Home

2015 OSFM CAP CREATION THREAD

This is a discussion on 2015 OSFM CAP CREATION THREAD within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-18-2015, 11:12 PM   #49
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 2015 OSFM CAP CREATION THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Real players also don't wear any of the generic accessories in the game either. I don't get the whole player-brand association argument. At least an MLB player could use a brand in the game currently. The generic equipment doesn't exist in reality. If you do the colors right I don't see why a Franklin batting glove can't substitute for a Mizuno one.
I see what your getting at... Just my preference to have generic equipment for players who don't have licensed brands in the game.

But it's up to OSFM guys for final call.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:25 PM   #50
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Real players also don't wear any of the generic accessories in the game either. I don't get the whole player-brand association argument. At least an MLB player could use a brand in the game currently. The generic equipment doesn't exist in reality. If you do the colors right I don't see why a Franklin batting glove can't substitute for a Mizuno one.
Real players dont wear Nike cleats when they have New Balance. Real players dont wear under armour cleats when they wear adidas.........

The only exception would give players Nike who wear Jordan brand.

Last edited by ShowTyme15; 03-18-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:30 PM   #51
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Real players dont wear Nike cleats when they have New Balance. Real players dont wear under armour cleats when they wear adidas...........
I simply do not understand what you are getting at.

We can go like this all day, cyclical.

Real players don't wear Generic 1 cleats when they have New Balance.
Real players don't wear Nike cleats when they have New Balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #52
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
I simply do not understand what you are getting at.

We can go like this all day, cyclical.

Real players don't wear Generic 1 cleats when they have New Balance.
Real players don't wear Nike cleats when they have New Balance.
The argument goes both ways. Yeah real players don't wear generic gear, yet you want to give players licensed gear they don't even wear. We can keep going back and forth all day on the subject if you want.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:56 PM   #53
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
The argument goes both ways. Yeah real players don't wear generic gear, yet you want to give players licensed gear they don't even wear. We can keep going back and forth all day on the subject if you want.
In the end I find it more authentic to use an actual item that exists in reality over a generic item. Tomas wearing Nike cleats that look sort of like New Balance ones. Sign me up.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:13 AM   #54
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

Quote:
In the end I find it more authentic to use an actual item that exists in reality over a generic item. Tomas wearing Nike cleats that look sort of like New Balance ones. Sign me up.
While I do understand your perspective and I'm not saying you're wrong in your thought process. All I'm saying is you can't look at the generic gear as generic. Like we said before we can get certain generic equipment to look close to actual gear. In all honesty it doesn't really matter to me (I'm an equipment guy myself) if I don't like it i can always change it myself in my own file. Obviously we are going to agree to disagree. To each his own. Whatever Willard and Co. decide I'll be fine with it.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:40 AM   #55
MVP

Willard76's Arena

OVR: 7

I think at the end of the day our goal will be to give players as close to what they have in real life as we can. I think we are all tired of the generic equipment, but in some cases like cleat 1, I was always good at making it look close to Adidas, trust me I own a pair IRL.

OSFM BLUE JAYS Creator

Soundpack Contributor

Associate Creator and Godfather of the OSFM Hybrid Roster

follow me on twitter @billybrent
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2015, 07:25 AM   #56
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
If the design and colors of a Franklin glove or Nike glove look better than the generic gloves for say Mizuno, then I would use it, but if a generic glove has a closer design/color scheme then I am going with the generic. To me it's all about what LOOKS closest to the real thing if the real thing is not available.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »