Home

True Game MLB Sliders

This is a discussion on True Game MLB Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #193
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: True Game MLB Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I'm so frustrated in this game. I'm now pitching on Veteran. I'm mad that it had to come to this. But I'm tired of giving up over 10 hits in a game. The final straw was to the last place Padres team against my best pitcher and they hit 15 hits and 10 runs and then the next game they score 5 runs in the first inning. I don't know what is going on. I used to be able to pitch on Hall of Fame. I no longer hold down the buttons on pitching I just tap every pitch cause everything was hanging or in the dirt.
I am having amazing games but changed contact to 6 and power at 4. On top of that I use dynamic settings as I got it up to half way between veteran and all star for hitting and half way between all star and hall of fame for pitching. Once I locked them in I set dynamic progress to 0 and let's what I play with

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2017, 06:22 PM   #194
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

Now I am using All Star +. I think I was just on a bad stretch and I would get frustrated and make things worse by not slowing down.

Hey Coach, how different are your sliders from Fenwaymac's?
Old 05-22-2017, 04:48 PM   #195
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanm1982
I'm so frustrated in this game. I'm now pitching on Veteran. I'm mad that it had to come to this. But I'm tired of giving up over 10 hits in a game. The final straw was to the last place Padres team against my best pitcher and they hit 15 hits and 10 runs and then the next game they score 5 runs in the first inning. I don't know what is going on. I used to be able to pitch on Hall of Fame. I no longer hold down the buttons on pitching I just tap every pitch cause everything was hanging or in the dirt.
I know exactly what you mean and it has me feeling the same way. FENWAY MAC has some good stats and we worked together a lot last year to tweak so I may tweak more towards what he is seeing. The only difference is that he pitches every pitch and I use quick counts which makes a difference. I am not a big fan of pitching every pitch, but I may lean toward that because it looks like the CPU take advantage of quick counts. There are so many times the CPU comes to the plate against me with a 3-2 count for instance and I come to the plate 1-2...

Consistency plays a key role role too so when a pitcher starts to get rocked you better visit the mound fast, because I noticed that as that consistency goes down the more hits and long ball they start to give up. On the flip side the higher it goes the harder they are to hit.

I am going to give pitching every pitch and doing some tweaks over the next two days since I am off. I worked nights all weekend at the hospital so now I have some time to my self after 14 hour shifts!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2017, 05:02 PM   #196
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

I was using these and I started to struggle on pitching like I said. So I been using Fenway's sliders and started on All Star. I actually started on Dynamic and it was at All Star and it raised to All Star + and I locked it and been that way for 2 games now. I been seeing good games and a good mix. I'm playing on All Star hitting. I've been doing better now hitting since I'm holding the R3 during the pitch. If its 2 strikes I push the R3 to the right the whole time. If its a power hitter or like a 3-1 count I push it to pull cause it gives the batter more power. Armor has it posted that each way you target the R3 button you gain some things but lose some things. Going opposite field makes more contact but less power I think?

I have hit 5 HR in 4 games and the CPU hit 2 HR. But I had a 6-5 game, 7-5 game, 3-2 game, and a 5-3 game. I'm on a 7 game winning streak. Those games my SP has been good and would throw in my Middle Relief guys to close out the game to save my big guys and they would give up a couple runs. I think his sliders have been working good for me using Quick counts. I suggest trying them at first before going to full counts. I'm not seeing a big advantage right now in the counts.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:08 PM   #197
MVP

bryanm1982's Arena

How are your sliders going? I noticed you revised them. Are you on Veteran or All Star Hitting? I noticed the modifiers say All Star hitting with a modifier for Veteran Hitting. But the OP says Veteran Hitting.

Last edited by bryanm1982; 06-07-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2018, 02:55 PM   #198
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

So far so good with the testing. Modifiers are in place and once again big shout out to BUY-14 they got me started this year! More to follow on both blogs...
Old 04-10-2018, 04:02 PM   #199
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

In my 3rd preseason game the O's lost 9-1 to Detroit

O's had 7-33 hitting, 2 2B, 0 3B, and 0 HR, 3 BB and 6 K -Getting better here.
Tigers had 15-39 hitting, 3 2B, 0 3B, and 2 HR, and 6 BB and 3 K

Modifiers were:

Wind 8
Reaction +1
FLD Run -1
Pitch Cont -1 HUM

I noticed the fielders are running pretty decent in the OF with a speed. I didn't realize that my timing for the CPU was on 5 BYU-14 has 4. I believe this is making a difference in the CPU. Something I want to track, but I think 4 may be the way to go. In three games so far they seemed to be hitting pretty good but nothing out of the ordinary for an MLB team. I don't think my -1 pitch con helped, but that is what make the modifiers unique.
Old 04-10-2018, 05:16 PM   #200
Rookie

CoachModer's Arena

Finally won a Spring Training Game 1-0 vs Tampa...

Each team had 6 hits. O's scored in the top of the 10th and held on for the victory. Tampa came close to tying in the bottom half as they knocked one off the top of the wall in right and got thrown out at 3rd trying to stretch it.

O's were 6-36, 2 2b and nothing else still, 1 BB and 11 K. I would have thought I would have seen HR by now. My hitting is terrible to say the least.

Tampa was 6-33, 2 2b and nothing else. 3 BB 8 K

modifiers were:

Wind: 7

+1 Pitch Control CPU
+1 Speed
-1 Fld Run

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »