Home

Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 05-23-2010, 11:01 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Major League Baseball 2K10 Patch v1.2 Available Now, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyJote
Found a new, fun glitch today. Troy Glaus hit a ground ball to first, and on the play, I discovered that the Braves have discovered the secret to teleportation! Basically, when the ball was thrown to 2b to try for a dp, I pushed the slide button so McCann would try to break it up. About 2/3 of the way to 2b, McCann warps to the grass between 2b and the pitchers mound and proceeds to slide into the infield dirt halfway between 2b and 3b. The SS still jumped in the air and fell over while making his throw to 1b. Good job 2k! Real quality work your doing here!
I've had this happen to me before(pre-patch) while trying to steal with Michael Bourn. I was clearly going to be safe but when I hit X to slide he warped into the outfield between 2nd and 3rd and they called me out lol. It's only happened once so it wasn't too big of a deal to me, but it was frustrating at the time.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:29 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
After losing a game 1-0 to the Red Sox and actually pitching well, I got hammered by the White Sox 12-4 and gave up 24 hits. The bad pitchers can really struggle. I think people will really have to adjust. I'd always be able to spot my pitches and never walk anyone. Now I'm falling behind in the count and throwing more pitches than before. I've been giving in and Chicago really punished me for it.

I played a 1/2 game at Fenway this morning as well. I do think the one poster that suggested the fielding view is zoomed out a bit more may be right. I'm not sure but ever since he said that it does seem a touch better. Placebo? Who knows.

Twice now in 4 games post patch I've had the camera get stuck on the batter and the game not advance. I just hit the sub menu to get out of it but I never had that pre-patch. Small glitch.
Early on in one game in my Franchise using Carl Pavano, he has 55 Control so you can imagine how hard it was to paint the corners. I was losing 3-0 in the 4th inning. My hitters managed to get me back in the game (the eventual score was a 6-3 ending). I can now paint the corners with Pavano, but the success rate is so hard! And you know, I like that because it shouldn't be easy, especially with a pitcher who has 55 Control. I play on Pro difficulty for the record.

EDIT: To add, when I closed the game with Joakim Soria - it felt so hard to use him, because he was able to paint the corners a lot better because he has a higher rating in Control. I think 2K needs to give us warm-up pitches like The Show has. This would be a huge help for when using a different pitcher since every pitcher (as it should be) is not the same.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:24 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 0

I walked four batters and hit a guy in a game last night. The lack of control seems to be executed perfectly.

I think the auto-control of the fielders has been toned down, as well. Since the patch, I've had a few balls get through because I didn't get my infielder or outfielder in place in time.

I love that you can see the batters handedness on the pause screen now. Maybe next year we can view the bench players, too!

As I mentioned before, you can now leave a PH in the game, which was probably the number one problem I had with the game. Maybe next year we can also bat the pitcher 8th to start a game.

The lack of errors and injuries kind of makes franchise pointless. Not only is depth pretty irrelevant, but there is no reason to keep a poor fielder on the bench. If a guy is a weak hitter, he is of no use, because the "big bat, no glove" guy will perform just as well in the field.

I am geting an increase of the game hanging on a shot of the batter. At least using the submenu on the D-pad fixes this. But I also had one occasion where even the D-Pad didn't get the game back on track. And last night I had a freeze after completing an MLB Today game. Not a big deal, as I was done anyway, but it was a reboot the console freeze. But i have played several games, and the freezing is not terrible, but it is there.

Is MLB Today worth $60? Probably not. But I can tell you that MLB Today saved this game for me. I absolutely love it. I can understand that franchise guys are getting the shaft on this release. But there is still a lot of game here to enjoy, if you try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2010, 12:34 PM   #76
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

has anyone went back to default sliders after patch to see what comes of it.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 05-23-2010, 12:37 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 8

what level are you guys playing? I play default legend put teh fielders are not responsive what so ever. i have upped the fielders speed to 50 that seemed to help. I also upped pitching speed to 100. I just got this came yesterday after trading in "the other game" for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenBalla
Early on in one game in my Franchise using Carl Pavano, he has 55 Control so you can imagine how hard it was to paint the corners. I was losing 3-0 in the 4th inning. My hitters managed to get me back in the game (the eventual score was a 6-3 ending). I can now paint the corners with Pavano, but the success rate is so hard! And you know, I like that because it shouldn't be easy, especially with a pitcher who has 55 Control. I play on Pro difficulty for the record.

EDIT: To add, when I closed the game with Joakim Soria - it felt so hard to use him, because he was able to paint the corners a lot better because he has a higher rating in Control. I think 2K needs to give us warm-up pitches like The Show has. This would be a huge help for when using a different pitcher since every pitcher (as it should be) is not the same.
Old 05-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #78
Pro

OVR: 5

Unfortunately, I booted up my franchise and there is still no way to edit cpu lineups when you have control of all 30 teams. You can still do call ups and send downs, but cant change the lineups or rotations.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:18 PM   #79
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
has anyone went back to default sliders after patch to see what comes of it.
I don't think you will have to change much with this patch from whatever sliders you were using pre-patch. The arms are toned down a little so you can drop base running speed one click from where you had it. I think fatigue is more pronounced so I dropped it two clicks. Pitching accuracy is definitely tougher so I dropped the cpu contact one click.

I am wondering if the pitch movement slider has a greater effect. That slider did pretty much nothing pre-patch. I've got it at 100 and I notice the fastballs being much less accurate and the two seamers really tailing away now. Some guys aren't noticing a big difference in pitch accuracy while I think it's very noticeable. I'd be curious to see where they have pitch movement at.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #80
MVP

Wavebird99's Arena

OVR: 10

Im glad pitching is more difficult, but I havent played a game on my sliders yet. Hopefully it doesnt mess things up to badly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »