Home

MLB 13 The Show Screenshots - Bryce Harper, CC Sabathia and Ryan Braun

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show Screenshots - Bryce Harper, CC Sabathia and Ryan Braun within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2012, 09:13 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show Screenshots - Bryce Harper, CC Sabathia and Ryan Braun

I'm the biggest MLB The Show fan but for the first time, I'm not very impressed. I was hoping for a little more. To me it looks exactly the same as MLB 12. It's early though. So maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #26
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabata4Prez
I'm the biggest MLB The Show fan but for the first time, I'm not very impressed. I was hoping for a little more. To me it looks exactly the same as MLB 12. It's early though. So maybe I'm jumping the gun a bit.
I wouldn't expect the big changes for '13 to be in graphics. Not with the PS4(whatever it will be called) on the very near horizon(especially DEVELOPMENT wise) ....but rather look for the bigger moves on the modes within the game.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 12-06-2012, 09:22 PM   #27
Developer

Woodweaver's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabata4Prez
Yeah, I'm already pissed at how all my favorite teams will be doing in the 2013 season too! :-)
Old 12-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #28
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Don't know how anyone can still play 12 with the new CBA and the Astros moving to the AL missing... that alone should make people want to buy 13.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:18 PM   #29
MVP

oldman's Arena

OVR: 17
These look great but I want to know what they are going to do to keep the game fresh.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:28 PM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm really hoping that crowd atmosphere will be fixed a little bit more in 13 or down the line. I know they made some improvements last year but it still annoys me when I am playing at a half-empty Petco Park, with bases empty in the 7th, down by four runs and yet the entire crowd is on their feet acting like I'm about to hit a walk-off. If they could fix THAT, then I will be happy an honestly would just buy the show if the fixed that and only that.

Padres / Angels / Ducks / Clippers / 49ers
Old 12-06-2012, 11:39 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

I can totally understand not being able to make hair or fans look totally life like or improve the graphics dramatically because the bottom line is that the PS3 only has so much capability.

But I would expect a ton of new accessories at least. Different styles of gloves, new catchers gear, more pant bottom styles, things like chains and necklaces or even something as simple as being able to have the top button of the jersey open that was available in 2K games as far back as 2K8!

If there are no new accessories other than the little Nike logo at the top of everyone's t-shirt, which would actually be UNREALISTIC since not everyone wears it unless they just sold out to Nike and agreed to put it on everyone, then I am going to be disappointing.

But again, it's early and all of the new accessories weren't in any of the screen shots last year, they made the screen shots with the default gear but the new stuff was available for us to go in and manually change, like compression sleeves, wrist guards, the new arm guards/shin guards, etc...

So hopefully, if nothing else, we get a lot of new gear/accessories....because yeah I agree that $60 for the same game with new rosters and a few new players who were rookies last year would be a little bit hard to swallow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2012, 09:27 AM   #32
MVP

sink4ever's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDL375
I can totally understand not being able to make hair or fans look totally life like or improve the graphics dramatically because the bottom line is that the PS3 only has so much capability.

But I would expect a ton of new accessories at least. Different styles of gloves, new catchers gear, more pant bottom styles, things like chains and necklaces or even something as simple as being able to have the top button of the jersey open that was available in 2K games as far back as 2K8!

If there are no new accessories other than the little Nike logo at the top of everyone's t-shirt, which would actually be UNREALISTIC since not everyone wears it unless they just sold out to Nike and agreed to put it on everyone, then I am going to be disappointing.

But again, it's early and all of the new accessories weren't in any of the screen shots last year, they made the screen shots with the default gear but the new stuff was available for us to go in and manually change, like compression sleeves, wrist guards, the new arm guards/shin guards, etc...

So hopefully, if nothing else, we get a lot of new gear/accessories....because yeah I agree that $60 for the same game with new rosters and a few new players who were rookies last year would be a little bit hard to swallow.
Revamped RTTS and Franchise, as well as Playoff mode, a better "pick up and play mode" . . . and probably a whole bunch of stuff that hasn't been released yet!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »