Home

Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 04-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #377
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLPtxrangers77
Fish eye is the worst. Pitcher looks like he's a mile away... I will give offset zoom a try.

Thought the same all last cycle. Used offset zoom which is a great camera. But I wanted to freshen up 16 in my last month with it. It took me about 20 games to adjust. Now I love it.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-05-2017, 06:26 PM   #378
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Armor & Sword & Marino's MLB The Show 17 Timed/Classic Simulation All-Star Slider

Got smoked in first game using these sliders. Only 2 hits . First lost of season haha. They are good. Just need bit tweaking and maybe just sucked first game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2017, 06:42 PM   #379
Rookie

Do I have to use directional or can I use zone hitting? Also can I use meter or do I need to use classic for pitching?
Old 04-05-2017, 07:05 PM   #380
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattpio48
Do I have to use directional or can I use zone hitting? Also can I use meter or do I need to use classic for pitching?

You can use whatever you desire just know I test and develop these exclusively playing on Directional hitting and classic pitching.

Sent from Palm Trees and Paradise using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-05-2017, 07:09 PM   #381
Rookie

Cdub28's Arena

Couple questions for you guys.

First, I have only experimented this year with RTTS. I have not played franchise yet as I am awaiting the awesome OSFM rosters. I cannot recall if I used this sliders last year or some other. Therefore, I am using the perfomanced based difficulty currently.

The only thing I currently have adjusted is the batters view. I like the way the game plays currently. I do not use other views. I also typically field myself. With that being said. Do you guys feel like these sliders would still work well for me? Let me know if I need to provide any other info on the way I play. I do like realistic stats and I typically play about 1 out of 5 games (I roll a 6 sided die to determine which pitcher I will start in the rotation and sim the rest. A six means I sim all five games.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #382
MVP

tree3five's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Absolutely brilliant idea from Josh1977

I have turned off controller vibration!! And it is glorious.

If you are an advanced classic All-Star pitcher and want a true challenge.

No ball marker no controller vibration.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This is how I have done it for years. I love it.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:05 PM   #383
MVP

OVR: 9

Another great function of the Catcher Offset Camera is that you will get a perfect down-the-middle view when you are matched up with a lefty-righty or righty-lefty respectively.

When you have a right-righty matchup, you get a great view of the inside edge of the strikezone, but your outside edge is, well, "offset".

This makes for a great opportunity in the latter innings, when you are pinch hitting, to utilize your matchups for the most advantageous batting view.

Love this game, just love it.

~syf
Old 04-05-2017, 08:14 PM   #384
Rookie

Armor the sliders play great as always..I have a question about pitch speeds though..on 5 fastball and 7 off speed I'm early on everything and it cuts down on the hit variety I'm seeing but I do strike out a decent amount has even been double digits in games..I raised both speeds in increments and noticed much better hit variety and not early on everything but striking out on average less then 5 times again on fastball 8 and off speed 10...just wondering why 5 and 7 are highly recommended and if the separation of 2 is necessary you think??thanks for helping to get the most out of this game again this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »