Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (IGN)

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (IGN) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2010, 10:45 PM   #97
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Screenshots (IGN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1bk
I can live with these graphics if the gameplay is good. 2k9 didn't look bad graphically. It was the animations and gameplay that was the biggest problem.
Yep I played it on the ps3 and its a bit jerky , poor framrate not very smooth .
Old 01-14-2010, 11:06 PM   #98
08 Mets! One Year Older!

thornie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I can't believe anyone would say there is a noticeable difference in the images between 2k9 and 2k10.

I'm sure they could post marketing shots from 2k9, slap "2k10" on them and people would respond on the visible changes.

C'mon fellas... hopefully the focus was on the disastrous game released last year because obviously the graphics were barely touched judging from those images.
Having played over 300 games of 2k9 in the year or so, I agree with this statement 1000%.

I saw the pictures, and immediately scratched my head. I thought I was just seeing more 2k9 shots. I just don't see any difference, especially compared to last years promo shots. In fact, I prefer those 2k9 promo shots over the 2k10 ones. The 2k10 player models have reverted to those weird chunky legs that were in 2k7.

EDIT: I just saw the Reyes pic maximized, and I noticed they haven't fixed that weird block font on the players names on the back of their jerseys. Last year every team had the same NOB jersey font, and IMO it contributed to the overall drab look of the game.

Last edited by thornie; 01-14-2010 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #99
Banned

OVR: 47

OK the more I look at them next to the other year's game. I agree they do look the same. The faces look better, but I guess what game does change player models that much? The Show still has the same models too, so maybe that is what to expect every year. Until they decide to make new ones. I think the lighting is better in that Minnesota Twins one. I just hope the animation is better.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:25 AM   #100
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I can't believe anyone would say there is a noticeable difference in the images between 2k9 and 2k10.

I'm sure they could post marketing shots from 2k9, slap "2k10" on them and people would respond on the visible changes.

C'mon fellas... hopefully the focus was on the disastrous game released last year because obviously the graphics were barely touched judging from those images.
Yah... I'm not seeing a difference either. Like you said though, let's hope the focus was on the gameplay this year.

Old 01-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #101
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

I am just holding off judgment until the game has some gameplay videos and is in my hands.

2K has not been the most diplomatic with their official screenshots. They always have messed with the saturation and contrast, and miraculously the game sports 16x AA (jaggie free) which is incapable in the current consoles. So my judgment is reserved until sites take their own and post videos.

They look the same as last year overall, except somehow a video game with no jaggies is present. And the 2x AA consoles use wont hide the jaggies that well. Been a PC enthusiast for 15 years, I know how the tech works.

Last edited by EnigmaNemesis; 01-15-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2010, 11:55 AM   #102
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
I am just holding off judgment until the game has some gameplay videos and is in my hands.

2K has not been the most diplomatic with their official screenshots. They always have messed with the saturation and contrast, and miraculously the game sports 16x AA (jaggie free) which is incapable in the current consoles. So my judgment is reserved until sites take their own and post videos.

They look the same as last year overall, except somehow a video game with no jaggies is present. And the 2x AA consoles use wont hide the jaggies that well. Been a PC enthusiast for 15 years, I know how the tech works.
And there's so much more that can make or enhance a game's visuals, and honestly, last year they really crapped up in that department. I know I may sound like a broken record, but it's just the other things that we don't see in the screenshots: the animations, the HUD, visual aids, camera angles, etc. Let's say they stole these things from The Show; if they do, it helps make the graphics themselves look better. Just like how The Show's player models are better masked by enhanced jersey textures and lighting.

Now technically, the PS3 version could always improve this year just by looking like these graphics. Last year it was inferior, so if it could match up to this, then PS3 users will actually have a relatively better looking game.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #103

OVR: 34

Field textures look different than 2K9. Other than that, maybe the bloated helmet has been fixed. The still shots still have that cloudy dull feel though.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:54 PM   #104
MVP

kennyacid's Arena

OVR: 30
I just want to see gameplay vids, still shots never did much for any game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »