Home

***Perfect Sliders 2017***

This is a discussion on ***Perfect Sliders 2017*** within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2017, 11:57 PM   #41
Rookie

coopsta007's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: ***Perfect Sliders 2017***

I started a season with the Dodgers and began using these sliders. The only change I made was using the batting reticle while up to bat. I used the reticle in years past and have grown to enjoy it. My first series was against the Padres and I won 3 out of 4 against them. Games were 4-1, 3-1, 3-6 (L) and 8-3. Hopefully when I play some stronger teams, I will see an improvement in the AI.

I will say these sliders play good out of the box and I enjoyed using these sliders over the default All-Star level difficulty. I saw a variety of hits and pitchers switched up locations. I agree wholeheartedly that you need to be patient to draw walks. In my first game, I struck out 10 times (no discipline) and it was not fun. My last game of the series, I had developed some discipline and was able to draw 4 walks (including 1 HBP)

The only two glaring issues to me was that I had several instances where the ball scooted past outfielders and rolled to the wall resulting in a higher amount of doubles. I think if the outfielders had more acceleration, it would cut down on these and lead to more singles. I did not have any triples in my first four games, despite Dodger Stadium being a large ballpark. The other issue had to do with power. I may drop this slider down a click as I had 7 HR's in 4 games. After my first series, only Pittsburgh (8) had more home runs than me in the team statistics. One thing about the HR's was that only 1 came via the power button and the rest came from using a normal swing (pressing X). Also, out of my 7 home runs, I'd say roughly half of them came from meatball pitches that were right down the pipe or from curveballs left up in the zone. Each of these home runs were no doubters that cut right to the Home Run camera after I made contact. I can get over the long distances, however I felt some of these HR's came a bit easy.

Overall, the games were pretty realistic as I won 4-0, 3-1, 3-6 (L) and 8-3 in my first series. The Padres aren't the best measuring stick, but I'll report back again after my 2nd series against the Rockies (at Coors). Thanks again for creating these sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 06:55 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

What is everybody doing to soften bunts? Playing the cubs and they bunted into 3 double plays.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-13-2017, 05:31 AM   #43
Hoping for change...

PsychoBulk's Arena

OVR: 23

Literally havent come across anything like that at all.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:49 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
Literally havent come across anything like that at all.
Wow, I see it almost every game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-13-2017, 09:56 AM   #45
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucerset
Results from my first 3 games of the season:

Gm 1 (perfect sliders V2 - All Star)
Sea 9 15 0
Hou 4 12 1

Gm 2 (P.A.D. Legend sliders - Legend)
Sea 1 3 2
Hou 13 15 0

Gm 3 (perfect sliders V2 - Legend)
Sea 1 7 0
Hou 0 3 0

So far the perfect sliders on legend difficulty seemed really fluid and realistic. These are only a couple games so the data pool is not very deep right now. Just wanted to give you some early results.
I actually recommend people try this particular set on HoF difficulty. It's very close to the same set I've created for myself, especially with contact at 6. It's the only way to get those slugfests, but it's not too much. Very satisfying and fair.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #46
Banned

CanOfCornCobb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanOfCornCobb
I actually recommend people try this particular set on HoF difficulty. It's very close to the same set I've created for myself, especially with contact at 6. It's the only way to get those slugfests, but it's not too much. Very satisfying and a fair challenge.

Old 04-13-2017, 08:20 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Psycho, how are CPU SP holding up for you? In full games with these sliders, are you seeing starters go a good number of innings, or are you seeing lots of hooks in the 4th inning or even earlier?
Old 04-14-2017, 09:35 AM   #48
Rookie

Do these need any tweaks to use pulse pitching?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »