Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-22-2017, 10:31 AM   #793
Pro

VincesVictims's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG1986
As someone else said I'm playing with power at 4 but this will probably just be a user preference thing. I've been playing clean screen no vibration for years and have had human control and consistency at 2 for a while now. The results have been great. Sure it can be tough. I can't mindlessly play this game lol. It can be stressful. Maybe try it with HUM control consistency at 3/3 or 4/4. I've noticed though the higher you increase CPU hitting, the harder it got for me. I couldn't get anybody out which is why I approached the CPU offense issue differently.
Do you have contact on 5 or 6

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-22-2017, 10:32 AM   #794
Pro

JG1986's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by VincesVictims
Do you have contact on 5 or 6

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app
I have CPU contact at 6, power at 4, solid hits at 5, and timing at 5
Old 04-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #795
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

These play really well. I'm playing with the clean screen and am really enjoying the challenge of pitching with no vibration or visual aids. I find watching the catcher's signals and working from those really engaging.

I'm seeing all different kinds of games and definitely feel like all kinds of outcomes are possible.

I'm using full games and am seeing great pitching management with the 2/7 starter/pen manager hook slider split. I'm also using the CPU contact at 6 and find that you really have to respect the CPU's better hitters at this setting, which is just as it should be.

Re: the HR length issue, I'm seeing perhaps more 400+ foot shots than seems normal, but I'm not seeing the excessive stuff (500+ feet). I'm even seeing plenty of no-doubt shots that travel in the 300s.

Really nice set. This game is so damn good.

I'm going to have to restart my LAD franchise using 30-team control, though, which is a bummer. I saw Keuchel get traded twice in May alone in a test sim with this set, and it just baffles me that some players get traded multiple times in a season. Archer was also traded twice by the end of May in that test sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2017, 09:21 PM   #796
MVP

For directional hitting do I have to press to a direction or can I just use the swing button for best results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2017, 09:40 PM   #797
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
For directional hitting do I have to press to a direction or can I just use the swing button for best results.

You can just press any of the different type of swing buttons and not touch the stick. It is traditional timed hitting that way.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-22-2017, 09:55 PM   #798
MVP

So using the stick in a direction will help though get it to where you want to go for example stick pointing up in a tag up situation..

Old 04-22-2017, 10:17 PM   #799
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDgolf
So using the stick in a direction will help though get it to where you want to go for example stick pointing up in a tag up situation..

Yes it can. But expecting to hit a low pitch even with the stick up can be challenging. Same with trying to go opposite field on am inside pitch. So pitch selection is also very important too.

Typically when I am trying to hit a sac fly. Stick at 12 O'Clock and contact swing.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-22-2017, 10:32 PM   #800
MVP

Cool thanks. By the way the wild pitches are out of control...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »