Home

2015 OSFM HYBRID CREATION AND EXECUTION

This is a discussion on 2015 OSFM HYBRID CREATION AND EXECUTION within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-27-2015, 06:32 PM   #121
MVP

Totte's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: 2015 BASE OSFM/HYBRID CREATION AND EXECUTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Someone is on the worksheet for that.

My question is have the devs made it clear yet how the AI will offer contracts in the offseason yet? Will they be accurate to real life values, will it be based on a stock formula or will it be more dynamic and look at similarly paid players in your franchise?

It could create a problem with the game's AI if we start franchises with OSFM and all the budgets and player salaries are correct to real life, but then the AI uses the stock salary/budget values that shipped with the game.

...and hopefully there's a fix in there somewhere that doesn't make top prospects leave through the Rule 5 draft.

It's an interesting question that you raised. I'd like to know the answer to that as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #122
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Someone is on the worksheet for that.

My question is have the devs made it clear yet how the AI will offer contracts in the offseason yet? Will they be accurate to real life values, will it be based on a stock formula or will it be more dynamic and look at similarly paid players in your franchise?

It could create a problem with the game's AI if we start franchises with OSFM and all the budgets and player salaries are correct to real life, but then the AI uses the stock salary/budget values that shipped with the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totte
...and hopefully there's a fix in there somewhere that doesn't make top prospects leave through the Rule 5 draft.

It's an interesting question that you raised. I'd like to know the answer to that as well.
30-team control can fix all things. Let us just repeat this mantra. For the folks who want FA's to sign at appropriate AAV's in the offseason, I suggest doing it yourself. Unfortunately. Same for the Rule 5 draft.

As for the contracts, they are already done! I am just waiting to see if any more pre-arb players show up on Cot's contracts between now and opening day. Everyone above minimum wage is already good to go.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:05 PM   #123
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
30-team control can fix all things. Let us just repeat this mantra. For the folks who want FA's to sign at appropriate AAV's in the offseason, I suggest doing it yourself. Unfortunately. Same for the Rule 5 draft.

As for the contracts, they are already done! I am just waiting to see if any more pre-arb players show up on Cot's contracts between now and opening day. Everyone above minimum wage is already good to go.
30 team control is great, but the game should be programmed to work with what it allows the user to edit. If it allows editable contracts the AI should be programmed to work with that. What if you put in all tiny contracts for players or gigantic unrealistic ones? How does the game react?

An end user shouldn't have to go through every team and sign each player to make sure they sign at reasonable rates. When I am in my franchise in the 2nd or third year I want the AI to be making these decisions. Where's the fun in deciding where and for how much free agents sign for?
Old 03-27-2015, 07:12 PM   #124
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
30 team control is great, but the game should be programmed to work with what it allows the user to edit. If it allows editable contracts the AI should be programmed to work with that. What if you put in all tiny contracts for players or gigantic unrealistic ones? How does the game react?

An end user shouldn't have to go through every team and sign each player to make sure they sign at reasonable rates. When I am in my franchise in the 2nd or third year I want the AI to be making these decisions. Where's the fun in deciding where and for how much free agents sign for?
No one is disagreeing with you. With the tools we have, however, 30-team control is the best/only solution.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:20 PM   #125
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
No one is disagreeing with you. With the tools we have, however, 30-team control is the best/only solution.
I know, but I feel we shouldn't just keep saying "30 team control fixes all". We should be asking for better tools. I know the dev team tries to provide the best tools, but often things slip through the cracks if people seem satisfied.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 08:50 PM   #126
MVP

RidinDwnKingsley's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willard76
Gentleman, please remember when creating your rosters that we don't want rosters full of prospects. It will lead to prospects not progressing properly from being in a level too high and also leave us scrambling to create AAA/AA players

Good call Willard, we want AAA as perfect as can be and AA pretty close with prospects littered in AA and A.... Once the original sets are out go to town from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-27-2015, 08:58 PM   #127
Banned

Does this export trick only happen and work in mlb 15? I can't get it to work in mlb 14 I saved the wip file, started a franchise with CPU roster control on I go to manage roster and no export or import option comes up for me at all?? even tried skipping spring training, and I checked on created players no option to export or import what am I doing wrong? or does it only work for mlb 15
Old 03-27-2015, 08:59 PM   #128
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballgreat
Does this export trick only happen and work in mlb 15? I can't get it to work in mlb 14 I saved the wip file, started a franchise with CPU roster control on I go to manage roster and no export or import option comes up for me at all?? even tried skipping spring training, and I checked on created players no option to export or import what am I doing wrong? or does it only work for mlb 15
It's not in the MANAGE ROSTER section....
It's in the CPU ROSTER CONTROL section....bottom-right panel on that same front end menu.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »