Home

What percentage of the top 100 are glitchers? (360)

This is a discussion on What percentage of the top 100 are glitchers? (360) within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-05-2012, 05:01 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
What percentage of the top 100 are glitchers? (360)

I've only played a handful of top 100 opponents that I know of and can only remember the Gamertags of two (xTexasfightx, and Ray1536) both attempt to "glitch" by pausing the game in the middle of your windup, attempting a steal during your windup, trying to take advantage of the 1st baseman holding the ball in his glove and not being able to throw home, general baserunning cheese.. etc etc...

Ray1536's (#2 in season rankings currently I think) whole game is based upon getting a runner on and then attempting baserunning/stealing douchebaggery. I caught on to his tactics after an inning or two and just played it smart (forcing runners back to there base instead of throwing to pickoff, varying my pitch delays) and he quit in the 7th while losing. I've got matched up with him twice since then but he backs out of the game claiming that I CHEAT!!?? lol

Taking a quick look at post game records I've found that if someone has an abnormally large number of steals/attempted steals you can pretty much guarantee yourself a game of glitching and baserunning cheese. I'd say 70+% of the top 100 are these types of players.

My record is currently 64 - 22 or something close to that and I'll never play anything but straight up sim ball. Beating these cheesers the way the game is supposed to be played is beautiful.

And Ray1536, if your on the board, whenever your ready for another loss Mr. #2.. just step up. You've already told me you won't though -- and we both know why.

Gamertag - RagtopLS1

Last edited by Cards12n12; 05-05-2012 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Added info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-05-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: What percentage of the top 100 are glitchers? (360)

A good old-fashioned online-gamer posturing and cheat accusations thread! Okay, two guys to be aware of: cheatercheaterpumpkineater, and glytchbytch666. I haven't played either one of them but they both sound like cheating jerks to me. Also if my brother Brad is reading this on his cell phone, I'm gonna give you another beat down when you get home from shopping with Mom and Dad, ha-ha loser! Yeah I'd say something like 99%. With regards to your question that is.

Gamertag: BowleggedBillBuckner

Last edited by Yeats; 05-05-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #3
Rookie

There really is no way to "cheat" a victory.. at least not that I've experienced. I'm just saying that there is definitely a cheesy style of ball that is played online which seems to be very prevalent in the top 100. I'm trying to see if I can get there with straight sim. Although something else I'm seeing is that a lot of these guys have played 500+ games. I play quite a bit and haven't even hit 100 yet.. so I dunno..
Old 05-07-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Rookie

That I know of I played 3 people in the top 100. From what I remember the cheese wasn't that bad. I beat all 3 however ended up with losses from all 3 games because they booted me off when they realized they couldn't win. This is very common in Madden and probably 70% or more of the top 100 is made up of ip boots. I think my online record is something like 70-19. I've gotten glitched out of wins at least 8 or 9 times. Oh well, I just play to have fun and beat cheesers.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SodaPopinski
Oh well, I just play to have fun and beat cheesers.
Have pity bro, cheesers are just ordinary people who either never made it past the third grade or were dropped on their head as children.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »