Home

Create a player improvements in future MLB installments

This is a discussion on Create a player improvements in future MLB installments within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
Create a player improvements in future MLB installments

It would be nice if they improved the create a player in MLB 10 or 11. Maybe using something like, and for the record I hate EA, Fifa 10's game face importing feature. It would be nice if we could also have more options for customizing our players, like home and away shoes, batting gloves, wrist bands, etc, to match the home and away uniforms. Also some brand name bats, gloves, shoes, batting gloves would be nice (maybe as something to use the money your RTTS player makes on to unlock.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 29
Re: Create a player improvements in future MLB installments

been saying it since 07 gameface needs to be implemented in the show period
Old 12-02-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Davis
been saying it since 07 gameface needs to be implemented in the show period
They have this on the PS2 version where you take a picture of your face with a digital camera. I wish it was on PS3 as well though.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:42 AM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I wonder how many people take the time to truly take advantage of SCEA's terrific face editor? If it's not resource intensive to include a game face feature, then sure...but otherwise, I'm quite pleased with the face editor currently available.

I do agree with more customization. I'd like to have more color options and be able to choose color schemes (I'm thinking catcher's gear, primarily), home/away and day/night breakdowns as well. More options in general.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:16 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
I wonder how many people take the time to truly take advantage of SCEA's terrific face editor? If it's not resource intensive to include a game face feature, then sure...but otherwise, I'm quite pleased with the face editor currently available.

I do agree with more customization. I'd like to have more color options and be able to choose color schemes (I'm thinking catcher's gear, primarily), home/away and day/night breakdowns as well. More options in general.
The problem with the face editor is that it is so damn time consuming. I'd like it better if you could take the picture like on the PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 11:16 AM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by JermaineDye05
The problem with the face editor is that it is so damn time consuming. I'd like it better if you could take the picture like on the PS2.
It's really not once you put some time into it.
I don't know how quickly you can line up pics in the PS2 version you are talking about....but I can edit a face to be pretty close(I think so anyway) within 5 minutes. If I put 10 minutes in now....I think it's really good. Some more options(hair length...beard length...etc) would go a long way.(WE NEED AFROS and really long hair for my '70's players!!!)

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-02-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
MVP

Scooter3's Arena

OVR: 15

SCEA's face editor is just great!
It takes time to get acquainted to it but when you do you can squeeze out any players face in Baseball History!

I would like the parameters extended a little more ( the ability to move the nose eyes mouth higher and lower and the face higher lower wider thinner. )
An offering of a shorter neck or longer neck and the ability to shift the front of face forward or back in relation to the neck...A skin tone slider would be good too..

I would like to see a 5 oclock shadow offering ( on the face not the field). this would fit guys like Yogi Bera, Roger Clemens and Sandy Koufax...

I would like more gear options.

Retro round framed plastic and wire glasses like Roy McMillan and Frank Howard used to wear.

When did MLB start offering batting helmets?
I would like an option of batting helmets or no batting helmets (just cloth caps)...

How about solid black cleats with the tongue folded forward...

There are some outstanding looking jerseys threw out baseball history one of my favorite jerseys is the 1956 Redlegs "CUT SLEEVES"...

Textures are too tight they need to focus on the different textures like fabric. The jerseys shouldn't be just blocked in they should look like they are supported by a real body...

The grass looks too perfect during the summer months there should be some ware and tear with some of the grass turning brown...

I love how this game just gets better and better...

scooter...

Mark Twain:
" Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to."

U.S. Army Veteran

Last edited by Scooter3; 12-03-2009 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #8
MVP

TN - BRAVES FAN's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
It's really not once you put some time into it.
I don't know how quickly you can line up pics in the PS2 version you are talking about....but I can edit a face to be pretty close(I think so anyway) within 5 minutes. If I put 10 minutes in now....I think it's really good. Some more options(hair length...beard length...etc) would go a long way.(WE NEED AFROS and really long hair for my '70's players!!!)

M.K.
Knight165
Even putting the time into it the created players still look like a digital model instead of real. I can tell who the player is but again it still looks like a digital creation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »