Home

Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included

This is a discussion on Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #33
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Some MLB 2K13 Features Revealed, First Screenshot Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by woz411
Still though, I hope they give good reasons that this is worth 60 if its nothing more then a paint job and new rosters/divisions.
Well, Flaxseed Oil's post made me think of MLB 2K5: World Series Edition. That was an ideal title to send out that had some patch work with updated rosters and a playoff mode. It wasn't full price either.

This game reminds me of that, only being sent out a few months later and charging $60. This would be ideal as a $40 title.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 01-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #34
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I still got it!

Me too....look at post 88 in this thread of the images I posted the other day..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rch-5th-9.html
Old 01-11-2013, 01:29 AM   #35
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behindshadows
Me too....look at post 88 in this thread of the images I posted the other day..

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rch-5th-9.html
Woosh

I don't want to ruin it so I'll keep quiet...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #36
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

GameStop has posted some of the MLB 2K13 features, which are very similar to those seen in MLB 2K12. Let's hope some upcoming Developer Diaries (if there are any) reveal more details.

MLB 2K13 delivers hours of baseball action for any level of sports fan or gamer. Master our signature right analog pitching controls to achieve perfection on the mound, enjoy the authentic baseball environment of MLB Today featuring real life commentary and statistics, and develop winning players and teams in My Player, Franchise & Postseason modes.
  • Total Control Pitching & Hitting - The original analog pitching and hitting controls remain the benchmark. Unmatched control and realism allow you to feel the action on both sides of the plate.
  • My Player - Experience the journey from Minor Leagues to MLB stardom. Choose your path, customize your player and work your way to the top.
  • MLB Today - Take the field in an authentic environment pulled from the real life MLB season. Featuring the latest rosters & lineups, and relevant commentary & stats overlays.
  • MLB Today Season - Play through the full 2013 MLB season, one day at a time. Real results combine with yours, allowing you to compete directly with real life MLB teams.
  • Dynamic Tendencies - Player performance fluctuates dynamically as player ratings update from pitch to pitch and at-bat to at-bat.
  • Inside Edge & Stats Inc. - Strategize for each at-bat with authentic scouting reports and data from Inside Edge & Stats Inc.
  • Franchise - Championship teams are built in the front office, and crowned on the field. Can you master both sides of the ball and build a dynasty?
  • Postseason - Relive the 2012 Postseason, or customize your own bracket and crown a new champion.
  • Home Run Derby - Go head to head with MLB's greatest power hitters in a classic Derby format.
Lets compare that with last year's feature list :

Quote:
MLB Today Season Mode – For the first time ever, play along with the real-life MLB® season AS IT UNFOLDS. Take charge of your favorite team and see how you stack up against the rest of the league over the course of a six month-long season.

Dynamic Tendency System – Just as in real-life, opposing pitchers and hitters will learn your tendencies from one at-bat to the next, challenging you to mix up your approach on both sides of the plate as each game unfolds.

Improved My Player Mode – Want to be the next All-Star slugger or ace starter? All-new player types let you decide your path to the Majors™. Goals, expectations, ratings and progression are all customized by position and player type.

New Hit Distribution System - More varied and realistic hits, from line drives in the gap to slow tappers down the line. Based on the physics of the game, including pitch location & speed and swing timing & accuracy.

New Throw Meter – A revamped throwing system presents a classic risk vs. reward situation every time you make a play. Will you queue up throws before fielding the ball to save time, or take a moment to set your feet for better accuracy?

Soundtrack - Tracks handpicked by SPIN magazine, featuring The Cool Kids, Skrillex, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, My Morning Jacket and more.

Improved AI - The game just got a little smarter, with improved CPU AI both on the field and in the dugout.

New & Improved Commentary - Over 80 hours of new commentary featuring Gary Thorne, Steve Phillips & John Kruk. For the first time, MLB Today games will feature dynamic commentary that updates AS THE GAME UNFOLDS.
So far, all they have done is confirm that they still have all of their modes in the game. That's good... I guess?

Last edited by DickDalewood; 01-11-2013 at 01:29 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #37
MVP

itsmb8's Arena

OVR: 5
looks ike im going to ask for a ps3 and the show for my birthday!! next gen consoles dont interest me, ive only had my xbox for 3 total years... not time for next gen, so ps3 it is, cuz my fav game type is sports games and fav sport is baseball, and MLB 2K is trash compared to The Show, which just the demo for 12 at best buy was better than the whole 2K....

EDIT: To clarify, i was just voicing my concerns with the quality of the game for the past 2 years. But in my honest opinion, I think (just my 2 cents) that 2K should've just given up on the game and focused solely on NBA 2K, where they have absolutely set the limit on QUALITY games. It's like where a kid excels at one sport but doesnt cut it at another, same reasoning for 2K. They dont have it for baseball, but are hands down the best for basketball.

Last edited by itsmb8; 01-12-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 AM   #38
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44
The only thing that will like about the 2K baseball series is the pitching system that they use. It's pretty cool and unique and fun to use.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:06 AM   #39
MVP

OVR: 16

Does anybody think we will have anything different in my player mode? I hope some big changes are made to it the past 2 games they made are the exact same in the way you start out in the minors

Since 2k can do great with basketball games i don't see why they can't improve the mode for MLB 2k
Old 01-12-2013, 04:23 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'd consider getting it for pc - always have a fun time modding a bit, and its hell convenient to be able to game on a laptop rather than a console.

Hope it does get released for pc, but if not, no biggie.

Having a tremendous time modding pro Evo soccer for pc this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »