Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #385
Pro

PhillyPhannnn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

I have a question about classic pitching and timing I have my fastball and Changeup down with the timing releasing right before the vibration but I can't seem to get the breaking ball like a curveball down they always end up in the dirt....any tips all knowing classic god

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Football- Eagles
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 08:38 PM   #386
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball4ever39
Armor the sliders play great as always..I have a question about pitch speeds though..on 5 fastball and 7 off speed I'm early on everything and it cuts down on the hit variety I'm seeing but I do strike out a decent amount has even been double digits in games..I raised both speeds in increments and noticed much better hit variety and not early on everything but striking out on average less then 5 times again on fastball 8 and off speed 10...just wondering why 5 and 7 are highly recommended and if the separation of 2 is necessary you think??thanks for helping to get the most out of this game again this year
Armor will tell you that pitch speeds are very much a personal preference. I've personally settled on 4 and 6 (instead of 5 and 7) as I am using a different camera angle.

These are truly settings that you have to cater for yourself as it incorporates factors like your skill, TV used (due to varying input lag values), camera angle, etc.

His OP values work best for him (and likely for many others), but I was behind on everything so I had to adjust. Like with every slider, you have to let things settle-in over a number of games.

I do think that the offset between fastball and offspeed pitch sliders helps cut down on what is traditionally too large of a velocity differential in pitch speeds in this game. But, if you're always ahead on one and behind on the other, you might need to adjust that gap.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:55 PM   #387
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Playing a 1997 Marlins vs Braves game and I am mashing Glavine right now.

I will be streaming another 2017 test franchise game right after it as well.
Madden 21 (PS5)
Dragons Dogma 2 (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-05-2017, 10:09 PM   #388
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhannnn
I have a question about classic pitching and timing I have my fastball and Changeup down with the timing releasing right before the vibration but I can't seem to get the breaking ball like a curveball down they always end up in the dirt....any tips all knowing classic god

I start my breaking balls most of the time much higher than I want them to end up. When you get to know your pitchers well. You will learn where the best starting point is for each one of their pitches and how it breaks. This is another reason I love this game so much. Each pitcher is different!

Streaming on Twitch
"Volsfan39's Statis Pro Baseball (Ultimate 80's) MLB 20
https://www.twitch.tv/volsfan3939
Old 04-05-2017, 10:17 PM   #389
Pro

PhillyPhannnn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan39
I start my breaking balls most of the time much higher than I want them to end up. When you get to know your pitchers well. You will learn where the best starting point is for each one of their pitches and how it breaks. This is another reason I love this game so much. Each pitcher is different!

Thanks for the input I'll take that into consideration

Football- Eagles
Old 04-06-2017, 12:26 AM   #390
Rookie

livinitup921's Arena

OVR: 4

I have hit 8 home runs in 6 games with Freddie Freeman..it makes me a little worried but I'll stick with it and see if with larger sample size it evens out. I have a total of 13 home runs and have given up 9 in the 6 games. Some of the home runs I find ridiculous though based on where the pitch is and it wasn't good timing. Ill.keep at it as I'm having fun.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-06-2017, 02:27 AM   #391
Rookie

I just picked the game up last night. I have some experience with this game but am struggling with hitting. Probably a noob question but do you aim with the left stick or keep your thumb off of it? Any gameplay/slider suggestions is greatly appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2017, 03:44 AM   #392
Rookie

xxxAir23xxx's Arena

Hey A&S. I've had a chance to play a few more games and get a better feel for this years game. I've got my offense more or less together but have noticed a few things that are annoying, which I'm not sure sliders can fix. Noticing too many first pitch strikes by the CPU. Typically they're throwing 70-80% first strikes, and one game 90%.

Another thing is that fielders reaction times and speeds are super human. I smacked one down the 3B line, around 7 feet from the 3B man and he reacted to it like a cheetah, diving and throwing me out. I know some fielders are gold glove quality but this was insane. Outfielders also fly to fly balls, never giving the chance for a bloop to drop in. For example, shallow fly to left and the SS flies into shallow left in less then a second and is there waiting for the ball to drop, when in reality if he was going to make that play he'd be getting there around the time the ball is dropping.

I'm living the game, but these are just a few minor issues I'm noticing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »