Home

Community Day 2013 - Road To The Show - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

This is a discussion on Community Day 2013 - Road To The Show - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #1
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30
Icon5 Community Day 2013 - Road To The Show - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

Hi OSers,

Keeping with the common theme of the other threads please place all questions, concerns and inquiries pertaining to Road To The Show Mode in this thread. Please arrange your questions in an organized fashion and if you post a question or content and have another later on, just keep updating your original post. If you have already posted in Kirby's RTTS Improvement thread, please do not duplicate.

Thanks!

YouTube

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #2
MVP

MetsFan16's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Community Day 2013 - Road To The Show - Questions/Concerns/Inquiries

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to create these threads to gather all of requests from the community.

My Main things with RTTS is:

-Do catchers have to call every pitch of every game?

-Will we be able to use the money we earn to buy for equipment of something like that?

-Instead of creating a new player, can we play as a player who is already in the MLB. For example can we play as guys like David Wright, Matt Kemp, Joe Mauer. Instead of creating a new player and going through the minor leagues.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Rookie

Nooooovak's Arena

OVR: 2

Have advancement goals been completely removed? And if not, have they been toned down in importance or made a little more realistic? Tired of having my pitcher get scolded by the coach because he doesn't have a certain SLG% or amount of walks.

Any chance we get to choose our uniforms this year? Completely understand why we weren't given the option in the past, but would like to see it, regardless.

Have trades been toned down? It's become almost pointless to choose a team, as you were likely to be traded within the first season anyways. In my many RTTS players I created, I never once came up with the team I was drafted by :/

How is the new in-game atmosphere for RTTS?

Do SP have the option of switching to CP and vice versa?

Is it easier to change positions now? I think I've only been able to change positions successfully about once in the past.

Last edited by Nooooovak; 01-06-2013 at 12:48 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:25 PM   #4
Permanently Banned

nomo17k's Arena

OVR: 38

- Has the bug that causes the base runner to steal the next base after failed hit and run turned steal been removed?

- Is the presentation still glitch-y using the "result-play" mode, e.g., replays not showing the plays the announcers are talking about, etc.?

More to come...
Old 01-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Pro

barsoffury's Arena

OVR: 2

-Will there be the option to play your entire career with one team? Ie. If the team wants to trade you, you have the option to decline it but with some sort of penalty involved to keep it somewhat realistic. Like being sent down or benched for a prolonged period of time.

- Will there be anything to do with the money you've earned in RTTS?

- Do you have the option to use PED's ? lol..........kidding.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsoffury
- Do you have the option to use PED's ? lol..........kidding.

Anyway...

Ahem... Are the goals (if they still exist) more relevant to my player? Last year you could have a big, chubby, power hitter asked to hit and run or steal a base or something.

Did they address issues that prevented me from running or stealing a base if I was not the lead runner? The game automatically disabled steal commands if there was a runner at the base you'd be stealing. It makes sense in theory, but it made double steals and overall aggressive baserunning a royal pain.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
MVP

Bluejaysfan65's Arena

OVR: 44

Since it seems like Nike is in the game this year, would it be possible to do something like what NBA 2K13 has done with their MyCareer Mode??? So, you earn money in order to buy pieces of equipment or boost your attributes and if you get good enough, you could get endorsements from Nike. Having the post game press conference where you can choose your own answers would be nice too. Lastly, it would be nice to see the ability to have options in your contracts.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 5

-Has a way to stop in the base paths been added to the "new" baserunning controls?

-Has manual sliding been fixed/added with the "classic" baserunning controls?

-In '12 when playing as an infielder, the catcher throws on steals and such are always perfect throws at your chest. Has this been addressed?

-It seems as if an inordinate amount of plays as an infielder are tailor made grounds balls. Do the developers feel this way and has there been any change in this area?

Last edited by bayman; 01-16-2013 at 11:25 PM. Reason: adding

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »