Home

MLB 09 The Show Videos: Early Look at New Yankees & Citi Field Stadiums

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Videos: Early Look at New Yankees & Citi Field Stadiums within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #41
Pro

magoo1967's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Video MLB 09 gives early look at new Yankees Stadium!!

First the blog and now this...OMG!!! Nothing like some fresh new MLB '09 info topped off by a couple of eye popping vids to warm me up on a frigid NY day in January. The new ballparks look fantastic and the progressive lighting was absolutely amazing. I can't wait to get home to see if the 720p versions will play on the PS3 browser so I can watch them on the big screen HDTV!

I didn't quite understand one thing in the write up about how they created the new Yankee Stadium. They said that because of the construction still in progress, they were not permitted inside and they couldn't work off blue prints, so does this mean that they just went by the preliminary drawings? I can't begin to wrap my head around how hard it must be to include a stadium in a game with such detail when the real thing isn't complete yet. I guess I just want to know more about how they accomplished this (as well as every other aspect of the game of course).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #42
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by KolbeSCEA
Just a heads up and because comments like this drive me insane - we have completely seperate areas of the team working on completely separate and diverse issues. Its not like the guy who works on our crowds can just say screw my graphics job, I'm going to work on nebulus "gameplay issues" or anything else for that matter.

{game production lesson}
Please people, I want you all to realize:

1) If you've asked for it in the past, or we've seen a need for it, it's on a list.
2) If the phrase "I dont see how hard it could be to just add XXXX" was true, we'd do it.
3) We task out team as best we can. We have limited resources and time in every area - taking from one does not equate gaining in another.

{/game production lesson}

-Kolbe
Just ignore them man. They know not what they speak. Thank the team for the effort this year. It's appreciated.
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 01-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Just a heads up and because comments like this drive me insane - we have completely seperate areas of the team working on completely separate and diverse issues. Its not like the guy who works on our crowds can just say screw my graphics job, I'm going to work on nebulus "gameplay issues" or anything else for that matter.

{game production lesson}

1) If you've asked for it in the past, or we've seen a need for it, it's on a list.
2) If the phrase "I dont see how hard it could be to just add XXXX" was true, we'd do it.
3) We task out team as best we can. We have limited resources and time in every area - taking from one does not equate gaining in another.

-Kolbe
How dare you find time to answer questions.... Back to work immediately...

*cracks whip* j/k

Old 01-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:

{game production lesson}

-Kolbe
I agree for some dumb reason people here think that because you added team mascots it will hurt other areas of the game. Its just crazy.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

{game production lesson}

-Kolbe
why is it every year the pitching and batting animations look the same? If one player can have a signature pitch delivery; (example; Cole Hamels,) why can't all pitchers at least have a better generic delivery? The classic example of what drives me nuts is that Johan Santana delivery...nobody pitches like that...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike75
I agree for some dumb reason people here think that because you added team mascots it wil hurt other areas of the game.

team mascots will only hurt other areas of the game if the mascots take up too much memory....
Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
What be your current issues, mate? Anything that you sawr in these videos you can point'emout, can ye?
animations have looked the same since 06....
Old 01-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #48
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsu_gb23
animations have looked the same since 06....
I will agree here animations need big time upgrading!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »