Home

Statdude's Statcast Speed Ratings

This is a discussion on Statdude's Statcast Speed Ratings within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Statdude's Statcast Speed Ratings

Hey guys, with the release of the Statcast and Baseball-Savant's Sprint Speed Leaderboard today, I decided to take the data and try to scale it into MLB The Show speed ratings. I averaged out all the data for each player and scaled their rating to a lower bound of 16 (looking at you Dioner Navarro). Hopefully this will come in handy from some people looking for accurate speed ratings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2017, 03:00 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Statdude's Statcast Speed Ratings

thanks, I will check this out.
Old 06-27-2017, 03:02 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude
Hey guys, with the release of the Statcast and Baseball-Savant's Sprint Speed Leaderboard today, I decided to take the data and try to scale it into MLB The Show speed ratings. I averaged out all the data for each player and scaled their rating to a lower bound of 16 (looking at you Dioner Navarro). Hopefully this will come in handy from some people looking for accurate speed ratings.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
have you thought about putting each player on their appropriate team, so it is more orderly ?
Old 06-27-2017, 03:08 PM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by squashbuggie
have you thought about putting each player on their appropriate team, so it is more orderly ?
Yes, I will try to in the next day or so. The information got a bit jumbled up when I was working on it in Excel
Old 06-27-2017, 06:07 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by statdude
Yes, I will try to in the next day or so. The information got a bit jumbled up when I was working on it in Excel
Ok, I will look forward to this. Thanks for all your work - it is much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #6
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

Looks good. Just wondering why some players have different speed ratings despite having the same sprint time?

I was playing around with it (with my ratings.. from 99 at the top to 31 I believe the bottom number was) and I'm seeing some slow runners in game like Trumbo is actually a 64 with this rating. A bit high I think lol.

Last edited by JaFFiTh; 06-30-2017 at 10:22 PM.
Old 06-30-2017, 11:59 PM   #7
MVP

JaFFiTh's Arena

I decided to start 99 on the top speed of those 3 years of info (30.7 by Buxton last year was the highest) and average the 3 years... buxton is the fastest at 30.2
(94 rating) while Hamilton is at 29.9 (91) that way the speed seems to be not as high for some players, Dioner Navarro bottoms out at a 26 rating. Still a bit too high for him but as long as he's the slowest in the league, all good lol.

I do have concern for those who increases speed due to the sprint times... could cause more triples for the players who doesn't leg out much during the season. But again the sim likes to give slow players bunch of triples. I know Ortiz had like 5 quite a bit at a below 20 speed rating lol. I do see some better double numbers for some players, but at time some players doesn't deserve as much lol. I guess it's based on the aggressiveness attributes so we'd have to tweak that around.

Last edited by JaFFiTh; 07-01-2017 at 09:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »