Home

MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #113
Banned

OVR: 15
Re: MLB '10: The Show Demo Has Been Submitted, Waiting on Sony, Not SCEA

I wonder if maybe the higher ups at Sony are to busy watching the Olympics and don't have time to release a demo just now?
Old 02-25-2010, 08:31 PM   #114
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRyan33
An arrogant response like that seems befitting of this thread.
Just stating the truth.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #115
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlerguy92
Regardless of who's to blame, theres an fundamental problem that is affecting us all. The demo isn't out fellas...Last year it was out I believe a month before the game released? Very dissapointing to fans of the game to see multiple posts about it being submitted or finished week after week, only for Thursday to come and not have it be there. Also, the 2K10 demo is out on the 360 but as per the update today isn't included in the PS store update. Is Sony just completely boycotting baseball demos altogether?
God of War III demo isnt in the US Store either so whoever is at the helm over there isnt doing their job or they do multiple roles and is ignoring the one that effects us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 08:33 PM   #116
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

This thread is getting more amusing than the Top 5 threads.

Next thing you know...SCEA is going to get blamed for bringing down the Trade Center and starting global warming!

Sweet!

The rush to defend...(where applicable) is only as quick as the rush to attack....for quite ridiculous(IMO) reasons.....and the amount of ferocity at some of these...has me thinking of my own conspiracy theories

M.K.
Knight165
Old 02-25-2010, 08:35 PM   #117
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
The other thing that rubs me the wrong way is the need to pre-order to receive the classic stadiums. All without a demo. People pay $60 for a game, and have to take a leap of faith just to get the full package.

The pre-order deal and the Best Buy kiosk deal also seem aimed at narrowing down your choice of seller. I'd like to go down to my small local store and give them my business, not some big multinational store who really don't need it to survive.

Whoever makes these decisions is seriously taking the piss with what's been a very loyal customer base. I should say this again, no one is pointing fingers or taking shots at the development team, but I'm sorry to say I may just wait on this game and go for PYS2010 when it hits in April.
you seriously need to stop crying. Why are you worrying so much about a baseball videogame done by a company that has made the best baseball game/sports game the last 3 years in a row and 99.9999 most likely this year. How can they f it up when they have the best base for the game?

There are several reasons for the pre order bonus. 1 it is their way of getting people to buy the game new instead of used. Sony/San Diego Studios do not see a penny from used game sales. If you are going to buy the game used you are either going to have to put in a crazy amount of hours into the game itself or spend $ on the PSN.

2. It gives Sony a good idea on how many copies the game is going to sell. Also gives them a good idea on how many copies to print and how strong a 2nd print is going to be. It also gives Sony a good idea on how strong pre order bonus leads to sales.

3.. If you are so afraid of 10 being a failure then go play 09. If you think 10 cannot be all that and more after playing 09 then do not buy 10.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #118
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Question? Would everyone trade the ticker that made it late in the game for the demo to be out now or a couple weeks earlier? We left SCEA with a pretty good list of items to see if they could still be incorporated in the game. This go around at CD we saw more last minute requests by the group get put in the game and they were solid additions. I know everyone wants the demo but I would rather have these last minute additions for a whole season then a demo that gets deleted after a couple plays! Just my take on things.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #119
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
The other thing that rubs me the wrong way is the need to pre-order to receive the classic stadiums. All without a demo. People pay $60 for a game, and have to take a leap of faith just to get the full package.

The pre-order deal and the Best Buy kiosk deal also seem aimed at narrowing down your choice of seller. I'd like to go down to my small local store and give them my business, not some big multinational store who really don't need it to survive.

Whoever makes these decisions is seriously taking the piss with what's been a very loyal customer base. I should say this again, no one is pointing fingers or taking shots at the development team, but I'm sorry to say I may just wait on this game and go for PYS2010 when it hits in April.
I'm sorry, I've gotten to the point where I'm like Job's friend:

"Inside I am like bottled-up wine, like new wineskins ready to burst. I must speak and find relief; I must open my lips and reply."

Leap of faith? Have you played '09? Exactly what kind of catastrophic occurrence are you anticipating that would cause the best sports game out there to suddenly become not worth purchasing? Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we able to get the classic stadiums by paying? So they give you the option to get DLC for free and that's a problem?

Are you complaining that they are offering us the chance to play the full game at a retailer before the actual launch date? Who says you can't go somewhere else and purchase the game? Who's stopping you? Who's providing a disincentive?

A piss with the customer base? Are we talking about the same people who brought customers over for input (twice, right?), listened, changed things, and then let those same customers share it all on an internet message board? The same people going to those lengths to strengthen customer relations like no one else in the business is taking the piss by not releasing the demo before the release date?

I'll go back to quietly reading everything now, just had to let that out.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:39 PM   #120
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
Question? Would everyone trade the ticker that made it late in the game for the demo to be out now or a couple weeks earlier? We left SCEA with a pretty good list of items to see if they could still be incorporated in the game. This go around at CD we saw more last minute requests by the group get put in the game and they were solid additions. I know everyone wants the demo but I would rather have these last minute additions for a whole season then a demo that gets deleted after a couple plays! Just my take on things.
I see, so it's your fault the demo didn't get released. jk
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »