Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #361
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by volsfan39
Had to share with all the talk about quick hooks. Now I have seen a few I have questioned but this one to me doesn't get any more realistic.

Bot 6: 86' Mets up 3-1 over 82' Braves

Darling pitching well for CPU but does have an elevated pitch count mid 70's.

Gets the first hitter on a called strike. Pitch count now 83.

Next hitter singles first pitch fastball.

Walks the next batter. Pitch count 92 figured here may be the hook but no.

Walks next batter. Pitch count 98 surely here right? Still no.

Bases loaded and he is still in there!

Needless to say next batter singles in two runs to tie the game. Now the hook!!

Slider set at 2 is giving me very realistic situations. I have seen guys pitch into the 7th and 8th inning more now. Truthfully though I have not seen to many questionable hooks to begin with as some have. Also no homers in the game from either team. I won 5-4!!

Awesome sauce Vols!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 02:04 PM   #362
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Thanks for all of the hard work with your sliders. I use them every year as well. Tried out a play now game while I wait for OSFM to release with your sliders and was down 4-0 in the third to Baltimore. They had 6 hits to my 1 (3 homers from Baltimore) after 4 innings and then I had to turn it off as I was called away for something. Looking forward to get more practice with these in the coming days. Might play around with the batting camera as I am using Offset Zoom right now. I have always liked MLB 15 camera, but will give the offset zoom a try for now.

Thanks again!
Old 04-05-2017, 02:10 PM   #363
Rookie

Lett0407's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Yeah...that is the toughest part of the game for me. I don't issue nearly as many walks as I draw. Josh1977 came up with a great suggestion in turning off the controller "vibration" and that combined with no ball marker will yield you a much better balls to strike ratio and also amp up the challenge.

I am going to try that as I play my 2017 Yankees spring training (oh yes we are playing Spring Training to get acquainted with that wonderful haul of prospects the Yankees took in last season) which will begin this weekend!

So I will report back how that goes (I am prepared to get lit up too LOL)
Lol! Well, there is a lot to like as a Yankee fan! They may be a year or even two away, but that can change quickly with a good first half and the trade deadline. As a Sox fan, they are not a team I like playing right now. Well, of course I like playing them, but you know what I mean.

Should be an exciting few years for the Sox & Yanks! A lot of young talent on both sides and is starting to feel a little bit like the early 2000s when both organizations saw the clashes that laid ahead. You have to love it!

And good luck in spring training, and thanks again! I will take the advice of yourself and Josh1977 and see how turning off the vibration helps. (No girl I know has ever said that, lol!) It's a bit of a tough spot, because I want to have a feel for where I am attempting to throw, but not to the degree I only walk one guy every 12-13 innings!
Old 04-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #364
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

so has there been any updates specific to slider 2.0 that needs changing ?

i've just been watching tons and tons of real baseball so i'm out the loop ...
Old 04-05-2017, 02:25 PM   #365
Rookie

volsfan39's Arena

OVR: 1

I have been testing the pick off slider. I run quite a bit with 80's rosters and was getting picked off at an alarming rate. I have settled at 4 for now it seems to be a good slot for me. I have still been picked off don't get me wrong. But not every time I take an extended lead like was happening before.

I have found that running this year is a lot harder than in the past which I am very thankful for. I have been thrown out multiple times with an extended lead with 80+ speed guys. Last year I quit taking extended leads because I felt it wasn't fair. Nice to have some Cat N Mouse back in.

Streaming on Twitch
"Volsfan39's Statis Pro Baseball (Ultimate 80's) MLB 20
https://www.twitch.tv/volsfan3939
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 02:51 PM   #366
Rookie

Lett0407's Arena

Good point! I noticed the same issue with the pickoffs the last couple of years. I will have to try this. I was getting picked off at an alarming rate — just to add a step to the lead-off! Thanks!
Old 04-05-2017, 02:56 PM   #367
MVP

G3no_11's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I have found that running this year is a lot harder than in the past which I am very thankful for. I have been thrown out multiple times with an extended lead with 80+ speed guys. Last year I quit taking extended leads because I felt it wasn't fair. Nice to have some Cat N Mouse back in.

I have mostly only played RTTS and seeing this is odd to me because when I was using these sliders for RTTS, it was ridiculous how easy it was. In my first year in AA I had 76 stolen bases and only caught stealing 3 times with about a month of the season left. I was called up to AAA and I believe I was at 9 SB's, 0 CS in about 3 weeks. Often times I don't even take a lead at all, even when stealing 3rd.

I will post up the running/stealing sliders I'm using now when I'm able to but I dropped quite a few of the sliders in terms of the running game. Still don't have a large sample size from the recent subtractions but something definitely needed to be changed. Just an FYI for those planning to use these in RTTS.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:57 PM   #368
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
so has there been any updates specific to slider 2.0 that needs changing ? -
i've just been watching tons and tons of real baseball so i'm out the loop ...
- Not as of yet. I am still playing games and will be diving into a new franchise this weekend when #OSFM17 drops. Plus I really want to wait for the gameplay patch 1.03 before I even move forward with any more potential tweaks.

Quote:
I have been testing the pick off slider. I run quite a bit with 80's rosters and was getting picked off at an alarming rate. I have settled at 4 for now it seems to be a good slot for me. I have still been picked off don't get me wrong. But not every time I take an extended lead like was happening before.

- Excellent stuff right here and exactly what I mean about tuning to your play style or desires!!!

Remember too perks are a huge thing this year! I love them. I check them every AB!!! Some pitchers have the pick off perk and you better know what you are up against!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »