Home

MLB 14 The Show Could Have Different Release Dates For PS3 and PS4

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Could Have Different Release Dates For PS3 and PS4 within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 01-29-2014, 11:43 AM   #153
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 14 The Show Could Have Different Release Dates For PS3 and PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I really hope its not released that late, the PS4 is collecting dust already. There is nothing worth owning on that system just yet until The Show arrives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I here you

I bought NBA 2K14 and Madden 25 with my PS4 on launch day and I play NBA 2K14 maybe 2 times or so a week at most and hardly ever play Madden 25 at all. Once MLB 14 The Show and Drive Club are released I will never put down my PS4 controller

If I had to do it over again I think I still would buy NBA2K14 as overall it's really a great game. It's just that I am no where near the basketball fan as I am a baseball fan. And I definitely would not buy Madden 25 if I could do it over again. I love the NFL but EA has once again let me down. Ea has not made a good football game worth buying since the PS2 days and it continues with the first PS4 version.. I was really hoping that Madden 25 would finally bring back the glory days of Madden but after playing it a few times I just got bored with it really quickly. And I can't trade it in becasue all I buy now is the digital download versions.
Disagree, but want to discuss lack of games further

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...iscussion.html
Old 01-29-2014, 12:01 PM   #154
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I here you

I bought NBA 2K14 and Madden 25 with my PS4 on launch day and I play NBA 2K14 maybe 2 times or so a week at most and hardly ever play Madden 25 at all. Once MLB 14 The Show and Drive Club are released I will never put down my PS4 controller

If I had to do it over again I think I still would buy NBA2K14 as overall it's really a great game. It's just that I am no where near the basketball fan as I am a baseball fan. And I definitely would not buy Madden 25 if I could do it over again. I love the NFL but EA has once again let me down. Ea has not made a good football game worth buying since the PS2 days and it continues with the first PS4 version.. I was really hoping that Madden 25 would finally bring back the glory days of Madden but after playing it a few times I just got bored with it really quickly. And I can't trade it in because all I buy now is the digital download versions. It's really going to hard possibly having to wait another 3+ months to play a baseball game.

That is what is bad with the digital downloads no returns, I only bought battlefield on the ps4 basically just have a game for the system, but that game is so mediocre I returned it with in the week and put the money I got for it towards The Show.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:56 PM   #155
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26

Just received an email regarding more ps4 available and at the bottom they listed upcoming PS 4 releases and MLB 14 the show is showing an available date of 4/1/14. I know this is the date we have always seen but first time i noticed in the emails I get from Gamestop. Here is a screen shot i took.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot from 2014-01-29 13:50:12.png (167.0 KB, 130 views)
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2014, 03:59 PM   #156
MVP

CKW11's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Just received an email regarding more ps4 available and at the bottom they listed upcoming PS 4 releases and MLB 14 the show is showing an available date of 4/1/14. I know this is the date we have always seen but first time i noticed in the emails I get from Gamestop. Here is a screen shot i took.
Came to post this as well. Idk how much it means tho
Old 01-29-2014, 04:00 PM   #157
Rookie

HockeyRef33's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
I also got the same email. They've had 4/1/14 for a while and it has always been assumed to be a placeholder date. But this got me thinking that maybe they have a little more confidence in that date if they are sending it out in emails.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:02 PM   #158
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKW11
Came to post this as well. Idk how much it means tho
It means nothing until it's confirmed.

Marketing teams and companies selling products are going to promote selling products with the information they are given. April 1st is still as of this moment a placeholder.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:09 PM   #159
Banned

ZealousMonkey's Arena

I'm just not bothered by this. I want quality. I don't want a bunch of patches. There cannot possibly be that much that went wrong in the PS3 version this year. The PS4 needs its headline Sports game badly. By then Baseball will have heated up. If I see this game on my PS4 in beginnings of Summer I won't sweat one drop.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:24 PM   #160
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRef33
I also got the same email. They've had 4/1/14 for a while and it has always been assumed to be a placeholder date. But this got me thinking that maybe they have a little more confidence in that date if they are sending it out in emails.
I do believe it is still a placeholder and the reason why is that i have received emails from gamestop with placeholder dates like this..and later down the road the dates are correct once the announcement has been official. Since there has been no Official announcement..there is no reason to believe this is the real date...and if it was, it would of been stated by now but it hasn't so again folks..hold on tight but this is a PLACEHOLDER DATE!

We can count on one thing...PS4 version will not release on the same date as PS3 version because this late in development they would know if they were going to finish on time as in past years release dates. So its more than likely going to release "later" than PS3 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »