Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday?

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:32 AM   #105
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanrfoley
I don't know a lot about game development... but isn't it a little late to do mo-cap? This game will likely go gold in about two months!

Nah, you can mo-cap to your hearts content and add them any time.

(in 2K7 they added Dice-K in an update shortly after his first season start)

The Show had a guy who does all these MLB batter's stances do over 150 just recently ... and said he is due back a little later for more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2008, 10:37 AM   #106
Hall Of Fame

areobee401's Arena

OVR: 24

I know it's still early but I a bad feeling we will be left in the dark just like last season.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:30 PM   #107
Rookie

OVR: 4

With this game coming out in March and under a new team i doubt they could use the same engine since it was used by Kush, but why would you anyway since the engine was trash and looked like it to.

its really scary to think that there was Soooo much wrong with this game that it could be completely turned around in one season. I dont understand why the couldnt get the engine from the Bigs, that was a great looking engine that ran smooth and looked great, and all they would need to do is tweak the models and animations instead of building them from scratch since VC hasnt made a game since regular xbox.

I really want to be happy with a baseball game this year i really hope they stick to basics and only basics. Just curious on why no press release has been made to help fans out, such as details on what there going for so at least it can put some of us at ease. Though the marketing over at 2k has always boggled me. I mean they can dumb all this money in Rockstar but nothing in there own sports lineups WTF??!?!
Old 12-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #108
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damanjinx
Though the marketing over at 2k has always boggled me. I mean they can dumb all this money in Rockstar but nothing in there own sports lineups WTF??!?!
2K Sports does their own marketing. Take-2 doesn't do any marketing for 2K Sports. Info will slowly start hitting in about Mid-Jan
Old 12-18-2008, 03:27 PM   #109
Th* *c*m*n!

ronnyballgame's Arena

OVR: 14

Hey, so I am definitely on the fence about this game. I love VC and what they can bring to the table, and used to bring the the table many years on a different system. I have heard that they are getting a full development cycle in on the game, which is good, but this game isn't going to be a complete product. I know that coming off the bat, so my question is, how deep is this game going to be? Is it possible they borrowed some code from NBA 2k series? I love baseball, I just hope this game is playable. I have a feeling it will be better than any of us expect.
Florida State Seminoles

Rider Broncs- Graduated
LaSalle Explorers- Attaining Master's

Playing: FN4 UFC 2009, Tiger 10
Waiting: NCAA 2010, Madden 10, NHL 10
Old 12-18-2008, 03:43 PM   #110
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyballgame
Hey, so I am definitely on the fence about this game. I love VC and what they can bring to the table, and used to bring the the table many years on a different system. I have heard that they are getting a full development cycle in on the game, which is good, but this game isn't going to be a complete product. I know that coming off the bat, so my question is, how deep is this game going to be? Is it possible they borrowed some code from NBA 2k series? I love baseball, I just hope this game is playable. I have a feeling it will be better than any of us expect.
I don't see how they could transfer code from the NBA 2K series, to be honest. It doesn't seem like that would work, but I'm no programmer either.

As for having "a feeling it will be better than any of us expect," that's not hard in many cases. A lot of us have VERY low expectations. It wouldn't be hard to excede mine, that's for sure. We'll see how it goes. I just think there were too many issues to overcome in one year. I won't be buying it, but I'll look for a solid indication that they are really pushing it in a better direction.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #111
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I don't see how they could transfer code from the NBA 2K series, to be honest. It doesn't seem like that would work, but I'm no programmer either.

As for having "a feeling it will be better than any of us expect," that's not hard in many cases. A lot of us have VERY low expectations. It wouldn't be hard to excede mine, that's for sure. We'll see how it goes. I just think there were too many issues to overcome in one year. I won't be buying it, but I'll look for a solid indication that they are really pushing it in a better direction.
I agree with regards to expectations...I know I didn't give 2k8 a fair chance but how could I. Im a PS3 owner and 1) I couldn'g get through a complete game in about 5 attempts and 2) I couldnt turn off the show. The one thing I am confident in is the fact that MLB2k9 should surpass my expectations since im not expecting much at all at this point from 2k9.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2008, 03:35 AM   #112
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakesalee
I hope the announcement goes a little like this:

"2k gets you back in the action by recreating WSB2k3 with today's graphics, physics, and rosters! We've come to realize that you just want fun, coupled with a terrific presentation. Sorry about 2k5 through 2k8."
Ok, let me get this straight...the developers of WSB2K3 are working on the series again? If so, that is some awesome news because that was best gameplay in a Baseball game ever. Its right there side by side with The Show. Yes and both are better than MVP 2005.

It was Kush Games that ruined the 2K series am I correct? I never understood why VC left especially after The MLB license was secured by Take Two.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »