Home

'Universal Currency' Coming to MLB 14 The Show

This is a discussion on 'Universal Currency' Coming to MLB 14 The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #113
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: 'Universal Currency' Coming to MLB 14 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
But you never know, a little whining now, may have saved a great deal of whining and grief later.
I dont know if you have kids or not, but let me tell you something about my experience.
When my kids whine or dont ask for something the right way, I completely ignore them until they ask the right way, "May I please....."
But, "Daddy Im hungry" or "But I dont want to" usually gets ignored. So much so that by now (5 & 8) they know to ask the right way and not whine and theyll get the attention they seek.

Something that even adults can learn from and something I learned very quickly in the military.
Seeking proper channels and inquiring the correct way can go alot farther than, what my wife & I call,
"B-ing & C-ing".

Just some food for thought.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #114
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
No it doesn't
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Either way I don't feel like what I was saying can be called "Whining" I was being honest about a situation that was very serious. If people want to call it whining, then I don't think they were listening with both ears.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:48 PM   #115
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. Either way I don't feel like what I was saying can be called "Whining" I was being honest about a situation that was very serious. If people want to call it whining, then I don't think they were listening with both ears.
it was never a serious situation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #116
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I dont know if you have kids or not, but let me tell you something about my experience.
When my kids whine or dont ask for something the right way, I completely ignore them until they ask the right way, "May I please....."
But, "Daddy Im hungry" or "But I dont want to" usually gets ignored. So much so that by now (5 & 8) they know to ask the right way and not whine and theyll get the attention they seek.

Something that even adults can learn from and something I learned very quickly in the military.
Seeking proper channels and inquiring the correct way can go alot farther than, what my wife & I call,
"B-ing & C-ing".

Just some food for thought.
Yes I do LOL 6 and 9 on Sunday!
And if my Nine year old says "Hey DAD! THE KITCHEN IS ON FIRE!" I don't say "QUIT YOUR WHINING!"
I get up and think "Hum this might be a serious situation"
My point is that complaining about colors of the team hats can be described as whining, saying that you don't want a situation like NBA 2K's is NOT whining, but discussing a serious problem.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #117
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
it was never a serious situation.
Go over to the 2K forums right now, and tell them the situation they are going though is not serious.

The news today was a huge relief to me.
Old 01-10-2014, 02:56 PM   #118
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Yes I do LOL 6 and 9 on Sunday!
And if my Nine year old says "Hey DAD! THE KITCHEN IS ON FIRE!" I don't say "QUIT YOUR WHINING!"
I get up and think "Hum this might be a serious situation"
My point is that complaining about colors of the team hats can be described as whining, saying that you don't want a situation like NBA 2K's is NOT whining, but discussing a serious problem.

LOL! #1 the fact that you equate a kitchen on fire to this situation proves our point.
Its not that serious. Its a video game, not a life or death fire!

#2 saying the kitchen is on fire when you havent even seen the kitchen, is not only counterproductive, its ignorant.

#3 Making assumptions or drawing conclusions without proper information is irresponsible, as PastaPadre often is.
It is really because of his article that this thread turned into what it did.

#4, Im singling out PP more than anyone else. Hes the one that raised the question and blamed it on the gamers.
Rather than trying to be the voice of reason, he creates drama and panic so people click his .com
Old 01-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #119
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee

#2 saying the kitchen is on fire when you havent even seen the kitchen, is not only counterproductive, its ignorant.
LOL, but you missed the part in my scenario where my kid is IN the kitchen, and knows for a fact that it IS on fire. LOL

Does that mean that the living room was going to burst into flames? No...does it mean that the fire could spread? Yes Yes it does.

EDIT: Me being the kid in the kitchen (Kitchen being 2K) in this example. The house being the video gaming industry. (And the living room being The Show)

Last edited by WickedFastball; 01-10-2014 at 03:04 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #120
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
It's pretty simple for me. If I can not play an offline franchise and I will be subjected to microtransactions to manuever what I can do on my PS4....It may be a long while before I ever go to a new console.

Sports games that require you to be online at all times and hit you with pay for play are not going to fly with me on the PS4 when I decide to get one. And I really really hope The Show does nothing like what I have read 2K basketball did. I would never buy 2K for PS4 in it's current state.

Man what is going on??? What the hell is happening to us solo offline franchise guys? Don't get me wrong....I love playing in SOS Madden...it is a blast. But I am having my usual awesome time with my offline CFM, Dynasty, franchise/classic season replays, Be A GM, and Association modes on my PS3.

If this is really the future of sports gaming.....I am not buying it.

I gotta believe The Show will still be a robust offline game. Gotta believe that. Baseball is not some wide spread popular sport anymore. We are fast becoming a cult (baseball fans) much like the NHL. Maybe I am wrong but baseball has far less popularity today than the NFL and NBA.
The NHL attendance numbers are higher than the NBA.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...0461--nhl.html

“I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture".
- Bob Uecker

Last edited by CubFan23; 01-10-2014 at 03:04 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »