Home

justmunc Fictional 2017

This is a discussion on justmunc Fictional 2017 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2017, 03:11 AM   #97
Rookie

justmunc's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: justmunc Fictional 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
@justmunc:

VERY intriguing project, indeed...

I'm new to fictional rosters, so I have a couple questions:

1) Do the players have career stats or is everyone a "virtual rookie"?

2) Since your team of choice is OAK, I'd likely roll with them as well...do you have an overview for them like the ones you wrote for BAL / BOS / NYY?

Thanks!
Every player on the roster starts out with an exact 0 on their MLB service time...however, they do have contract that mimic what you'd see in today's game. This was to make sure every team had realistic cap room when signing players once they get service time.

For the A's, I set them up very similarly to the teams they commonly assemble. Young talents and mediocre veterans with small price tags. The pitching is pretty solid, bolstering an above average pen with the likes of Brandon Catalanotto, Nick Chastain, and Wyatt Overstreet. Dylan Haywood is the young ace who will soon be too pricey for the A's to keep. The offense may be the weakest link to this team. Trevor Reeves, the 3rd baseman, has the tools to become a star but is still raw. Salvador Huerta will hit cleanup and knows how to drive in runs. After those two though, platoons and weak offensive tools fill the lineup. The farm isn't necessarily stockpiled either. Their top prospect sits in single A (Bennett Dawson) and the others are still a year away. The closest solid prospect is Justin Munson (my virtual self)

I'm currently in year 2 of my franchise and finished the last season way under 500 due to a terrible offense and unsteadiness in the back-end of the rotation. I actually traded Bennett Dawson to Tampa for a few other prospects who I believed could contribute in the next year. I also traded Takao Matsuzaka to the Mets in hopes of shedding his large contract. So far in season two, we are a few games above 500 but have faltered before hitting the All-Star break. As I see it, this team can be competitive in a couple seasons if you really commit to a rebuild.
Old 03-28-2018, 06:52 PM   #98
Pro

No.27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: justmunc Fictional 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmunc
Every player on the roster starts out with an exact 0 on their MLB service time...however, they do have contract that mimic what you'd see in today's game. This was to make sure every team had realistic cap room when signing players once they get service time.

For the A's, I set them up very similarly to the teams they commonly assemble. Young talents and mediocre veterans with small price tags. The pitching is pretty solid, bolstering an above average pen with the likes of Brandon Catalanotto, Nick Chastain, and Wyatt Overstreet. Dylan Haywood is the young ace who will soon be too pricey for the A's to keep. The offense may be the weakest link to this team. Trevor Reeves, the 3rd baseman, has the tools to become a star but is still raw. Salvador Huerta will hit cleanup and knows how to drive in runs. After those two though, platoons and weak offensive tools fill the lineup. The farm isn't necessarily stockpiled either. Their top prospect sits in single A (Bennett Dawson) and the others are still a year away. The closest solid prospect is Justin Munson (my virtual self)

I'm currently in year 2 of my franchise and finished the last season way under 500 due to a terrible offense and unsteadiness in the back-end of the rotation. I actually traded Bennett Dawson to Tampa for a few other prospects who I believed could contribute in the next year. I also traded Takao Matsuzaka to the Mets in hopes of shedding his large contract. So far in season two, we are a few games above 500 but have faltered before hitting the All-Star break. As I see it, this team can be competitive in a couple seasons if you really commit to a rebuild.
It’s funny how the game plays out. My Red Sox are facing the Oakland A’s in the ALDS 2017 Playoffs and it’s been a tough series (Matsuzaka featuring) with how competitive the CPU is on the new game. Speaking of the new game all the work you put into the players and gear looks stunning! I’m in baseball video game heaven. Thanks again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »