Home

MLB 09 The Show Screenshots From Community Preview Event

This is a discussion on MLB 09 The Show Screenshots From Community Preview Event within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-04-2009, 07:48 AM   #201
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Community Preview Event Pictures of MLB09 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetercanoturn2
This game is just beautiful and that's just what it is. I agree though, to some of the naysayer's and obsessive nitpicker's STFU and post that in the "2010 Wishlist" Amazing job SCEA!!! and thank you for the pics guys!!!
Actually, I meant you guys.

What I'm saying is that this game has its faults, like all of them. A lot of you have either turned a blind eye to this game or have fallen so loyal to the developers (which is fine and well-deserved for their communative efforts, BTW) that it seems it's like saying an insult about their first-born child.

The only reason I would ever nitpick, though, is because they read these threads, so just like you said, it becomes an automatic suggestion for 2010. At least that way it's in the back of their mind before production, so we're not too late on wishing for anything.

But these screenshots are beyond amazing! The detail is just so... epic. Believe me when I say that there is no bigger fan of progressive lighting on this message board than me; if you were around a few years ago and read some of my wish list posts, you'd know what I was talking about. I'm glad that they put it in.

Now the only things that are missing are the teases; a new fielding camera (like the broadcast one), new player models, and uhh... well, that's all I need to win me over with this series for quite some time. Kudos, SCEA!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 11:07 AM   #202
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
This game can't get here soon enough.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #203
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 09 The Show Screenshots From Community Preview Event

I was just wondering (for anyone who knows), what's going on in this shot?

I mean in terms of the baseball, to the left of the fielder. Is it going toward him, did he toss it? Just looks like it's falling out of the sky lol.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 02-04-2009, 11:28 AM   #204
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I mean in terms of the baseball, to the left of the fielder. Is it going toward him, did he toss it? Just looks like it's falling out of the sky lol.
Looks like the player was trying to throw the ball to first to complete the double play, but lost the ball.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #205
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Community Preview Event Pictures of MLB09 The Show

I have to go change my pants. Because I just messed them after I saw the wall at Wrigley witout ivy! That's freaking awesome! I'm perfectly happy with there being no ivy and then all of a sudden at one point during the season the wall is full with ivy. But if it actually grows progressively as the season goes on...oh, man, that would be awesome.

And the right field wall has the fence where fans can stand outside! Sweet! The only negative I saw was that instead of the Under Armor logo on the green doors in the outfield (which I don't even know will be there again this year, and I understand SCEA would have to get the rights by Under Armor) are replcaced with the Cubs sleve logo in all white. I'd rather the door just be green.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2009, 12:59 PM   #206
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer

I'm pretty sure Fukudome is trying to ninja sweep the second baseman, who is simply trying to defend himself. This is the prelude to a huge team kung-fu match.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #207
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I'm pretty sure Fukudome is trying to ninja sweep the second baseman, who is simply trying to defend himself. This is the prelude to a huge team kung-fu match.
Sweep The Leg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sweep_the_Leg.jpg (3.6 KB, 112 views)
Old 02-04-2009, 01:26 PM   #208
Rookie

I just cannot get posting images in a post right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »