Home

2021 Atlanta Braves

This is a discussion on 2021 Atlanta Braves within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2021, 04:21 PM   #73
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: 2021 Atlanta Braves

I really hope we haven't seen the last of Soroka in a MLB uniform. It does seem to be a freak incident, but with his set back a few months ago and now this, it doesn't seem (to me) that it ever healed right. The one bit of hope that I can get out of the news is that it happened on June 26 instead of August 3rd like last year. Assuming things get healed correctly this time around, it makes an April debut more likely this time around.
Old 06-26-2021, 06:10 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Some supposed injury expert on The Athletic said she thinks the July 2022 return date is overly optimistic. She expects him to miss all of 2022.
Old 06-26-2021, 06:36 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Usually around 10-12 months isn't it? I guess rupturing the same achilles twice within 1 year may make it more complicated and potentially a longer recovery time.

I'm not sure if it is purely a freak accident or if mistakes were made in his rehab, but what a terrible situation. I doubt Cy Young candidate Mike Soroka ever returns if he even throws another MLB pitch a gain in his life.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2021, 12:30 AM   #76
All Star

I wonder if the extended time frame is because of the 2nd injury? I have no idea what the usual return time is, but he was originally hurt in early August last year. They were expecting him to return in early May prior to the the initial re-injury, which would have been about 9 months after the injury.
Old 06-28-2021, 10:05 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I wonder if the extended time frame is because of the 2nd injury? I have no idea what the usual return time is, but he was originally hurt in early August last year. They were expecting him to return in early May prior to the the initial re-injury, which would have been about 9 months after the injury.
The article I read speculated if it didn't heal right the first time, it may need a graft the second time which would add time to the recovery process.
Old 06-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

If you think about it, after the 0-4 start to the year this team has technically played above .500 since. Has this team had a single hot streak this year? It seems like this team is capable of playing good baseball for only 3-5 games at a time and can never have one of the 10-15 game stretches where they go 7-3 or 11-4. Every time the team wins 3 of 4 they then lose 4 of the next 5 it feels like.

― Plato
Old 06-30-2021, 10:07 AM   #79
All Star

That certainly makes sense. I haven't looked at it in a while but I remember a couple weeks ago this team was middle of the pack in both offense and starting pitching.

AA needs to just write this season off and start trading guys now. This team has had 3 full months to show something, and at this point it is just time to realize you are what you are. Even if they did manage to put together some kind of run and NYM, Wash and the Phillies all collapsed....this team isn't good enough to win in the playoffs. Use some of your expiring assets to acquire players for the future and give give young guys a chance to play to see what we have going forward.

Morton might be worth something with how he has pitched over the last month or so. Even Smyly has been...not terrible as of late. See what you can get for both guys and let's get an extended look at Muller, Wilson, wright, davidson.

See if anyone is crazy enough to take Luke Jackson, maybe someone needs a catcher down the stretch so we can get something for Travis.

There is no reason that any of these 1 year guys should still be on this team.

Sent from my S10 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-30-2021, 07:01 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

It probably is time to do that, but even I struggle with wanting to go that way. It doesn't help that the Mets have not done a good job of putting much distance between the rest of the division. We may be in 4th place, but the team is literally one good week away from being 1 game back and right back in it.

Like you said, however, its July tomorrow. The team is what their record says they are. They suck and aren't really terrible at anything, but they're definitely not really good at anything either.

It's also puzzling because of the amount of pieces that have been here for years now and been a part of each team that's won the division. Now all of a sudden half those guys are having down years simultaneously.

I'd love to think this team can eventually put it together, but they've had the time to do that multiple times over now. It just sucks the division is as open as it is or it would be easier to bite the bullet and move people.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »