Home

MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

This is a discussion on MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #257
Rookie

leinhart_6's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLB Bob
The ratings arent based of what the team may do or have done. Its not ranked on intagables like "grit", "good managers", "team chemistry" and "being clutch"..
Most of that stuff is a way to explain the unexplainable and have no data to back it up or quantify

Its individual player stats from a 3 year formula, weighted by SCEA.

So with that, some teams look odd, but real life or in game the Jays are not over rated, SF may be a little under rated, but SF rely's on Buster, and you saw that when he was not there in 2011 due to injury and they didnt win the world series, the Red Sox way over rated if we're going by "what they have done last year"

And if it takes minor leagues into account, than this can explain alot as well. And we dont know the "grade" difference between the top team and the last team, or any team. The teams people are saying should be 5 spots higher, the difference between those 5 teams maybe 1 point..maybe less..maybe more.

God I love having numbered ratings...smh
Very good point made. I feel that many people are not exactly grasping the concept of this on these of forums..

I've had no problems with MLB the Show's team ratings over the years and still won't. The thing is that the ratings in this game are a lot different than what most people expect from other sport games. It's a whole different grading system. It's a unique system that shouldn't be judged so harshly.

I love the number ratings as well! Definitely a welcomed addition
Old 02-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #258
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB 13 The Show - Overall Team Ratings, Including Batting, Pitching and Defense

I dont understand the Giants ratings at all. 2 WS in 3 years and ranked 17?! They bring back the wold championship roster basically intact, and 17? 9th best pitching staff with that rotation and bullpen?

I dont think the Giants should have the highest ratings in the league, and I dont usually get upset or concerned about ratings at all, but this is really bizarre to me, and is making me a little concerned about the new rating structure.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:57 PM   #259
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondsfan
s making me a little concerned about the new rating structure.
Why? Overall ratings have always really been meaningless. Not just in this game but others as well.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #260
MVP

Bondsfan's Arena

OVR: 8

Why are overall ratings meaningless? I mean, the Giants rotation and pen from top to bottom rivals any team in the league, which is why they've won 2 of the last 3 WS? If 1/3 of the other pitching staffs are rated higher than theirs, then it worries me that rating system is seriously over-rating some teams because of some flaw in their calculations, or its just flat out biased some how.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #261
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

You people are honestly spoiled rotten... Ok the ratings are not perfect for everyone. But here's the thing, it's impossible for them to be. Not everyone agrees with each other on who is better than who, so trying to make the ratings to suite everyone in a lost cause. Don't like it? They got this nifty new feature where you can edit ratings. OH WAIT-- You could always do that! Or just wait for OSFM rosters to be released.

Seriously. People these days feel everyone owes them something. Get over yourselves.

On a brighter note, thank you Ramone and the rest of the development team. You've done an exquisite job so far. Looking forward to buying this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 04:01 PM   #262
Rookie

OVR: 4
Videos please. I've seen like one inning of gameplay so far and the game comes out in less than two weeks. Seriously guys, I really want to see actual game footage
Old 02-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #263
Banned

As a Yankee fan, I can say:

- the Yankees rating looks good.
- the Red Sox seem highly overrated, but we all know the developers are Sox fans. They've admitted this in the past. Just a shame it spills into the game.
- the Rays seem underrated.
- Blue Jays and Angels seem ok to me.
- Giants should certainly be higher, though they did lose Melky. Not withstanding PEDs, he did carry them in the entire first half of the season.
- Orioles seem substantially underrated.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #264
Rookie

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
As a Yankee fan, I can say:

- the Yankees rating looks good.
- the Red Sox seem highly overrated, but we all know the developers are Sox fans. They've admitted this in the past. Just a shame it spills into the game.
- the Rays seem underrated.
- Blue Jays and Angels seem ok to me.
- Giants should certainly be higher, though they did lose Melky. Not withstanding PEDs, he did carry them in the entire first half of the season.
- Orioles seem substantially underrated.
I agree with you for the most part. I would like to see giants, yankees and oriols higher. I would like to see sox and jays lower. Rays seem fine...maybe a spot or two higher. I think overall the rankings are not terrible but few teams are very questionable. A's should be a lot higher...definitely higher than Blue Jays

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »