, so no one thinks you are a fanboy , which game do you think is better.
I don't need reasons why or why not the game is good, but in your opinion as a baseball fan and a gamer, which game are you going to spend more time with?

Also, PS3 is sooooo far behind with 2K sports, that it is ridiculous.
Great question, right now I think I am going to spend more time with the Show, but...and I stress but, I am going to give the 360 version of 2k8 a real run, because it did seem like a lot of fun, but i have only played 2 games
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #882
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14

I've only played 1 game so far(360, clear cache before I fired it up).

I've noticed some little hitches, but mostly in transitions from graphic to graphic.

The new pitching system is neat, alittle difficult at first because the explanation, imho, is not very good. That said, I defintely feel like I have more control over my pitches.

I don't like the Swing Stick 2.0, also because the explanation is bad, but I'll get use to it.

It seems like its ok so far, but only time will tell.

BTW, playing on default settings.

"Do you know how to catch a ball with no eyes, and stubby hands?.......You catch it with your heart"
Old 03-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #883
MVP

OVR: 13

*updated Impressions*

- I'm loving the pitching mechanics - LOVING it. I get it now. HOWEVER, the catcher AI calls a terrible game. Not so much the pitches - but the locations. Be prepared to call your own game.
- I'm just as much a graphic whore as the next guy. Really I am I am ashamed to admit. But those basjhing this game graphically I just don't get. It was - and still is - a good looking game.
- My PS3 has frozen a couple of times on me since popping this in (once when I tried to get ONLINE) - should I be worried
- Camden Yards looks really really good in this game.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #884
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn33
*updated Impressions*

- I'm loving the pitching mechanics - LOVING it. I get it now. HOWEVER, the catcher AI calls a terrible game. Not so much the pitches - but the locations. Be prepared to call your own game.
- I'm just as much a graphic whore as the next guy. Really I am I am ashamed to admit. But those basjhing this game graphically I just don't get. It was - and still is - a good looking game.
- My PS3 has frozen a couple of times on me since popping this in (once when I tried to get ONLINE) - should I be worried
- Camden Yards looks really really good in this game.
I was hoping they had fixed this. I don't want to see six calls an inning for an up-and-in change up.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 03-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #885
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaNNyT
This framerate is ridiculous, and I seriously can't look at these graphics. I seriously am taking it back, claiming it doesn't work.

I am not getting robbed of $60 on this choice.
ohh man thats the thin no ones gonna be able to rent it where i am so it's either buy it or pass on it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2008, 03:35 PM   #886
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34
Great question, right now I think I am going to spend more time with the Show, but...and I stress but, I am going to give the 360 version of 2k8 a real run, because it did seem like a lot of fun, but i have only played 2 games
Please tell us how 720p is for the 360 compared to 720p for the ps3...
Old 03-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #887
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

One neat thing I noticed was the pitcher was on the mound and it was windy and his jersey was going nuts like it should be. The little things seem to be in as I hit in a pitcher and he was wearing a warm up jacket. Also, since it was cold you could see the pitchers breath.

The choppiness isn't going to go away for people who are seeing it unless they make a patch. Some people can tolerate it more than others. It's a matter of priorities and opinion.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:36 PM   #888
Pro

OVR: 7

Despite my strong dissapointment in the frame-rate, I should qualify: I will be playing this game a LOT and am very excited to explore all the features in the game.

It's just frustrating, because a solid FR would make this game golden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »