Home

MLB 2K12 Video - Official Trailer

This is a discussion on MLB 2K12 Video - Official Trailer within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #49
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
Hey dunky, welcome. Graphics aren't big on my priority list. I sometimes even prefer simplistic graphics in games. What I don't get though and find difficult to accept is how 2K screws up the most obvious and basic aspects of the game's appearance. Nobody is expecting cutting-edge at this point, that's a given. But there is simply no excuse for getting teams' MLB uniform colors completely wrong, every single year. That's just sloppy, lazy programming. I spent many hours last year recoloring all teams' unis, caps, etc. (PC version.) RGB values for caps were wrong and different from uniform RGB values, which were also wrong and different again from equipment RGB values. From that perspective, the game was a mess graphically.
The real issue is, there's no Color Standard for Video Games developed on consoles.

Devlopers don't have to adhere to Color Space specs. It would be nice but they don't. Hence the issue with color.

I've compained about this issue all the time. 2k has gotten better, but until the video game industry make this a standard, my guess is we will continue to see this issue on consoles.

Sent from Awesome Phone
Old 02-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: MLB 2K12 Video - Official Trailer

I really hope the warping of the ball in the glove and that one second hesitation too throw home is fixed, that drove me crazy with the AI. I hope 2k give us mix & match of uniforms, because my washington nationals wore there red top with there grey bottoms last season and it wasn't in the game. A lot of uniforms that the real MLB wasn't in the game as far as mix & matches. I really hope that they concentrate on fixing the bugs that plagued last year. Really don't mind new features, because 2k11 was solid, just the little things that messed it up. If check swing, DL bug, franchise stats bug, Better injury presentation, Better AI situation strategy, dynamic crowd attendance, soft liners, opposite field HR and base running are fixed, then MLB2k12 will be my game the most played in my library. Here's too hoping
Old 02-10-2012, 09:59 AM   #51
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
The real issue is, there's no Color Standard for Video Games developed on consoles.

Devlopers don't have to adhere to Color Space specs. It would be nice but they don't. Hence the issue with color.

I've compained about this issue all the time. 2k has gotten better, but until the video game industry make this a standard, my guess is we will continue to see this issue on consoles.
My question is why is it I can spend 10 minutes with a PC editor and fix a team's cap, uni and equipment colors so they're all identical AND with the correct RGB values assigned? Why can't the 2K devs do the same before the game is shipped?

2K is tasked with the job of recreating the MLB baseball experience. I understand if the graphics aren't up to par, that's not an issue. I can understand if the gameplay isn't 100% great, which game ever is? I even understand that bugs and glitches occur. But why the heck can't the game makers at the very least get each team's uniform colors all aligned, regardless of the RGB values they decide on for each team? Especially given I can do it on my PC working with some funky little editing program I downloaded.

I love 2K, always have. I just don't get their inattention to detail and their lack of interest in fixing something so glaringly noticable, especially when it would be so easy to do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #52
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

Quote:
My question is why is it I can spend 10 minutes with a PC editor and fix a team's cap, uni and equipment colors so they're all identical AND with the correct RGB values assigned? Why can't the 2K devs do the same before the game is shipped?

2K is tasked with the job of recreating the MLB baseball experience. I understand if the graphics aren't up to par, that's not an issue. I can understand if the gameplay isn't 100% great, which game ever is? I even understand that bugs and glitches occur. But why the heck can't the game makers at the very least get each team's uniform colors all aligned, regardless of the RGB values they decide on for each team? Especially given I can do it on my PC working with some funky little editing program I downloaded.

I love 2K, always have. I just don't get their inattention to detail and their lack of interest in fixing something so glaringly noticable, especially when it would be so easy to do.
Because again Color Space Specs are not a standard on Consoles & this game is developed for consoles then ported over to PC. For the PC RGB is a standard. Also with PC's the graphics are determined by the Graphics Card.

This is why MODS are always available to enhance the experience, compared to consoles where everything is locked-in. This has always been this way in gaming.

That's why you get PC/Console wars all the time
Old 02-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #53
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Game is looking good. I may pick up the combo pack (MLB 2k12 and NBA 2k12).
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
Because again Color Space Specs are not a standard on Consoles
Maybe I'm not understanding, but I don't see how that impacts at least getting the cap, uni and equipment all the same color, regardless of the RGB values they choose. Can't they at least use the same RGB values for all three? Why for example would a team have one shade of red for their caps, a different shade of red for the trim on their unis, and a third shade for the catcher's gear? That's not an RGB standardization issue, that's just a lack of attention to detail is it not?
Old 02-10-2012, 11:54 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

Quote:
Maybe I'm not understanding, but I don't see how that impacts at least getting the cap, uni and equipment all the same color, regardless of the RGB values they choose. Can't they at least use the same RGB values for all three? Why for example would a team have one shade of red for their caps, a different shade of red for the trim on their unis, and a third shade for the catcher's gear? That's not an RGB standardization issue, that's just a lack of attention to detail is it not?
I've seen the game get team color totally wrong, but I have never seen a team have 3 different shades of a color on 1 uniform. If you have please post a picture so I can see what your talking about.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #56
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Honestly...
I don't get the hate for the game from this trailer.

It looks improved in gameplay...

Now I'm not one on graphics....so it's easy for me to dismiss them as not being improved, honestly....it just doesn't bother me. They are not that bad.

But isn't it more important that they discussed(elsewhere maybe) that they worked on ironing out the bugs and glitches that hindered the game in '11?

bf'n joe....love the DRIVE avatar!!(under the radar flick if you ask me!)

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »