Home

MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Center Fielders

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Center Fielders within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Centerfielders

I got love for my boy Bourn!! He had a breakout season last year and is becoming a great lead-off man. His fielding is suberb and has great speed. His numbers shows what a great season he had last year. Im surprised we only signed him for a 1 year would've like to see him sign long term. But yeah he's easily under-rated!!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #58
Banned

OVR: 12
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Center Fielders

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEORGE LUZ
Respectable list. I'd replace Damon and Bourn with Jones and Ellsbury, and move Beltran down - too injury prone. Also, finally Franklin Gutierrez getting some respect - there's a reason they call him "Death to Flying Things"
Huh????

Discounting his 14-game stint in 1998, Carlos Beltran has played less than 140 games twice in his career, in 2000 (98) and last year (81).

He's not injury-prone as it pertains to games played. He's fine at #2
Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 AM   #59
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: MLB '10: The Show - Top 5 Centerfielders

Damon and Hunter are too far up this list for my taste, and I don't get the disservice toward Curtis Granderson. He's a dream for center field, and he is one of the fastest player's I've seen in a long time.

Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
Huh????

Discounting his 14-game stint in 1998, Carlos Beltran has played less than 140 games twice in his career, in 2000 (98) and last year (81).

I think people are taking into account that Beltran is going to be out again for at least half the season this year.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

Michael Bourn is an unbelievable defensive centerfielder and a good leadoff guy. He might be the fastest guy in MLB.

And he is a UH Cougar so I love it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 01:14 PM   #62
Pro

GoBucs09's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXBRUINS
McCutchen!!!

I was hoping to see McCutchen in the top 9 and I would have expected Ellsbury to be in the top 9. I really can't tell what abilities the overall ratings are weighted towards. In some cases it looks like it favors power and average, in other cases it favors speed and defense.

Ellsbury has the speed and average but poor defense But it seems like Bourn made it over Ellsbury because Bourn has speed and better defense.

Gutierrez is the best defensive centerfielder but he's 8th. Johnny Damen has terrible defense but has power and is 6th.

McCutchen was a rookie but he had great speed, decent average and power and okay defense, he definitely seems like a top 9 player.

Looking at the stats it's a reasonable list and I can understand why it looks the way it does.

IMO I don't think enough weight was given to the falling and rising star factor. Damon is on the decline and guys like Ellsbury and McCutchen are on the rise.

Last edited by GoBucs09; 02-26-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:24 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 4

Michael Bourn in the top 10...ummm no

Did he have a good year last year? yes
Is he a "good" player? yes

But has he shown he is a good player other than last year? no way. He had an atrocious year at the plate in 2008.

I know we live in a society of "what have you done for me lately" but come on now. He is fast as heck and a good defensive player but he is only a career .262 hitter and has no power

Also, good to see Franklin Gutierrez on the list. Best defensive outfielder by a mile.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #64
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsman8669
Huh????

From 1999 - 2008, Carlos Beltran would have had a durability rating in the 90's - I agree with you there.

However, it is 2010 and he's 32. He missed half the season last year and looks to miss a big chunk of this upcoming season - that's labeled injury prone in my book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »