Home

Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread

This is a discussion on Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Operation Sports MLB 2K13 Community Impressions Thread

Got the game last night. 4 games into my season I'm glad I got the game. Playing on All-Star sliders and the gameplay is great. Not a HUGE improvement but enough for me to cough up 30$ and a couple old games. I'm getting a lot of good battles at the plate. Commentary is on point. Colors and Lighting are a lot better. The only thing I dont like is the OF's reactions. If your not pointing the stick in the right direction as soon as the ball is hit, its pretty much an automatic double. Read that bumping up OF run speed fixes this. Gonna give it a try. Looking forward to spending countless hours trying to bring another ring back to SF!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #106
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
I also played the computer tonight and lost a 13 inning game 1-0. This was my first game on the All Star settings. My Yankees ended up with 6 hits total to the Rockies 8. I figure I'm gonna run a few more games on that difficulty and see what type of variation I get in scoring.
I just finished up another one on All Star and had an awesome game. I was leading 5-1 in the 4th inning, but by the time we got to the 8th, the Cardinals had managed to tie it back up. I was feeling like I was going to lose the game because the momentum had shifted, but my boys showed some heart.

In the 9th, Ichiro ended up driving in a run with two outs after hitting a little dribbler to the pitcher and outrunning him to the 1st base bag. I was so amped up when they called him safe because I thought the pitcher beat him. On the replay though you could see that Ichiro got him by a step. We managed to score one more run that inning for a cushion and then let Mariano finish them off. Yankees win 7-5.

I was a little concerned after my first game that scoring might be an issue, but this game showed me that wouldn't be the case. All Star seems to be a good difficulty for me. Small sample size of course, but so far so good.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 PM   #107
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Gave the franchise a quick try. I got Torres up (still inexcuseably in a METS hat...like I said,not worth $60) against Kershaw. Even though I grounded out it was a 14 pitch at bat. Kershaw was just sunk after that. It was pretty cool to see the effect of that. Finished with Sandoval having hit 2 HRs and 1 more from Posey after having dual 1 hit games going for quite some time.

Rigged up a Marlins team,maxed the batting power and it took me 16 innings to get a HR so too many HRs actually isn't a problem. Even when I did hit the HR it was Cano. Never got the display to activate last year but it did this time. Unimpressive. Threw a perfect game with Chapman the second game. It was against the Astros though.

Had the previously mentioned commentary glitch about not switching early in the game even though it's the 7th+ in every game I've played.

HOL-E CRAP! Simming in franchise compeltely destroys lineups even though it's set to not touch them and I never chose to auto manage. They put Belt on the bench,moved Pablo to 1st and took Pill (the back up 1st baseman) and had him playing 2nd! After fixing that and coming back later after another trade they had Pill playing 3rd with Pablo on 1st and Belt back on the bench. Scutaro batting 8th. It's only set to auto manage the minor leagues.

They buggered the pitching rotation too. I signed Wilson back and put him as the set up man. They moved him to closer and Romo to set up.

Also despite having turned auto saving OFF it's still auto saving.

...and they managed to get Blanco stuck in AAA with no ability to call him up.

Last edited by goh; 03-08-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:15 AM   #108
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Oh lawd.

1. You're playing your division rival. You're in 2nd place in the division and 2nd place in the wild card. It's September 12th and you're trailing by a mere 3 in the 7th inning with the heart of your line-up coming up. Your all-star second in the rotation pitcher has given up a lead-off walk do you:

A) Take him out for any of your 3 quality veteran relievers?

B) Place a 58 rated rookie on the mound that you called up on the 40 man roster to get shelled by one of the best hitting teams in the league?

C) Leave him in and let him work around it?

2. Having incorrectly answered B to the last question you're now in a compeltely hopeless situation now trailing by 7. Your 5 year reliever has given up 3 more runs. You're down 10 in the 9th inning Do you:

A) Leave him out there because it doesn't matter?

B) Toss in another rookie?

C) Put in your 4th best starter,not properly warmed up to get further shelled?

I think there's some franchise problems.
I was on the good side of that one at least.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #109
Banned

OVR: 7

This is a really good game. Still a little jittery here and there but getting really close.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:10 AM   #110
Rookie

Having played every 2K baseball release for the last few years, I can say that this version is acceptable. I'm not hung up on super-ultra-realistic graphics. I could care less about players wearing the wrong hat, or the stupid foul ball animation that has the fans flopping around like spawning salmon. Not my concern.

What I do care about is realistic game play, and for the most part, 2k13 does a fine job. There are some issues with OF defense, and some silly decisions on bunts. But, there is NO game that I can recall that builds the tension in each at bat the way this one does.

How quickly we forget the old days. The days of the starter going 9 each start with a final pitch count of 60. No longer does the AI swing at any & every pitch anywhere close to the strike zone. Gone are the days of your pitcher being able to hit his spot with laser-like ability.

The core of baseball is truly the Pitcher - Hitter battle. Without that, you may as well call it slow-pitch softball. So, for my $60, 2k13 gets the job done. Yes, it has flaws. But, it does the important things very well and I'm loving every minute of it.

Last edited by steelereign; 03-09-2013 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #111
Banned

Liking the pitcher/hitter battles in this game as always. Especially in the late innings and u facing players like pujols, kemp..etc. Really add to the suspense and strategy of the game. I also find the glitches that plagued 2k12 sticking there little head up again. The pause glitch is still there, the jogging glitch is there and other issues that plagued 2k12. So I hope we get a patch list going real soon, because it will probably be June or July before a path comes. Since the colors have been fixed, they got that right, it's the fielding in the outfield that is terrible right now and needs too be tweaked really bad. I hope they take note and address these issues, other than the outfield play, I love the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2013, 10:55 AM   #112
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodimus13
Liking the pitcher/hitter battles in this game as always. Especially in the late innings and u facing players like pujols, kemp..etc. Really add to the suspense and strategy of the game. I also find the glitches that plagued 2k12 sticking there little head up again. The pause glitch is still there, the jogging glitch is there and other issues that plagued 2k12. So I hope we get a patch list going real soon, because it will probably be June or July before a path comes. Since the colors have been fixed, they got that right, it's the fielding in the outfield that is terrible right now and needs too be tweaked really bad. I hope they take note and address these issues, other than the outfield play, I love the game.
Maybe we need to start a thread for issues that need patching (sticking to real issues). Not sure it'll do any good though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »