Home

Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday?

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2008, 05:04 PM   #41
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Major League Baseball 2K9 Info Coming Monday?

I agree if Visual Concepts and Blue Castle Games would go back to WSB 2K3 as a base with 2K7 graphics, that would be a big wow!

I think that VC and BCG worked together on WSB 2K3.( my favorite )
Happy to see them working on a 2K Baseball game again! It gives me reason for hope...

If they go back I hope they use WSB 2K3's Home-Runs!

Scooter...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 10
i just hope they learned some things from MLB the show...... i am so bored without a career mode.
Old 11-30-2008, 11:57 PM   #43
Rookie

Fatalah's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter3
I think that VC and BCG worked together on WSB 2K3.( my favorite )
Happy to see them working on a 2K Baseball game again! It gives me reason for hope...
Woah Woah! Settle down there big fella!

Let me correct a few things:

We have no proof that Blue Castle Games is working with Visual Concepts for MLB2K9.

Blue Castle didn't exist up until 2 years ago-- they had nothing to do with WSB2K3.

PS- You're crazy. Bold and italics?!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #44
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalah

We have no proof that Blue Castle Games is working with Visual Concepts for MLB2K9.

Blue Castle didn't exist up until 2 years ago-- they had nothing to do with WSB2K3.

lol. Thats funny.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:20 AM   #45
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

lol...time for you to settle down too. He never said definitevely they worked on 2K3... he said he thought. He was closer than you probably realize, at least verbally. Visual Concepts and Blue Shift worked on 2K3 (there might have been another too...can't remember). So at worst he's only half mistaken.

Also, not to nitpick, but I believe Blue Castle got together in 05 which would be 3 years ago, not two

And lastly, who really cares if he uses bold and italics...it's not like it's that hard to read....okay, that's just for fun

Personally, I find Visual Concepts involvement reason for some optimism here. They do an excellent job with presentation and realistic gameplay in their games normally, I believe. That alone has piqued my interest at least.

Last edited by SoxFan01605; 12-01-2008 at 12:22 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2008, 12:35 AM   #46
Rookie

Fatalah's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm glad to see you found a way to make him look half-wrong instead of full-wrong. Blue Shift though...hmm. I remember them! They were kind of a subpar developer no? Along the lines of Kush?

As for BlueCastleGames, What always bothers me is this: How could BGS invest time and money into creating a next gen baseball engine for the Bigs, and just leave it behind? I want that engine to be the foundation for 2k9. Here's hoping for good news tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
lol...time for you to settle down too. He never said definitevely they worked on 2K3... he said he thought. He was closer than you probably realize, at least verbally. Visual Concepts and Blue Shift worked on 2K3 (there might have been another too...can't remember). So at worst he's only half mistaken.

Also, not to nitpick, but I believe Blue Castle got together in 05 which would be 3 years ago, not two

And lastly, who really cares if he uses bold and italics...it's not like it's hard to read....okay, that's just for fun

Personally, I find Visual Concepts involvement reason for some optimism here. They do an excellent job with presentation and realistic gameplay in their games normally, I believe. That alone has piqued my interest at least.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 PM   #47
Banned

OVR: 13
I'm more concerned with MLB FOM than 2K9. I'll probably get 2K9 for the 360 and FOM for the PC, tho.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:16 PM   #48
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
I'm glad to see you found a way to make him look half-wrong instead of full-wrong. Blue Shift though...hmm. I remember them! They were kind of a subpar developer no? Along the lines of Kush?

As for BlueCastleGames, What always bothers me is this: How could BGS invest time and money into creating a next gen baseball engine for the Bigs, and just leave it behind? I want that engine to be the foundation for 2k9. Here's hoping for good news tomorrow.
Well, I would probably classify Blue Shift as mediocre more than sub-par...but then again, I have a personal hatred for Kush as they did everything they could to ruin baseball (okay, that may be a teeny bit of hyperbole).

I agree about Blue Castle though. Aren't they the ones behind the MLB Front Office Manager coming soon as well? Maybe that's a tie in for the announcement. Blue Castle will not only be involved, but use their engine and apply the front office manager to franchise. Likely wishful thinking, but what's life without dreams...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »