Home

MLB '14: The Show Just Saved Thousands of Careers

This is a discussion on MLB '14: The Show Just Saved Thousands of Careers within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #25
Game Designer

tabarnes19_SDS's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: MLB '14: The Show Just Saved Thousands of Careers

I think KNIGHT'S comments were a little tongue in cheek.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #26
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

I don't understand why people say that you wouldn't buy the next game in the series if this was implemented. Wouldn't it be the other way around? Suddenly I want to buy future ones for this very reason, so now I can continue my franchise.

Besides franchise mode itself, this is the best feature in a sports game ever. Period. Props to SCEA.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 11-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #27
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Am I the only one that's going to miss Armor & Sword's detailed descriptions of his 37 different Franchises spanning 5 different versions of the game?

Yeah Blzer, I agree. Someone said "game changer" earlier and I couldn't have put it better myself.

Last edited by Heroesandvillains; 11-06-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 0

I dont think people realise how revolutionary this is...this has been needed for years...One of my biggest gripes with sports gaming in general. HAving to start over when in only 2/3rds through my season on last years version...

More sites should be praising this, but the show always gets ignored mainly, despite its impeccable quality.
Old 11-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #29
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
Knight, you always have well thought out and insightful comments. I don't think I've ever seen you get into even a minor squabble on these forums and I respect your thoughts and ideas. However, I think we both know that's a bit of a stretch. If, in five years the lowest team batting average in the MLB is .307 and the best team ERA is 5.20 I'll be very, very surprised.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
I think KNIGHT'S comments were a little tongue in cheek.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 11-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #30
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincramps
I dont think people realise how revolutionary this is...this has been needed for years...One of my biggest gripes with sports gaming in general. HAving to start over when in only 2/3rds through my season on last years version...

More sites should be praising this, but the show always gets ignored mainly, despite its impeccable quality.
I don't think The Show gets ignored at all. It's consistently rated one of the best games of the year by several gaming outlets. People always complain how boring and stupid baseball is, and those same people always talk about how revolutionary and amazing The Show is. They get it, even if they don't specifically like the particular content of the product.

This is one of those features that will raise the attention of several other developers in sports gaming. Gamers will demand it even more. And now that one game can do it, no one will ever understand why the other could not.

Sent from my mobile device.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 11-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #31
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincramps

Well, it's early for one. Baseball season just wrapped up, the game doesn't come out until March/April, and other sports will be launching with the system, making them more "up front" at the moment.

Plus, while it's definitely a big feature, it's also difficult to truly measure its impact until we can see it in effect (which really won't be until MLB 15). Currently, we don't even know how it's intended to work, let alone that it does work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMH
I don't think The Show gets ignored at all. It's consistently rated one of the best games of the year by several gaming outlets. People always complain how boring and stupid baseball is, and those same people always talk about how revolutionary and amazing The Show is. They get it, even if they don't specifically like the particular content of the product.

This is one of those features that will raise the attention of several other developers in sports gaming. Gamers will demand it even more. And now that one game can do it, no one will ever understand why the other could not.

Sent from my mobile device.
I disagree. the show, never wins for best sports game of the year, when it has deserved it by a wide margin many years this gen. it went to NHL a few times, not exactly a popular sport outside canada either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »