Home

MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show - Player Potential Fix Coming in Next Roster Update within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Player Potential

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
some more odd-balls

Jermaine Dye A potential
Matt Stairs A potential

Joe Mauer C potential
Something has to be wrong with the tables. Its like someone sorted the rating list and forgot to select all of the columns.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_steve
Something has to be wrong with the tables. Its like someone sorted the rating list and forgot to select all of the columns.
Scary thing is, that could easily have happened.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:58 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitaminKG21
+1

Unfortunately as stated, an 'F' rating means he will regress quickly.
This could really be a buster for me. With potential not being able to be edited, we would need a patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #36
Rookie

I'm guessing based on who started this thread, that this is a known issue that is going to be resolved. Any idea of when we should expect a fix on this? Can it be resolved with the next roster update? shouldn't be too hard to fix.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdDegree5803
Reds players i noticed...
Chris Dickerson - D, should be a B at least
Paul Janish - F, should be a C at least...
Matt Maloney D, should be a B at least
Wilkin Castillo D, should be a C (was last year)
Justin Lehr D, should be a C
Carlos Fisher D, should be a B or a C at least
Danny Herrara D i think (game isn't in front of me) should be a A or B at least
I love the Reds, but I disagree with all these posted. None of these guys are any good. They are average/below average players at best. There are good Reds prospects that need to have the great potential ratings like: Francisco, Alonzo, Heisey, Chapman, Wood, Frazier, and Leake. Dont get these guys above more credit than they deserve. I watch every game being a Reds fan, but you have to be able to distinquish from what your favorites teams guys are talent wise vs. what your perception/wishes their talent was.

Guys everywhere do this far too often. I am not ripping you at all, but you have to take the approach of watching all guys and comparing them to the league around them. None of the guys you mentioned are rising stars or even rising. Come on now, the guys I mentioned above are the Reds "rising stars."

Thanks.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk7987
I've been trying to battle this for the whole thread. Yes, that makes sense. No, that's not how the game works.

If he has an "F" potential rating--which he does--he declines 10 points a year easily. I've simmed a couple season, and this is almost universally true for the names I posted on the first page of this thread.
Again, I think this needs a fixing. What the hell is the point of playing past 2-3 seasons? All the star players with an F rating in the game now will be crap by then.

Not only should they not be F's, but they decline at a fast rate when clearly they are superstars See Wright and Reyes.

Last edited by stormshadow1; 03-02-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:04 PM   #39
Rookie

vegaas's Arena

OVR: 5

I hope they give us some info on if this is an easy fix through a roster update. I just bought the game and all I play is franchise. Game is worthless to me at the moment.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJWILLIAMS1
I love the Reds, but I disagree with all these posted. None of these guys are any good. They are average/below average players at best. There are good Reds prospects that need to have the great potential ratings like: Francisco, Alonzo, Heisey, Chapman, Wood, Frazier, and Leake. Dont get these guys above more credit than they deserve. I watch every game being a Reds fan, but you have to be able to distinquish from what your favorites teams guys are talent wise vs. what your perception/wishes their talent was.

Guys everywhere do this far too often. I am not ripping you at all, but you have to take the approach of watching all guys and comparing them to the league around them. None of the guys you mentioned are rising stars or even rising. Come on now, the guys I mentioned above are the Reds "rising stars."

Thanks.
I disagree with you. Yes, the prospects you have mentioned do deserve to have high potential ratings (Frazier,Heisey,Alonso,Chapman). The players he mentioned aren't all A or B potential ratings but they have produced at the major league level, so there is no way their ratings should be F's or some D's.

Danny Herrera - age 25 - 61 innings pitched with a 3.06 ERA, should not be a D potential.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »