Home

S & B’s Directional/Classic MLB 23 Sliders

This is a discussion on S & B’s Directional/Classic MLB 23 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2023, 02:03 PM   #25
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: S & B’s Directional/Classic MLB 23 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I played 4 games last night. My first impressions of the game is great. A lot better than 22 so far.

Announcers
The announcers talked about George Springer’s SAY foundation that was just on an article over the winter on mlb.com. Mentioned a couple different players on what year they were drafted. I assume you’ll probably start to hear them repeat it if you use that particular team.

I was down by one run and brought in a RP and the announcers mentioned that he’s trying to keep it at a 1 run game. Haven’t heard them say that before.

Love the analysis of the offense by them. So far they are spot on with it.

Blue circle
I imagine this will be patched after they get negative feedback from it. I turn on auto throwing which stinks but I still press the button out of habit so sometimes I don’t even notice it. And if they throw it to the wrong base, some players just sometimes make boneheaded plays.

Sliders

Least year’s sliders worked really good with Steven’s slight changes. I lost 7-6 in extra innings and lost 9-2 in the next game. A lot of scoring variety and hit variety. I struck them out 15 and 7 times. But the 15 was from 11 innings. I am also striking out at a better pace than 22.

Stamina
We have it at 5 and seeing 85+ stamina guys go about 100-105 pitches when they get yellow stamina. Hook at 5 might work good this year.

Errors
I have had all errors on default in 4 games and had 2 errors total.

Looking forward to playing more and getting a set out. But we are close.
Finally a review of the game that isn't focused on Diamond Dynasty cards. All of the YouTube stuff is all about what packs did you get. Somebody got a Mike Trout card right off the bat and was about to cry right on the livestream. Smh.

Can't wait for the first slider set of the year.

Still not sure if I am going to pick the Mets or Braves to play 162.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 02:25 PM   #26
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Used you sliders for 22 and played a fun game against the Orioles as the Phillies.

Wound up winning 4-1. Both teams were held scoreless until the ninth inning. Saw a good variety of hits.

This was my first time using your sliders and I am pretty sure I am going to stick with them for my Phillies franchise.

I wanted to start said franchise tonight, but apparently Tatis isn’t in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-24-2023, 02:27 PM   #27
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
Used you sliders for 22 and played a fun game against the Orioles as the Phillies.

Wound up winning 4-1. Both teams were held scoreless until the ninth inning. Saw a good variety of hits.

This was my first time using your sliders and I am pretty sure I am going to stick with them for my Phillies franchise.

I wanted to start said franchise tonight, but apparently Tatis isn’t in the game.

I know. I’m ready to start a franchise too soon. You can always get a Tatis CAP and import him.

We are testing some changes to the sliders. Stay tuned.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 03-24-2023, 02:33 PM   #28
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I know. I’m ready to start a franchise too soon. You can always get a Tatis CAP and import him.

We are testing some changes to the sliders. Stay tuned.

I may have missed it on the post, but do you use auto-fielding?

Old 03-24-2023, 02:43 PM   #29
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
I may have missed it on the post, but do you use auto-fielding?

Yes, we do. And to get rid of the blue circle, we use auto throwing.

https://twitch.tv/bryanm1982

Braves Franchise

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 03-24-2023, 03:15 PM   #30
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

I just checked the opening day schedule for some teams.

The Giants play the Yankees on opening day in Yankee Stadium
That is a brand new step all by itself.

The new schedule is the biggest breakthrough in the whole game. It changes the whole dynamic of how the season plays. People are caught up in all the other modes but it is the every day grind of the 162 game schedule is where this game shines at.

The Mets play 16 of the first 22 games on the road this year. That is a challenge right off the bat for any team even if they are as talented as the Mets.

Once you throw in a challenging slider set like the one we use then you have a literal baseball simulation where you have no clue what will happen when your team marches into a game.

Diamond Dynasty is fun but people are missing out on the real nuts and bolts that this game offers.

But then I realize that some people just want to play online and talk smack to people which is fine too.
Old 03-24-2023, 03:42 PM   #31
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

The nerd and slider freak I am loves this type of stuff. But I found some evidence on the PCI size changing pretty significantly this year.

This is two 99 contact players. Winker from 2022, and Wander Franco 2023. The first photo is Winker on Allstar difficulty. Second pic is Franco on HOF difficulty. Identical size.

This is the same comparing 2022 HOF to 2023 Legend. 2022 Veteran to 2023 Allstar etc.

Basically we need to raise difficulty up one from where we hit and pitched last year. So for us that would mean HOF pitching and hitting using HOPEFULLY the same sliders. Hang tight we are getting there!

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 03-24-2023 at 03:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2023, 06:37 PM   #32
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

Finally some useful info on the game.

Most people on YouTube are just self promoting they are not examining the set up.

I'm not judging those people but I have only seen one video that even explained any pertinent information.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »