Home

MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

This is a discussion on MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set) within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2011, 07:29 PM   #89
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Operation Sports Full Minors...Opening Day Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoob15
I saw that to but Halladay was the opening day pitcher? I'm confused.
I could have made a mistake with some.

I too wish for you guys that the franchise file was available for guys to use.
Easiest way IMO like Hustlin did last year....but alas.

It's not hard though. Play around a bit if you're confused.
I wish I was better at screen captures to show you guys step by step....injuries and sending guys "down"(like BoSox said...they are really already in the minors...just shows MLB...I'm going to ask Kolbe if they can do something about this for next year....maybe an option for "locking" lineups in single team franchise or something.)

Thanks for the feedback and kind words guys.
We appreciate it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-12-2011, 07:31 PM   #90
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Re: MLB 11 The Show Rosters - Operation Sports Full Minors (Opening Day Set)

Also...I want to apologize for not going through the FA lists one last time to check movement on those players.
My bad.
Another one that needs to be moved is Jeff Suppan to K.C.
There might be others as well.
Sorry.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-12-2011, 07:37 PM   #91
Pro

OVR: 8
These are awesome thank you to all who worked on these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 07:38 PM   #92
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Also...I want to apologize for not going through the FA lists one last time to check movement on those players.
My bad.
Sorry.

M.K.
Knight165
you have absolutely no reason to apologize Uncle Knight, excellent job as always, just curious, are you planning on a deadline set, or end of year set? and are you planning a classic set?

Old 04-12-2011, 07:50 PM   #93
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
My bad.
Sorry.

M.K.
Knight165
After all the work you and all the guys put in to this you have nothing to apologize for. If all we have to do is go thru and check things and redo a few players its no big deal. It does not even compare to what you and all who helped did for everybody. I'm sure that someone working on the next version will tackle this anyway.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:59 PM   #94
MVP

OVR: 26

Was there going to be a followup roster with the edits in?
Old 04-12-2011, 08:00 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemens
Can you please explain what the CPU is doing wrong ?

Thx

If you don't cut the rosters down to the actual 25 gents that really started the season at MLB level from 40, the CPU will do that for you per their algorithms - it's a chain reaction really - then the lineups/rotations become a mess as well...

All told, to get everything EXACTLY as it is in real life you're looking at 3-4 hours of work.

Here's what I did.

1. Load the roster and begin a new franchise. Control all 30 teams and assign my profile to my team, and a second profile to the other 29 teams (I made a CUSTOM profile for this purpose). Simulate to the second from last day of Spring Training

2. Manually injury all players that started the season on the DL per the opening day spreadsheet at mlbdepthcharts.com and the first post in the previous Spring Training thread. (using actual injury lengths). Add those players to the DL. (15 or 60)

this one: https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B3x...NWE1YzYx&hl=en

3. Went through every team and manually sent down players that did not start the season on MLB rosters. (to 25 men, I made gut choices on what level to send them to, the CPU will ultimately manage/sort these for every team not mine.)

4. Advance to regular season.

5. Set each teams starting rotation / linuep per the spreadsheet at mlbdepthcharts

6. Set injuries to ON in both profiles.

7. Set options that I want to control for the CPU to manual in their profile, e.g. lineups, injuries, 40 man. Remember, this is just to get notifications. If it is something silly (like an injury at AA) you can just select auto-fix. I set things like training, scouting, etc. to Auto for them.

8. Save two versions! I personally disable Auto-Save so that I don't save over a master version.

9. Load a set of 'Default' rosters (everything at 5, except for Starter Stanima - personal preference)

10. Simulate game by game until my game is up.

11. Load my Sliders.

12. Play some Show!

Last edited by coreyhartsdaughter; 04-12-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #96
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
you have absolutely no reason to apologize Uncle Knight, excellent job as always, just curious, are you planning on a deadline set, or end of year set? and are you planning a classic set?
Yes...I do plan on having one for the end of season this year. I really do want to keep up with the transactions as they happen.

My plans for sets for the rest of the year.
-Keep an updated set for the trade deadline and end of season(if anyone is interested in pitching in on that...let me know(after a bit...I need a break! )
-A totally fictional player set. This one would be a fave of mine. I love it when you have no preconceived notions about players.
-A classic set of some sort. I really do want to do a specific year...for an online custom league(good for single play though with this years new custom online design. I would love 1951. A 20 y.o. Mays....a 19 y.o. Mantle..the end of JoeD's career at 36 y.o....and of course "the shot hear 'round the world!")

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis72
After all the work you and all the guys put in to this you have nothing to apologize for. If all we have to do is go thru and check things and redo a few players its no big deal. It does not even compare to what you and all who helped did for everybody. I'm sure that someone working on the next version will tackle this anyway.
Thanks...but I like to be thorough. Not perfect...just thorough and I totally blanked on checking the FA lists.
I make notes...constantly to check things and when I finish....I strike a line through it. My FA list line is staring me right in the face right now on my punch list...with no line through it. Not like me...

But thanks guys...
It's nice to get cut some slack!

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »