Home

MLB 12 The Show Video - Marlins Park

This is a discussion on MLB 12 The Show Video - Marlins Park within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #161
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: MLB 12 The Show Video - Marlins Park

The lack of a view beyond the outfield walls is a horrible choice. I just don't understand how you can build a stadium in the state of Florida and not incorporate beautiful sight lines, etc. It looks like a hanger. I can understand why the parks in Milwaukee and Toronto have the same look considering the inclimate weather, but Florida? Come on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2012, 08:37 PM   #162
Banned

OVR: 0

You guys are relentless. It's just a ball park. I guess I don't understand how some people have so much feeling about it. I can partly understand if you're home team plays in it, but beyond that, I don't understand all the hatred towards this stadium.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #163
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_F_Z
You guys are relentless. It's just a ball park. I guess I don't understand how some people have so much feeling about it. I can partly understand if you're home team plays in it, but beyond that, I don't understand all the hatred towards this stadium.
Why do you have the urge then to point this out? We do it because this is a discussion board about MLB the Show, and this ballpark is in the game. Because of this, it gives posters licenses in a thread about a video of the new ballpark to critique it. And it suffers from the same problems that Miller Park and the juice box have: terrible shadows, horrid colors, and lackluster aesthetics. Add to that the home run statue, and it is indeed one ugly stadium.

Old 02-08-2012, 11:13 PM   #164
Rookie

jlatz10's Arena

OVR: 2

The common overall feeling and expression of this thread as I've interpreted it:

"Oh, cool... new pics of the Marlins stadium are up, lets check them out. Ok lets see here, pretty open ballpark w/ retractable roof preventing So. Fla rainouts, scanning through leftfie...OMG CENTERFIELD. WHAT IS THAT THING? I CAN'T LOOK AWAY. WHAT IS THAT? WHO WOULD MAKE SUCH A THING. TERRIBLE. Ok, let me try to notice something else. CENTERFIELD."

Thank you for reading my poetic interpretation.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:29 PM   #165
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
The lack of a view beyond the outfield walls is a horrible choice. I just don't understand how you can build a stadium in the state of Florida and not incorporate beautiful sight lines, etc. It looks like a hanger. I can understand why the parks in Milwaukee and Toronto have the same look considering the inclimate weather, but Florida? Come on.
There's a beautiful view of the city through LF but that is in not in this video or in the game possibly.

If anyone has been to Sunlife for a game you'd appreciate this stadium a whole lot more.

I'm only disappointed with how they have portrayed the stadium in this game not the RL one, the CF thing is an atrocity but whatever(Loria being Loria) and I've grown fond of the new Unis even tho our last set was one of the best imo.

Last edited by Chrisksaint; 02-09-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »