Home

MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 01:16 PM   #345
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 14 The Show OSFM Hybrid Roster - V1 Release

So v2 tonight sometime?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 01:19 PM   #346
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Do you think this also means the draftees and prospects as they develop will be not as likely to be "too good" for the roster?

I realize it can't be helped, but perhaps the complete edits have alleviated the possibilities some.
It is possible, but in the past it has still played well the next season - depends on how you use your training also
Quote:
Originally Posted by nola2728
So for V.2 are all pitch edits entered for all pitchers jeezy had listed or were some left out?
All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troopershorty51
I don't think anyone responded to this earlier so I just wanted to quote it again to make sure you guys saw it.

Did you guys expect this to happen and are you happy that it does? Personally I kind of like it as it means that not every 34-35 year old on your team is going to majorly decline.
Howard was projected around there, but you could test again and have him bomb the next time. Just the way the game works

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggabriel
I did see the same thing, Adam Dunn increased all his attributes by 8 in the first season I simmed. I'm not sure if there is a solution. It seems that most overalls were reduced during the re-rate process. As a result, the game is interpreting a 60-something Overall with B potential, and moving him up closer to his potential rating, despite being on the wrong side of 30.

A possible solution could be reducing the potentials of the old, over-the-hill guys, by my understanding is that future draft classes are based on the players who retire.
Think of last year - old players took big big nose dives the first season and useless in year 2. This way the player still gets a bit better and also doesn't retire early

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescottyglasgow
Yeah this is what I was talking about earlier when I sim ahead to the future the prospects are too good they need their potentials edited because I think a lot of them get a huge increase to their potentials when they are tearing up the minors in the franchise and others like polanco taveras russell need to be scaled back some because they start out way too high above machado and puig. Its not that big of a deal to me because I noticed no one really responded to my first message so if only a couple of us are having the "potential" problem I will let it rest.
We could look at them. We didn't touch potentials much of OSFM players and only tweaked MLB players

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
Yeah this might do it. The only problem is with a lower potential and higher age, overalls drop like flies. For example, when I did a test franchise with my Astros with the OSFM V2 rosters, Scott Feldman's overall decreased quite a bit. It kinda sucked since he's been a great pitcher this year.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Guys like that you may want to bump a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsauber
Did the Phillies get any updates in the newest version? Mainly Utley.
Utley got love

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Old 05-29-2014, 01:20 PM   #347
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith05
So v2 tonight sometime?
3-5 Willard said.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:32 PM   #348
Rookie

Did Jeff Samardzija get any TLC?
Old 05-29-2014, 01:35 PM   #349
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescottyglasgow
3-5 Willard said.
he also said that depended on some things getting done...I just want to start my franchise with pitch edits...I am one of the few that doesn't care about the stats at the end of the year and how they sim
Old 05-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #350
Rookie

Not a big deal really but for the Red sox both Rubby De La Rosa and Brandon Workman need to be changed to SP. Both have not made a relief appearance this year and only starts. Also Drake Britton needs to be changed to a RP since he has not made a single start this year in AAA. Just thought i'd mention these for either the Hybrid guys or the people who want to change it themselves like I have been doing.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:47 PM   #351
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsnut4life
Did Jeff Samardzija get any TLC?
1 pitcher got updated - and only because he is now achieving what was expected of his career.

Normally if we do pitcher edits it is at mid season. I thought about it with the start a handful of guys have had, but as a rule pitchers tend to fall back to their norm - which really sucks for us Blue Jays fans. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith05
he also said that depended on some things getting done...I just want to start my franchise with pitch edits...I am one of the few that doesn't care about the stats at the end of the year and how they sim
I understand you just wanted, but after the explosion that happened with the rush to shelf V1, we are going over this puppy with a fine tooth comb

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2014, 01:59 PM   #352
Rookie

Thanks Willard on the regular SCEA roster there are 3 guys under 23 with a 96 or higher potential and above 60 overall so they do reach that potential... Trout Fernandez and Harper. Thats a pretty elite group and in this set the number jumps to 9 that doesn't even include Manny and Puig so I just don't see the justification of Polanco Baez Buxton Sano Russell and Braldey having a higher ceiling than those two.

Last edited by thescottyglasgow; 05-29-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »